Best PS4 games for remote playing on Vita

tnaires

Hello people!

I bought a PS Vita some years ago and just got me a PS4. I'd like to make good use of the remote play feature and I wonder what are the best PS4 games for remote playing on the Vita, in you opinion. Please take into account every factor you can think of, including controls (which I guess is the most important one, since the Vita can't deliver the same experience as the DualShock4).

Thanks!

None, because you are supposed to be occupied by the Vita games on Vita :awesome:

I would answer pretty simply. Games that do not require L2 or R2 at all or only for occasional actions like opening menu or something.

The reason for this is that these buttons are mapped to touchscreen. 

So... playing for example racing games is pretty much impossible (unless they allow you to switch accelerating from triggers).

RPGs are obvious choice since Vita is an RPG machine and most RPGs do not require constant L2/R2 inputs. 

I would mention VNs, but most VNs are on Vita native :awesome: 

Small indies are also good (provided the indie isn't cross-buy since then you could play it on Vita fusuuly) since they don't overcomplicate the controls.

Since platformers count towards this group, that's 50-50. It may work or not for you =D

Well Basically First it depends by your connection, you're streaming the game on Vita so if your connetcion is not great don't expect something great, mine for example is just Ok and it's good to play remote but sometimes i lose connection for a Second which isn't great in a game i don't know i see rocket league on your list, think being there to hit the ball, you lag and lose connection a Sec, that is alreayd enough to screw you :P

Then yeah, controls, R/L 2/3 are at the angle of the touchreens and the touchscreen on the middle so Playing FPS where you have to move around and shooting with R2 so have to constantly touching the Up-Right area of the Touchscreen isn't really confortable....

For Rpgs if you like the genre is great then, no Controls problem not really some laggy problem :P But of course every game could eb fine, i Platted all "Deadly tower of monster2 in remote play :)

Thanks for the suggestions so far folks... Yeah I know I'm supposed to keep playing Vita games and I intend to keep playing them, but I would also like to have a portable experience with some of the great games the PS4 has to offer. The router I have in my house is shitty as hell, it is provided by the internet company and it gives me hard times, so I guess this is going to be the real problem when I try it out :) I may buy a good one to improve the experience.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition had a great control scheme for Remote Play. It worked really well there. Provided they didn't fire the guy who came up with it, my guess would be that Rise of the Tomb Raider should also have a fairly decent Remote Play control scheme, but I haven't tested this. 

I also heard that Fallout 4 put a lot of time and effort on making sure it worked on Remote Play, but I haven't tried it myself. 

The Telltale games are a good shout for Remote Play too - and they make great "bedtime games", so I often play the PS4 versions of these on Vita (also the Vita ports of their games are god-awful. Don't buy them there.)

Honestly? Unpopular opinion time:

Virtually no game on remote play feels "great" on the Vita. The limited controls definitely hinder a lot of games, but the Vita's limitations also hurt. Games that are in 60FPS drop to 30FPS on the Vita, and there is almost no reason to use it over a more comfortable Dualshock 4 which you are going to have if you have a PS4. Basically the Vita should only be used as a controller if yours is broken or you lack one for your second player. It's a neat idea, but the Vita simply isn't a great substitute for a PS4 controller.

I have to agree with @Satoshi Ookami here: the best use for your Vita is playing Vita games, and the occasional PSP game.

48 minutes ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

and there is almost no reason to use it over a more comfortable Dualshock 4

You could always use a DS4 with the Vita on Remote Play. Connect the Vita to your PS4, then use a DS4 to sign in to your PS4 with your regular PSN account and as P2. Then start the game and the Vita will mirror the PS4 screen, but the controls will be on the DS4. 

You need somewhere to prop up the Vita to get a good view, and can't go too far from the PS4 because of the DS4's limited Bluetooth range so its kinda pointless, but it works. 

I played the entirety of Life is Strange through Remote Play on the Vita and LOVED it... really felt it was the perfect kind of game for me to play this way. The controls didn't feel at all lacking, and I don't think there was ever any quick-reflex action required for anything, which made the infrequent stall a total non-issue.

(The way it suits my current lifestyle, I would probably opt to play everything on a handheld, lying down on my side in bed, if I could.) :awesome:

• Like 1

Knack works great. Since it's simple. LEGO Games are good for getting 100%/plats in while you do something else on the tv.

Warframe lets you fully customize the controls for remote play.

Ironically, it's mostly first party games that have poor controls for remote play.

edit; Also, if you have the 2000, there are attachments for L2/R2 [and L3/R3 now] from Japan you can invest in. And I don't have the newest one, since there's not one for the 1000, but I have the L2/R2 one and it has been great.

Edited by Elvick_

The mapping on Far Cry 4 is pretty neat on the vita.

Rayman legends also have almost no problems due to it being a platformer.

But like the above peeps says, play it as second, third whatever controller, but not as your main controller.

I only really use the remote play for second player since i'm to cheap to buy a new controller :awesome: