HARDCORE???

Yuichiro-Akuhei

this game is now like 5 month old on psn, only 2 people got the plat... why is this so hard? do you have to be a racing god or something to finish this game?

or is the IA just unbelievable unfair? or are the times like millisecond obtainable in races? I'm curious. 

Edited by Yuichiro-Akuhei

• 2 weeks later...

It's DAMN hard man. There are races where the AI is using cars that are 10 secs faster per minute on you. The only way to really win is to crash them and hope they get stuck somewhere. It is possible though. I have about 2 hardcore hotlaps to do now ............ of course I never tried drifting yet.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2017 at 5:15 PM, cjshaitan said:

You are lucky, the couple of guys I know doing it find it really tough, and thats with a top line racing wheel and some godlike racing abilities. 

If you've played Gran Turismo you get used to difficult handling, I just found every car in Asseto Corsa has an inssssaaane amount of understeer. :P

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

If you've played Gran Turismo you get used to difficult handling, I just found every car in Asseto Corsa has an inssssaaane amount of understeer. :P

Thanks for tip will need all the help I can get. ?

Will be a great plat to have when you finish it off, Goodluck 

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 3

On 5 April 2017 at 3:31 AM, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

If you don't have a wheel to play with this game is hard. For me it's pretty easy because Iv'e played hundreds. of racing games.

Have you even tried the special events? Looking at your profile it seems you've only got the 7 easiest trophies lol. Special events is a completely new ball game from what I've seen.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Have you even tried the special events? Looking at your profile it seems you've only got the 7 easiest trophies lol. Special events is a completely new ball game from what I've seen.

I play on Asseto Corsa on PC mainly. (With DS4 Controller)

Edited by PaperMonkeyBoy

On 4/14/2017 at 0:17 AM, cjshaitan said:

Thanks for tip will need all the help I can get. 1f61e.png

Will be a great plat to have when you finish it off, Goodluck 

Alright, if you want tips, i'd recommend instead of just going on the track and racing, tweaking the suspension settings so your car is a lot stiffer, more camber increases understeer so I run about -2 to -4 on each tire, it depends on what you like, I brake about 500-600FT before a corner because the brakes on this game act like handbrakes, for drifting, just fishtail the car around a little before a corner to throw it into a slide because the drifting in this game is like trying to get a ant to lift a monstertruck. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

Alright, if you want tips, i'd recommend instead of just going on the track and racing, tweaking the suspension settings so your car is a lot stiffer, more camber increases understeer so I run about -2 to -4 on each tire, it depends on what you like, I brake about 500-600FT before a corner because the brakes on this game act like handbrakes, for drifting, just fishtail the car around a little before a corner to throw it into a slide because the drifting in this game is like trying to get a ant to lift a monstertruck. 

Nice, will give it a try. I'm using the G29 wheel and haven't played with the car setup yet but will need to.

10 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

I disagree.

I found GT games quite easy (6 being the easiest) and they were a cake walk compared to this. 

I am by no means a racing game god, but I consider myself advanced (on all F1 games I can beat the AI on Legend with a pad) and I am finding this game incredibly tough.

I am going to give it a go on a wheel shortly as I plan on purchasing one, but on the pad this game is near impossible and my hat goes off to anyone who can plat it.

But I don't see how anyone can call this game easy. Even for advanced racers who are highly skilled it would be challenging to say the least.

EDIT: Also, you haven't achieved ANY of the hard trophies yet so I am wondering how many of the hard events you have actually done. And you said you race on PC a lot more than PS4 which I would imagine would be easier based on some of the youtube vids I have watched.

I may just be bad at GT6 because I just drift a lot on it, but if you're buying a wheel, I'd buy the G27 Logitiec. Asseto Corsa is easy if you've driving a real car before, and played racing games before, common knowledge on cars also helps with the tuning.

OK so I bought a g29 wheel. 

And wow it does make this game easier. After about 1 hour practise I got the Gold medal on German fury. Something I put heaps of time in to on the pad and could only be 1.6 secs off the pace at best. 

After giving up on this plat I think its back on now. =) 

Edited by adam1984123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lars said:

Do i really need that logitech, or is any steering wheel good enough? Because i wanted to buy a thrustmaster t80

I don't know what wheels are good and what isn't. My early impression is the g29 is great. I would say that any wheel would help on this game vs a pad though. 

Edited by adam1984123
Typo

50 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

I don't know what wheels are food and what isn't. My early impression is the g29 is great. I would say that any wheel would help on this game vs a pad though. 

None of them are food?.

But there is a big price difference so there will be some quality difference as well, t80 costs €80, while the logitech €250. There has to be a difference, if someone can tell me, feel free

31 minutes ago, Lars said:

None of them are food1f609.png.

But there is a big price difference so there will be some quality difference as well, t80 costs €80, while the logitech €250. There has to be a difference, if someone can tell me, feel free

lol good typo from me. :)

Having a quick look; G29 is leather wheel and metal pedals where as the T80 is rubber and plastic. G29 has gear change indicator LED lights where the T80 has nothing. G29 has superior force feedback.

In terms of performance, the reviews I checked say they are similar. The G29 is just more top end with features that is all. Both will do the job. I suppose it depends how hardcore you are with sim racing and what your future plans are in terms of games you are purchasing and how much enjoyment you will get out of it.

5 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

lol good typo from me. :)

Having a quick look; G29 is leather wheel and metal pedals where as the T80 is rubber and plastic. G29 has gear change indicator LED lights where the T80 has nothing. G29 has superior force feedback.

In terms of performance, the reviews I checked say they are similar. The G29 is just more top end with features that is all. Both will do the job. I suppose it depends how hardcore you are with sim racing and what your future plans are in terms of games you are purchasing and how much enjoyment you will get out of it.

I am a big racing fan, but i still use automatic gears.

I maybe buy one tier better wheel but i don't want to spend more then 150. 

I'm wanting to buy a G29 for some time now because of Asseto Corsa, GTR and Dirt 4 and other racing games, my favorite genre by far.

The problem is, my G27 broke in a strange way, I literally crashed in game and my wheel broke for real*, and the support here is Brazil in non-existent and for all I can see, the G29 is only a G27 with some minor upgrades and a stripped stick shift (which I don't use, I'm a paddle shift kind of guy, I get to much traffic in my daily life to stick shift in my games too). 

Do you guys think that the G29 is a good alternative or should I buy a higher end Thrustmaster, money being not a issue if the higher quality shows?

*3AM, playing Gran Turismo 6, Bathrust, Audi R18, I'm in the middle of the esses, I hit a slower car with my rear-end sending me into a fast spin, I counter steered to no avail and hit the wall hard. The wheel got stuck all to the left, using all the feedback force to maintain it in that position, when I steered to the right, it would pull to the left again when I release the wheel. I turned off the console, I would not calibrate anymore, don't send any inputs on the wheel (buttons where fine) and the wheel would be completely limp.