Crash Bandicoot trilogy might be heading to Xbox One?

jg91335

8 minutes ago, jg91335 said:

What do you think about the whole rumor that the Crash Trilogy is a timed-exclusive and it might eventually end up heading to the Xbox One?

That'd be stupid. It began as PSOne exclusive, and should remain with Sony. This doesn't need to be like Rise of Tomb Raider in reverse. If Xbox users want the game so much, they're free to switch over. Crash would more than likely mean more to those of us who grew playing it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

That'd be stupid. It began as PSOne exclusive, and should remain with Sony.

They put Cloud in Smash Bros. iirc, Cloud's FF game was the very first to debut on a platform other than Nintendo. What I'm saying is as long as it's popular, then I don't see why the Crash trilogy can't be on Xbox.

Also, Crash hasn't "remained with Sony". Maybe he began with Sony, but Crash had the misfortune of being was bought out by Activision and he went multi platform from there.

27 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

This doesn't need to be like Rise of Tomb Raider in reverse. If Xbox users want the game so much, they're free to switch over.

I agree. If anything, timed exclusive games shouldn't exist in the first place. "Play it first on PlayStation/Xbox" doesn't convince me to go get it on the other platform if I know it's coming to the one I currently own. That's exactly how Rise of the Tomb Raider played out for me. If Xbox users want the game so much then yes: they are free to switch. After all, I think the PS4 has plenty of other exclusive games that could make the experience more enjoyable for Xbox users alongside Crash.

38 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Crash would more than likely mean more to those of us who grew playing it.

I don't follow how exclusivity would be beneficial to Crash fans. Could you please elaborate?

I honestly think its a good thing as its been such a long time since the ps1 era that not every crash bandicoot fan stayed with PlayStation :) also the higher the sale numbers the more chance of getting a follow on or more remasters of crash bandicoot in the future :)

If this is going everywhere, Sony has eaten some humble pie for us. They've bankrolled this happening & the only reason it would go everywhere is because that's the only way Activision would agree to it. 

It's all speculation of course but it's sounding like Sony took one for the team & everyone's going to enjoy a great series. I have no problem with that, it's not a massive system seller anyway. 

eh kinda disappointing because Crash was on the Playstation. Not to mention the Skylanders Imaginators Crash editions were only for PS3 and PS4.. not for Microsoft or Nintendo so why stop that now? lol. But I don't care for Crash that much as I care for some other exclusives so I mean if Microsoft gets this game too, good for them.

Edited by DuckSwimmer

It's already been told that it's a Time-Limited fexclusive so it will probably be even on PC in 2018.

Knowing Activision and all the stuff it does i'm surprised it won't arrive even on Switch honestly...

What to say? Well Who cares? I want to play it and do that on Ps4 that's what amtter, it's sad but that's how to think nowadays, Besides Naughty Dog and Sony Games itselfs there aren't anu exclusive games by the other SH on Playstation....

Crash *represented* Playstation for a period of time for a lot of people. While that was a long time ago and many people here were likely not even alive to see those commercials, it was definitely a thing.

It does make sense now since the coding is similar between the PS4 and XBone to release on both systems, but I just don't see it happening. Stubbornness is a powerful thing in humans. They resist change at every turn. Short of money convince them to release Crash on Xbox, I don't see them using the altruistic "We want everyone to experience Crash" motivation.

Activision will do whatever makes financial sense, but they do consider the fact that a franchise like Crash is rooted in Playstation and are very aware they could be sacrificing future sales if they irritate too many "MINE! MINE! MINE!"-type people. Whether the increase of sales from Xbox can offset that would be an interesting measurement.

2 hours ago, Arkthur said:

Good, I hope it sells well so we can get another Crash later on.

Basically this. Putting Crash on more platforms means the game will sell more copies which ultimately increases the chances of us getting more Crash. I want more platformers so if getting more Crash means the N'Sanity trilogy has to go multiplatform then so be it. 

I know a lot of people like to think of Crash as a exclusive Sony IP, but at the end of the day Sony never owned the franchise. Ultimately we should be thankful we are getting these remakes. If someone were to ask me 2 or 3 years ago if Crash was ever going to come back I would have said never in a million years but here we are. 

Hopefully we see more Platformers come out this generation. With Yooke Layle coming in April, Crash in June, and Knack 2 sometimes this year there are are a decent amount of platformers coming out. Hopefully these games sell well enough so we can get even more.

Edited by ratchetdude231
  • Like 1