HARDCORE???

Yuichiro-Akuhei

13 minutes ago, Lars said:

I am a big racing fan, but i still use automatic gears.

I maybe buy one tier better wheel but i don't want to spend more then 150. 

Personally I would advise you to wait and save, you are paying for the rotation and force feed back in a superior wheel. You will notice it between the more basic models. G29 has a better pedal set than Thrustmaster but has slightly less rotation. Force feedback between both is very good so it's really a personal choice. For the price you would be investing I would recommend asking them to let you try both and go from there. Also consider you will probably need a racing frame of some sort for ease of use and storage. If you are using automatic gears then don't worry about a shifter, you will get use to using the paddles in the wheel and I am sure you will be a manual convert in no time ?

Its worth the investment if you  like your racing, you defitniely won't regret.

Disclaimer : I chose the G29 but a mate went Thrustmaster and is very happy too.

Edited by cjshaitan

3 minutes ago, ElBolovo said:

I'm wanting to buy a G29 for some time now because of Asseto Corsa, GTR and Dirt 4 and other racing games, my favorite genre by far.

The problem is, my G27 broke in a strange way, I literally crashed in game and my wheel broke for real*, and the support here is Brazil in non-existent and for all I can see, the G29 is only a G27 with some minor upgrades and a stripped stick shift (which I don't use, I'm a paddle shift kind of guy, I get to much traffic in my daily life to stick shift in my games too). 

Do you guys think that the G29 is a good alternative or should I buy a higher end Thrustmaster, money being not a issue if the higher quality shows?

*3AM, playing Gran Turismo 6, Bathrust, Audi R18, I'm in the middle of the esses, I hit a slower car with my rear-end sending me into a fast spin, I counter steered to no avail and hit the wall hard. The wheel got stuck all to the left, using all the feedback force to maintain it in that position, when I steered to the right, it would pull to the left again when I release the wheel. I turned off the console, I would not calibrate anymore, don't send any inputs on the wheel (buttons where fine) and the wheel would be completely limp. 

I've got the G29 myself. It's a good enough wheel, and certainly a step up from the Driving Force GT which I had previously. Problem is it broke on me twice within my first year, both the same issue. All of a sudden the wheel stops working and just calibrates for eternity. I didn't really use it as much as some other people tend to, and I certainly don't abuse it when I do so it's a bit of a worry. Other people online had this problem too, and there doesn't seem to be a fix. Luckily it was still under warranty so I could replace it both times, but I'm not sure whether I'm just unlucky or if there's a serious mass problem. That being said, the Thrustmasters may have issues too (I don't know myself), but I'd personally go for the t300rs if I was buying a new wheel and money wasn't the issue (only reason I went for g29 in the first place was that it was a couple hundred bucks cheaper than the t300rs).

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

It's on PS Plus now. I don't play games in which to get a plat you have to buy additional equipment. So I think I'll pass on this one. Has anyone completed the game with a controller by the way? It seems Assetto Corsa is a pretender to be one of the hardest racing games.

Edited by The-Smiths-85
Grammar.

23 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

I know of some people who did it with a controller but I'd say it is way harder. But make no mistake even with a very good wheel 99% of the players will not achieve this platinum. That being sad I have played and platinumed many difficult racing-games but to me Assetto Corsa is easily the hardest. I have played around 100 hours and I'm not even halfway through the challenges but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel :D This game is among the 25 hardest platinums ever if you ask me and surely the hardest racer in terms of skill out there. GT feels easy compared to this. 

Thanks for the answer. From what I've seen it's on PS Plus in Middle East, right? We have Greedfall.

On 5.1.2021 at 0:07 PM, OBSTINATIO said:

I know of some people who did it with a controller but I'd say it is way harder. But make no mistake even with a very good wheel 99% of the players will not achieve this platinum. That being sad I have played and platinumed many difficult racing-games but to me Assetto Corsa is easily the hardest. I have played around 100 hours and I'm not even halfway through the challenges but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel :D This game is among the 25 hardest platinums ever if you ask me and surely the hardest racer in terms of skill out there. GT feels easy compared to this. 

Agree. Assetto Corsa has to be the hardest racing game to plat imo. I’ve done 15/35 hotlaps so far (still a long way) and these are already the hardest stuff I’ve done in any racing game. Really struggling atm but haven’t given up. Good luck if you’re going for the plat!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Don_carlito94 said:

Agree. Assetto Corsa has to be the hardest racing game to plat imo. I’ve done 15/35 hotlaps so far (still a long way) and these are already the hardest stuff I’ve done in any racing game. Really struggling atm but haven’t given up. Good luck if you’re going for the plat!

I'am slowly getting there and luckily the difficulty varies quite a bit in both directions in some of the hotlaps. I did start the Ultimate Edition though having quite a few extra events also required for the trophies making the platinum even more time-consuming and difficult (didn't know before I started that DLC content is required for the base-game trophies). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

I'am slowly getting there and luckily the difficulty varies quite a bit in both directions in some of the hotlaps. I did start the Ultimate Edition though having quite a few extra events also required for the trophies making the platinum even more time-consuming and difficult (didn't know before I started that DLC content is required for the base-game trophies). 

Really? Guess you have a few more special events then, glad I went with the normal version - game is hard enough. Do you have to do everything from the dlc though?

Yes the difficulty of each hot lap varies some of them are easy but the majority imo are tough and a few of them are insane especially some of the Silverstone GP, Imola and Nordschleife (what I’ve experienced and completed so far). 

15 hours ago, Don_carlito94 said:

Do you have to do everything from the dlc though?

Apparently "yes". I don't have the trophy myself yet but thats what I read multiple times. That being said only 7 or 8 people have the platinum and all informations are kind of unverified. I'am almost done with the time attacks and drifts so I might can confirm this soon myself. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 05/04/2017 at 5:31 AM, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

If you don't have a wheel to play with this game is hard. For me it's pretty easy because Iv'e played hundreds. of racing games.

I must disagree. With good gamepad and car settings you can succeed with this game also. Ok, it takes some time to get use to the controls but then it's pretty enjoyable. I love racing games and I have not find a single game that I have problems with gamepad. Not even one. My opinion is only based for single playing with this. 

Edited by antero-80

14 minutes ago, antero-80 said:

I must disagree. With good gamepad and car settings you can succeed with this game also. Ok, it takes some time to get use to the controls but then it's pretty injoyable. I love racing games and I have not find a single game that I have problems with gamepad. Not even one. 

You'll start to disagree with gamepad when you try golds in Senna GT6, Vettel X GT5 and the special events in AC.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/07/2021 at 9:35 AM, totallycrushed said:

You'll start to disagree with gamepad when you try golds in Senna GT6, Vettel X GT5 and the special events in AC.

I got gold on all these except for the AC special events, but i didnt try. If they are like the Vettel GT5 i can do it for sure, but it will be a nightmare

• 5 weeks later...
On 07/07/2021 at 3:35 PM, totallycrushed said:

Ok. Haven't tried those yet. I could be wrong tho. In the other hand I don't mind if those doesn't suit for driving with controller. It's not the end of the world. 

By the way, do you need those couple of events that must be bought  sepearatly to have those event trophies or is it enough that you complete the others?? 

On 15/08/2021 at 2:30 PM, antero-80 said:

By the way, do you need those couple of events that must be bought  sepearatly to have those event trophies or is it enough that you complete the others?? 

If you have the regular version then any event with a download icon isn't required for the trophies. The ultimate edition is the same just the icons aren't there. I have both the regular & ultimate edition so I can see what event I will need to do again after one version is done.

Edited by Destructor-8

5 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

If you have the regular version then any event with a download icon isn't required for the trophies. The ultimate edition is the same just the icons aren't there. I have both the regular & ultimate edition so I can see what event I will need to do again after one version is done.

Thank you for clear answer. That information helped me alot. I don't see a reason to buy those extra events so it's good that trophies pop up without those. ?

• 10 months later...
57 minutes ago, MegaMegu__ said:

I never played a racing simulator, but I bought this game because it was dirty cheap. 

Any chance for a guy with zero experience complete this game with gamepad?

Short answer no

Long answer nooooooooooooo

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/6/2022 at 1:46 PM, MegaMegu__ said:

I never played a racing simulator, but I bought this game because it was dirty cheap. 

I would not recommend it if you are inexperienced

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2022 at 7:46 AM, Satsuki-sama said:

I think you'd be surprised to hear how many players completed Assetto Corsa with little to no racing sim experience and a gamepad.

There are tons of great tuning setups you can find on YouTube that help make some of the game's hardest hotlaps totally manageable without a wheel. Experiment with these setups before, and during, each hotlap (I usually just replicated someone else's setup 1:1 since I have little tuning experience) and keep a mental note that moving the analog stick all the way to the left or right will actually steer your car less sharply than if you were to slightly move the stick in the same direction.

If you have the patience to research tuning setups before each hotlap event, learn how to drive a manual (if you haven't already), and are willing to grind certain tracks for hours to shave fractions of a second off your time, then you'll inevitably earn this game's platinum trophy with enough practice. I know this post is a couple months old at this point, but, if you've been thinking about starting Assetto Corsa and still feel intimidated, don't be. It'll be challenging, but you can do this.      

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 25-8-2022 at 2:05 PM, ExistentialSolid said:

... and keep a mental note that moving the analog stick all the way to the left or right will actually steer your car less sharply than if you were to slightly move the stick in the same direction....

This is a comment that everyone who wants to tackle this game needs to read. Most people will be used to full lock into a corner and using throttle or brake to make it round. Doing that in a sim like AC introduces a huge amount of understeer. That means you're steering too much, causing the front wheels to lose grip and start sliding.

After adjusting my inputs to some values that I found online it has been quite manageable with a DS4 up to now. Some cars are still hard to control, but overall it feels fair. With that I mean that if I mess up, I know why it happened and how to prevent it next time.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/23/2022 at 9:11 AM, pinkrobot_pb said:

This is a comment that everyone who wants to tackle this game needs to read. Most people will be used to full lock into a corner and using throttle or brake to make it round. Doing that in a sim like AC introduces a huge amount of understeer. That means you're steering too much, causing the front wheels to lose grip and start sliding.

After adjusting my inputs to some values that I found online it has been quite manageable with a DS4 up to now. Some cars are still hard to control, but overall it feels fair. With that I mean that if I mess up, I know why it happened and how to prevent it next time.

Absolutely! The best example of this is open to you as soon as you start the game - the hotlap in the drift BMW. Throwing full lock on for each corner gave me so much understeer that my first clean laps were 6+ seconds off the gold time. Once I fiddled with the controller settings and got the hang of fine steering inputs I had the gold in a couple of hours.

Gran Turismo is my 'home' racing game, and I have come to realise just how good a job they do in making it accessible out of the box for controller users.

• Like 1