Spaz

So how is this game?

26 posts in this topic

I played Revelations back on the PS3 two years ago and found it a little meh. Mostly because I was burnt out from playing 26 hours of Brotherhood (Time Played shown on the Stats tab in game) but also because it feels in many ways, a copy of Brotherhood. Basically you go around renovating shops like the previous game, but the game never gave a clear reason why I had to renovate. There is also the story which has some prominent figures in the Ottoman Empire in the 1500s, but unlike Italy which I learned about early in school, I knew nothing of what eventually became modern Turkey.

 

Still, I didn't exactly play this game properly and ended up skipping ahead to a part of the story. I just know Ezio came over to grab keys to unlock something, and Revelations features a prominent role for Altair. But beyond that and the same controls, I don't know much else about it. You can play the first person perspective as Desmond in the levels for him on Animus Island, and there is some conversation and history with Subject Sixteen. Since Revelations is part of the Ezio Trilogy I will play it, and perhaps enjoy it a lot more than I did the previous time.

 

How is the game? I could tell of sorts that Revelations isn't quite as grand and excellent as Assassins Creed II and Brotherhood, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's serviceable. Then it branches off into odd tangents like a first person platforming DLC, tower defense minigames, and an end "boss" fight that's a QTE in the middle of a freefall. All the underpinnings that make the Ezio trilogy what it is are there though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game is ok if all you want is more Assassin's Creed, but it always felt like a remixed best of version to me instead of a proper new AC.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, damon8r351 said:

It's serviceable. Then it branches off into odd tangents like a first person platforming DLC, tower defense minigames, and an end "boss" fight that's a QTE in the middle of a freefall. All the underpinnings that make the Ezio trilogy what it is are there though.

 

I think I dabbled in the tower defense minigame, though I preferred the way Brotherhood had you taking out Borgia towers. I did the first level as Desmond on the PS3, was a nice change from the usual third person stealth/action fare but not something you want to be playing for too much.

 

Don't know about the boss since I didn't get that far into the game.

 

44 minutes ago, soniq said:

The game is ok if all you want is more Assassin's Creed, but it always felt like a remixed best of version to me instead of a proper new AC.

 

It simply takes what Brotherhood did and made cinematic cutscenes, slowdown on executing enemies and thrown Ezio in a new story and setting, which was probably needed at that point in the series. But I love Ezio, so I can't complain.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed Revelations a bit more than Brotherhood, bit less than II, I think it's less buggy than previous ones as well, Ezio seems to be doing exactly what I want more often. Great finish for his story and Altair's story. I played II, Brotherhood and this in a row and had better time than Unity or Syndicate to be honest. Last time I had this much fun with AC was Black Flag.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gengarbey said:

Aren't there any multiplayer trophies in ps4 version?

Nope. 😁

 

Just the Impress Warren Vidic trophy to give you nightmares.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is the multiplayer in the PS3 version?

 

I would like to get that done at some point before the inevitable server closure.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

How is the multiplayer in the PS3 version?

 

I would like to get that done at some point before the inevitable server closure.

 

Much easier than Brotherhood. Only need to get to Level 20. Only the dlc trophies really require boosting, simply because nobody is on those maps. I was able to get all the main game trophies without a boosting session, though that was a couple years ago so the servers could be even less active today. But kudos to Ubisoft, the servers are still open on a game that's 7-8 years old! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

 

Much easier than Brotherhood. Only need to get to Level 20. Only the dlc trophies really require boosting, simply because nobody is on those maps. I was able to get all the main game trophies without a boosting session, though that was a couple years ago so the servers could be even less active today. But kudos to Ubisoft, the servers are still open on a game that's 7-8 years old! 

 

Grand Theft Auto IV still has active servers, and that game is 10 years old now.

 

But for the most part it's mainly the popular games from the past generation that still have open servers. A lot of games from 2007 - 2010 no longer have online servers.

 

Killzone 2 and 3 are going to close at the end of this month. Bit of a shame, since I truly wanted to try out those games. But I'm not going to put myself through the torture of trying to get Valor Grand Cross.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this one is the best of the three.

 

Love them all (I’m a big AC fan anyways), but for me, the main factor in what makes a good AC game is the city you are in.

I find Constantinople to be the most interesting and well crafted city of the whole Ezio trilogy, and actually the second best setting in the entire series, beaten only by Paris from Unity.

 

Combine that with the addition of the hook blade for quicker, more satisfying traversal, a solid story and a less naive, more contemplative (yet somehow waaaay more brutal!) Ezio, and I think it makes for a fantastic send off for the character.

 

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Revelations is a good game although my least favorite of the Ezio Trilogy. Running and climbing around the city was cool but nothing new. Crafting bombs was helpful sometimes.

I did like that the game has many references to the first AC but Ezio is too old for the stunts he does i thought. I seem to be one of the few who liked the Platformer DLC. You need to play the DLC if you want to understand the story for Desmond and his friends, that felt weird...

Edited by Evil_Joker88
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Revelations was decent, and that the PS4 version of the game profited a lot from the beter graphics and viewing distance.

 

It's nowhere near my favourite AC game but it was a fine closure for Ezio and Altaïr.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I think this one is the best of the three.

 

Love them all (I’m a big AC fan anyways), but for me, the main factor in what makes a good AC game is the city you are in.

I find Constantinople to be the most interesting and well crafted city of the whole Ezio trilogy, and actually the second best setting in the entire series, beaten only by Paris from Unity.

 

Combine that with the addition of the hook blade for quicker, more satisfying traversal, a solid story and a less naive, more contemplative (yet somehow waaaay more brutal!) Ezio, and I think it makes for a fantastic send off for the character.

 

Also the bomb crafting system and the Den defenses were great, not to mention this game has one of the best opening cutscene and you can play as Altaïr. @Spaz You should definitely replay it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PhantomBlade19 said:

Also the bomb crafting system and the Den defenses were great, not to mention this game has one of the best opening cutscene and you can play as Altaïr. @Spaz You should definitely replay it.

 

Haha, I know, I had forgotten that intro movie, Ezio turned into a fucking terminator in his old age! Evey sucessive kill is more savage than the last! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23.3.2018 at 9:53 PM, Spaz said:

 

Grand Theft Auto IV still has active servers, and that game is 10 years old now.

To my knowledge the PS3 servers went down a few years ago when GameSpy shut down. The platinum was unobtainable for a while, but Rockstar patched the online matchmaking and instead of hosting games on a server it's working through peer-to-peer now, which means that the online should never ever go down on GTA IV for as long people are playing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very nice game. I really liked it. The game is a lot of fun for me.

I got goosebumps when Ezio meets the corpse of Altair in the altar room. I even had tears in my eyes because that moment was just wonderful. 

Edited by Benjiunkix
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be a stupid question but does the ezio collection need to be played in order?  Do the stories build off each other or are they all sort of stand alone and can be enjoyed in any order?  I haven't played any of them.  I have the collection and wondered if I could start anywhere in the series or if it's best to start with 2.  Not really sure I want to play 2 as it looks a bit dated even on the remaster and I'm hearing bad things about the dlc missions and collecting feathers or whatever and not sure I want to do that on a older buggier game.  might just play brotherhood or revelations or both and skip 2. any advice?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

This may be a stupid question but does the ezio collection need to be played in order?  Do the stories build off each other or are they all sort of stand alone and can be enjoyed in any order?  I haven't played any of them.  I have the collection and wondered if I could start anywhere in the series or if it's best to start with 2.  Not really sure I want to play 2 as it looks a bit dated even on the remaster and I'm hearing bad things about the dlc missions and collecting feathers or whatever and not sure I want to do that on a older buggier game.  might just play brotherhood or revelations or both and skip 2. any advice?

2,brotherhood and revelations play all games and enjoy them

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

This may be a stupid question but does the ezio collection need to be played in order?  Do the stories build off each other or are they all sort of stand alone and can be enjoyed in any order?  I haven't played any of them.  I have the collection and wondered if I could start anywhere in the series or if it's best to start with 2.  Not really sure I want to play 2 as it looks a bit dated even on the remaster and I'm hearing bad things about the dlc missions and collecting feathers or whatever and not sure I want to do that on a older buggier game.  might just play brotherhood or revelations or both and skip 2. any advice?

 

Play them in order, i really enjoyed the ezio story:) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

This may be a stupid question but does the ezio collection need to be played in order?  Do the stories build off each other or are they all sort of stand alone and can be enjoyed in any order?  I haven't played any of them.  I have the collection and wondered if I could start anywhere in the series or if it's best to start with 2.  Not really sure I want to play 2 as it looks a bit dated even on the remaster and I'm hearing bad things about the dlc missions and collecting feathers or whatever and not sure I want to do that on a older buggier game.  might just play brotherhood or revelations or both and skip 2. any advice?

 

Don't be put off by the naysayers on AC II, I just replayed it last year on PS4 and it still holds up. The trophies are easy to get. If you are worried about the feathers, don't grab any until the end and then just follow a YouTube guide and you won't miss any. 

II starts Ezio's story off but more importantly, really kicks the modern-day story in, and that holds strong through Bro and Revelations. 

AC II is the best introduction into the series and it's not difficult at all.  Enjoy. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My personal favorite Assassins Creed is still Brotherhood, mainly for two reasons, it was my first AC game and what drew me to the series, and I just love the Rome setting. But honestly, the Ezio Trilogy is the best IMO. Origins/Oddysey are right next to it however. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll give you someone's name. Jesper Kyd.

 

This man is the reason why I enjoyed the Ezio trilogy. He made very memorable music for both Assassins Creed 2 and Brotherhood.

 

Gameplay wise these games aren't as good anymore as opposed to Syndicate and Origins simply because the jumping mechanics aren't up to snuff. But the soundtracks for 2 and Brotherhood are definitely worth a listen.

 

It's sad to say the music in the later Assassins Creed games doesn't come anywhere close. It's still fairly okay but it's nothing outstanding.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Brotherhood is the best in the trilogy but having just finished this on ps4 i can safely say it is pretty awesome too. Not a big fan of the tower minigame but it can be ignored after the one time story forces you to do it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The visuals and mechanics of this game I love. 
-from the Newly introduced slow motion executions
-the hook blade

 And especially the visuals I thought this game was beautiful.


from what I’ve read from previous discussions in the forum.. yes the game is pretty much a remix of AC 2 and Brotherhood. 
I found I didn’t really care to listen to the story or read anything in the game. I instantly knew what had to be done in order to rank Up assassins... increase my income... and control territories.

Im currently working on this for platinum.. just have to push through it until the end. Got the hard 100% trophy out of the way and 7 master assassins.. now the clean up. 
 

overall not disappointed in this game. I knew what I was getting into then when it was first released.. and now with the remastered version. 

 

RandyXL.png

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.