Save Reset (Stay away from Sniper Elite 4)

Youcata

Apparently there is a bug going around that can happen anytime, with no apparent way to fix it, where your game just resets without warning (including campaign progress, unlocks and collectibles). Was half way through the collectibles, lost an entire morning for that and now everything is gone.

Is there a way to cancel the season pass on the store and get my money back? since i am definitely not going to touch this game anymore.

This feature allows you to enable automatic uploading of saved data to online storage. Select icon_settings.png (Settings) > [Application Saved Data Management] > [Auto-Upload], and then select the checkbox for each game with saved data you want to upload. When saved data is updated, it is automatically saved to the PlayStation™Network server at the time you log out, such as when the system enters rest mode or turns off.
To use this feature, you must be a PlayStation®Plus subscriber.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/data_upload.html

If you haven't already, it would be a good idea to contact the developer about that, that's a serious issue that needs fixing

20 minutes ago, Youcata said:

Apparently there is a bug going around that can happen anytime, with no apparent way to fix it, where your game just resets without warning (including campaign progress, unlocks and collectibles). Was half way through the collectibles, lost an entire morning for that and now everything is gone.

Is there a way to cancel the season pass on the store and get my money back? since i am definitely not going to touch this game anymore.

it happened to me after i got the platinum thankfully but now it's making the DLC impossible to complete... every time i complete the Fuhrer mission it goes back to the brightness and border adjust screen and any challenges i completed dont show up nor collectibles... so impossible for me to 100% right now... tis a sack of bull shit

44 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Did you not upload your save to the cloud at all for backup?

You can also give the PS4 blanket permission to upload your saves to the cloud automatically. I always keep it turned on, just in case. @Youcata you might also have it turned on, see if you've got any saves available. 

46 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

There are no refunds on the ps store as far as I recall

This is generally correct, but the Ts & Cs in Europe also say that you can get a refund provided you have not downloaded the product (I think it's an EU Consumer Rights legislation thing). As the Season Pass hasn't actually been downloaded yet (assuming there hasn't been any of the SP DLC released) @Youcata might have some success? It's worth a call to Sony, especially if he can find the relevant part in the Ts & Cs.

35 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

This is generally correct, but the Ts & Cs in Europe also say that you can get a refund provided you have not downloaded the product (I think it's an EU Consumer Rights legislation thing). As the Season Pass hasn't actually been downloaded yet (assuming there hasn't been any of the SP DLC released) @Youcata might have some success? It's worth a call to Sony, especially if he can find the relevant part in the Ts & Cs.

I gave Sony a call when I wrongly received the Assassin's Creed 4 DLC instead of the full game. I called Sony, and they were able to give me a refund as I was within 2 weeks of purchase and I hadn't earned any trophies in the game (this was on PS4, I pretty much had the platinum for the PS3 version). The representative I was talking to says that is how they check if a refund is possible.

Just now, evilartifact said:

I gave Sony a call when I wrongly received the Assassin's Creed 4 DLC instead of the full game. I called Sony, and they were able to give me a refund as I was within 2 weeks of purchase and I hadn't earned any trophies in the game (this was on PS4, I pretty much had the platinum for the PS3 version). The representative I was talking to says that is how they check if a refund is possible.

What do you mean you "wrongly received"? As in, you ordered by mistake (your fault) or the PSN Store delivered the wrong content (PSN's fault)?

You mean that if you have trophies in the game then they won't give a refund? That sounds a bit bonkers because there could still be a problem with the game which would make a refund justifiable, even if a couple of trophies popped early. But I see what you mean, @Youcata has already completed all the DLC trophies... Sony might argue that he's already got what he paid for there.

Just now, StrickenBiged said:

What do you mean you "wrongly received"? As in, you ordered by mistake (your fault) or the PSN Store delivered the wrong content (PSN's fault)?

You mean that if you have trophies in the game then they won't give a refund? That sounds a bit bonkers because there could still be a problem with the game which would make a refund justifiable, even if a couple of trophies popped early. But I see what you mean, @Youcata has already completed all the DLC trophies... Sony might argue that he's already got what he paid for there.

The second one. I made a purchase of the main game, and it showed up in my Library, but when I went in to download the game, it said I only had the DLC, no main game showed up.

Yeah, that is what the representative said. You have to be within 2 weeks of purchase with no trophies earned in order to get a refund. He says that is how they checked for eligibility for the refund.

There is a way to fix it, just don't update to 1.02 which is what is causing these issues. Though even with the base patch, you might get the odd issue here and there, but not as bad as 1.02. Personally, I'm on the latest patch yet not having any issues. 

Also, I think Rebellion are aware of these issues, so expect a patch at some point. 

I really do hate these thread titles -_-.

And no, it's very unlikely that you will receive a refund. 

6 hours ago, Youcata said:

Does it upload automatically? I wouldn't think this would happen

Still doesn't hurt to do it manually every now and again doesn't it? 

Also, you posted this 7hrs ago, yet there were threads about this issue within the last week - http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/sniper-elite-4-a/304819-bad-mission-select-loadout-collectable-glitch.html

Edited by Combatting

I never really felt the need to use back up saves, but i guess sniper elite teached me that lesson. Hopefully you won't run into the same problem. If they manage to somehow get this working out i might be able to enjoy the DLC's anyways. And about the title of the thread, it was the heat of the moment, "Save reset" would have been enough i guess.

54 minutes ago, Youcata said:

I never really felt the need to use back up saves, but i guess sniper elite teached me that lesson. Hopefully you won't run into the same problem. If they manage to somehow get this working out i might be able to enjoy the DLC's anyways. And about the title of the thread, it was the heat of the moment, "Save reset" would have been enough i guess.

I completely understand. I was in the same boat about when The Division launched, but I just created a bitching thread :P

On 2/28/2017 at 1:38 PM, Youcata said:

THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME ON SE III and I WAS GUTTED.

I Was num 5 on the world leaderboard at one stage (campaign) HERES MY POST ON IT 

Edited by snacklepuss