AJ_Radio

*sigh* More frustrating 100 percent sync requirements

18 posts in this topic

So I've been playing Revelations to wrap up the Ezio trilogy and was enjoying it somewhat (not as good as Brotherhood or II) until the third chapter. This is basically a rant with no other purpose than for me to say there's more frustrating memories with 100 percent sync requirements. The truth is most of them aren't that bad, but when I got to the first key it's basically a 15 - 20 minute area with no less than 30 - 40 guards all in all.

So I was doing pretty well until I get to the third captain. I throw a cherry bomb, thinking the noise will distract the guards and leave their posts to investigate where the bomb hit. Not too bad right? Only the captain decided to send a guard out to exactly where I was hiding. A good 20 minutes into the memory (I hesitated at a couple platform sections) and I fail the optional requirement because somebody spotted me. Now I'm thinking the best way to really do this mission is to make use of the bombs. Problem is, the variety was just too much. Three, four, five, ten different bombs (one option only) would of been fine. Instead, Ubisoft decided to have us make the shell, the 'special' ingredient, and the gunpowder. So a cherry bomb can have as many as three - four different effects. There's a bunch of other bombs including skunk bombs, trip wires that guards can walk over, and the standard smoke bombs most Assassins Creed fans are familiar with. I guess Ubisoft dropped this concept, because when I played III and Black Flag there were no custom bombs to be made. So the no detect memories just got a bit harder.

And like I normally do when I'm well into a mission or sequence, if I fail something I rage for a bit.

Then I played the first memory of Altair, and with no forewarning I immediately fail the optional objective, because the game had failed to tell me what it was ahead of time. So already I'm having to replay two memories, one of which is already a big pain in the ass and the other one not being so bad. I hope this doesn't set the theme for the rest of the game.

Just found out there's more of these 'crap' sections, particularly in Sequence 7.

Might just skip this and get Far Cry Primal done first, then go back and replay the memories I need left after I do everything else.

Awesome I seem to have run into the bank money glitch which was also present in the PS3 version.

On 2017-02-28 at 4:28 PM, Spaz said:

Awesome I seem to have run into the bank money glitch which was also present in the PS3 version.

If you are having trouble simply follow a video guide. 

What money glitch are you talking about?

Bank deposits don't always deposit after 20 minutes, even if I'm running around in free roam.

100% sync is pretty dumb idea to begin with.  They should just let players play it the way they want to, free roam mode. 

They're pretty tough when you see it for the first time, my advice is don't bother trying to 100% them first time. Come back to it later when you have all the weapons and then you can just snipe/poison the captains from above without any difficulty.

8 hours ago, Steveg922 said:

They're pretty tough when you see it for the first time, my advice is don't bother trying to 100% them first time. Come back to it later when you have all the weapons and then you can just snipe/poison the captains from above without any difficulty.

It's pretty much next to impossible getting 100 percent sync in the first Romulus Lair because you have to finish in under 8 minutes. You have to know the area beforehand. It's basically extremely difficult to beat it in under the time limit for a first time player.

On 4/20/2017 at 10:34 AM, DARKB1KE said:

100% sync is pretty dumb idea to begin with.  They should just let players play it the way they want to, free roam mode. 

You can play it how you want to. The sync requirements are optional. Like in HItman, you have the option to go through each mission, no holds barred, killing everyone you like and leaving the dead bodies everywhere. But that takes away from your score. And the score requirements for trophies in that game are much more brutal than any sync requirement in this game. Yes, there are some missions you'll have to play over again. But more often than not, you can get the optional objective on your first try. In Hitman, you have to know the level inside and out, playing it tons and tons of times to constantly rack up a better score. So if you want to go through this game without using a single bomb, you do have that option. And you'll be able to beat the game fine. The optional objectives are just an extra challenge for people who want to 100% the game or get the Plat. It's far from a requirement for just enjoying the game as you see fit.

On 4/21/2017 at 6:34 PM, raulbalarezo said:

C'mon 100% sync is not that bad in this game... i did 100% on ps3 two years ago and the only problem i had was with those missions when you cant get hit, still easy after a few tries, i was planning on buying ezio collection on ps4 but everyone keep complaining about how difficult it is to get 100% sync, im starting to think ubi increased the difficulty in the remaster, btw if you are having touble check a videoguide some of them are helpful... tbh i find AC3 to be more difficult to plat because you need to complete 100% in the whole game

I agree with you on AC3. That game is insane. And I really shot myself in the foot because I waited to do the ship missions last. So I fully upgraded my ship thinking that would make it easier. Yeah, the enemy ships went down in a few hits, but only hitting a ship to reveal it's weak spot was next to impossible. Took more than 30 tries and a serious amount of luck to get those optional objectives.

100% sync wasn't too bad. I did have more trouble with these than ACB. ACB just a had lot more to do. Guess we can call ourselves luck they never added 100% everything into the DLC like they did with ACB.

Always hated the don't lose any health ones in Cappadocia, especially after all the parkour before hand.

On 2/28/2017 at 7:09 AM, Spaz said:

So I've been playing Revelations to wrap up the Ezio trilogy and was enjoying it somewhat (not as good as Brotherhood or II) until the third chapter. This is basically a rant with no other purpose than for me to say there's more frustrating memories with 100 percent sync requirements. The truth is most of them aren't that bad, but when I got to the first key it's basically a 15 - 20 minute area with no less than 30 - 40 guards all in all.

So I was doing pretty well until I get to the third captain. I throw a cherry bomb, thinking the noise will distract the guards and leave their posts to investigate where the bomb hit. Not too bad right? Only the captain decided to send a guard out to exactly where I was hiding. A good 20 minutes into the memory (I hesitated at a couple platform sections) and I fail the optional requirement because somebody spotted me. Now I'm thinking the best way to really do this mission is to make use of the bombs. Problem is, the variety was just too much. Three, four, five, ten different bombs (one option only) would of been fine. Instead, Ubisoft decided to have us make the shell, the 'special' ingredient, and the gunpowder. So a cherry bomb can have as many as three - four different effects. There's a bunch of other bombs including skunk bombs, trip wires that guards can walk over, and the standard smoke bombs most Assassins Creed fans are familiar with. I guess Ubisoft dropped this concept, because when I played III and Black Flag there were no custom bombs to be made. So the no detect memories just got a bit harder.

And like I normally do when I'm well into a mission or sequence, if I fail something I rage for a bit.

Then I played the first memory of Altair, and with no forewarning I immediately fail the optional objective, because the game had failed to tell me what it was ahead of time. So already I'm having to replay two memories, one of which is already a big pain in the ass and the other one not being so bad. I hope this doesn't set the theme for the rest of the game.

if its the part i think it is what ur gunna want to do is look for theives on the roof tops and hire them and send them to distract the guards while u do ur thing unseen they cause the guards to run off and in my experience they get all the guards after them but be quick the game says remain undetected it dosnt do so well tellling u u can just let ur buddies do the action lol while u walk in unseen

i tried the bomps etc no luck and said what the hell try theives 

46 minutes ago, IKillYouDude9 said:

After doing 100% sync in ACB, Revelations 100% sync was pretty easy

True. There was one mission in Revelations that was pretty tough to 100% sync. It was the one in Cappadocia where you can't lose any health and you have to kill around 20 - 30 guys before you go and blow up some supplies I believe. Took several tries.

Ive just gotten the 100% trophy myself it really wasnt too bad with a bit of patience. That cappadocia one everyone is mentioning is the only one that gave me a real struggle. I ended up cheesing the hell out of it with poison darts bombs and the gun.

Just got some main game cleanup and then the dlc then this plat is mine 😀

On 2017-05-24 at 11:47 PM, Kingdom Keeper said:

You can play it how you want to. The sync requirements are optional. Like in HItman, you have the option to go through each mission, no holds barred, killing everyone you like and leaving the dead bodies everywhere. But that takes away from your score. And the score requirements for trophies in that game are much more brutal than any sync requirement in this game. Yes, there are some missions you'll have to play over again. But more often than not, you can get the optional objective on your first try. In Hitman, you have to know the level inside and out, playing it tons and tons of times to constantly rack up a better score. So if you want to go through this game without using a single bomb, you do have that option. And you'll be able to beat the game fine. The optional objectives are just an extra challenge for people who want to 100% the game or get the Plat. It's far from a requirement for just enjoying the game as you see fit.

I agree with you on AC3. That game is insane. And I really shot myself in the foot because I waited to do the ship missions last. So I fully upgraded my ship thinking that would make it easier. Yeah, the enemy ships went down in a few hits, but only hitting a ship to reveal it's weak spot was next to impossible. Took more than 30 tries and a serious amount of luck to get those optional objectives.

No you can't. Not unless you want the plat trophy, you must do all requirements.

Gotta say, the 100% sync requirements for the memories in Revelations were a lot easier than AC Brotherhood. Note that during your first playthrough of a memory you can exit the game at checkpoints and upload your save to the cloud or USB if you are going for low or no damage and other more difficult 100% requirements, which can save you a lot of time compared to restarting the memory from scratch or replaying it from the DNA menu (where you cannot save checkpoints).

All in all I found Revelations to be much less annoying to get 100% memory sync, plus the trophy doesn’t require you to get anywhere near as much 100% stuff as Brotherhood did, so that’s a bonus.