So how is this game?

AJ_Radio

I can take or leave Revelations but it was my first AC game, and at least it has Ezio. It did kind of got me interested in Constantinople and the history of Turkey, but it feels a little forced compared to Brotherhood. I also didn’t like the fact you couldn’t ride horses anymore and had to run everywhere. 

• 6 months later...

I'm playing through this one now, and it's even better than I remembered. I'm going for the plat, so I need to play a bit more thoughtfully than I did back on PS3. And it's really satisfying. It's also more streamlined than Brotherhood (which I also enjoyed, but it already feels dated compared to Revelations). The 100% sync requirements aren't too strict, which means less tedious replaying of entire missions.

That said, it is an odd little game. From a gameplay concept standpoint, the Desmond sequences make absolutely no sense to me. And too much of Revelations is a shameless re-skin of Brotherhood. The Romani faction, for instance. But it's still a lot of fun, and I'm genuinely going to miss the trilogy when I'm finally done with it. Which is probably why I've just bought Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered, which I'll be playing next. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 0:11 PM, TheArcadeKid said:

I'm playing through this one now, and it's even better than I remembered. I'm going for the plat, so I need to play a bit more thoughtfully than I did back on PS3. And it's really satisfying. It's also more streamlined than Brotherhood (which I also enjoyed, but it already feels dated compared to Revelations). The 100% sync requirements aren't too strict, which means less tedious replaying of entire missions.

That said, it is an odd little game. From a gameplay concept standpoint, the Desmond sequences make absolutely no sense to me. And too much of Revelations is a shameless re-skin of Brotherhood. The Romani faction, for instance. But it's still a lot of fun, and I'm genuinely going to miss the trilogy when I'm finally done with it. Which is probably why I've just bought Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered, which I'll be playing next. 

What I find interesting is about half of the trophies for the original PS3 version have nothing to do with the main single player game. 20 of the 70 trophies are multiplayer, about 15 trophies involve the first person platforming segments. 10 are from the Lost Archive DLC, 5 are basically Desmond Miles Sequences. 

Some of the 100 sync requirements are still annoying. One of the Masyaf keys is doing an entire section of parkour then fighting against some Byzantine templars, you can’t take damage at all. Sequence 7, Memory 4 is particularly annoying as being possibly the most difficult, waves of enemies and you can’t take a single hit. 

Assassins Creed 3 will have worse 100 sync requirements, and you have to literally do everything for the Completionist trophy. Have fun with that Giant and the Storm mission, because you’re probably going to take multiple attempts to finish it.  

• 5 months later...

First off all I really love the character they have created with ezio. Never had such a nice character development in game like him before.  I recently finished the ps4 ezio collection and i have to say the more open world Ubisoft goes, the more I got bored more easily. Revelation was especially tedious at the end. Good that there are some OoB glitches for this first person junk. 
I love open world games but AC kind of lost me with revelations. Still got the platinum for ac3 and this game is, from a Platin perspective, even more worse. 

now I don’t even feel like starting ac4 onwards. Probably because of more tedious open world junk and not to forget, the online part. xD