Did I screw up my platinum run?

Hey all!

Really need advice for those that plat this...

I followed a couple of different trophy guides, advising to do my RE7 play through like this

1. Play on easy with all collectibles

2. Play on easy for speed run/3heals/3 boxes

3. Play on madhouse with all collectibles

What I didn't know is that a Normal Mode playthrough is required for Secrets of Defense.

So, because I started on easy, I didn't get the secrets of defense. So far, I finished step 1.  This leaves me three options:

1. Try to do the speed run/3 heals/3 item boxes on normal

2. Do the speed run/3heals/3 item boxes on easy as the guide recommended, then, only have one defense item on my madhouse run.

3. Before madhouse, do another play through on normal to get the defense bonus (which I really, really don't wanna do unless I have no other choice)

Any advice?  Thanks again

Edited by MaverickHunterX

13 minutes ago, MaverickHunterX said:

Hey all!

I followed a couple of different trophy guides, advising to do my RE7 play through like this

What I didn't know is that a Normal Mode playthrough is required for Secrets of Defense.

So, because I started on easy, I didn't get the secrets of defense. So far, I finished step 1.  This leaves me three options:

2. Do the speed run/3heals/3 item boxes on easy as the guide recommended, then, only have one defense item on my madhouse run.

3. Before madhouse, do another play through on normal to get the defense bonus (which I really, really don't wanna do unless I have no other choice)

Why do you need Secrets of Defense anyway? I got through Madhouse just fine with only the Essence of Defense. Anyway, I don't completely understand what you're asking so I apologise if I do not answer properly but I do recommend going for your speedrun on easy and run through Madhouse with one of the defense items. It's really easy, fun and you will get a lot of unlockables that will help you in Madhouse anyway.

Secrets of Defense are not at all needed for Madhouse, take it from somebody who did it himself. Hope this helps!

Edited by ddracarys

13 minutes ago, MaverickHunterX said:

Hey all!

The easy/normal antique coins aren't the same like madhouse mode
You need to play 2 times to get them all...
Do a speedrun / 3 item boxes on normal
I got all trophies in 3 playthrough's so...
You don't need secrets of defense for madhouse you have some weapons unlocked that will help you

Edited by lll