Ps+ games

afc-razor-84

5 hours ago, afc-razor-84 said:

Yeah but the free ps+ games for the PS3 and vita and ps4 are only cross play games anyway so we're getting the same games on all systems anyway. I  think Sony sould add a vr game to the mix.

You think that Sony should axe the PS+ service for the PS3 and Vita, which has an install base of like... I dunno, well over 80 million people, which, by the way, are paying only to get video game rentals from PS+ (since it's not required for online play), in favor of the install base of 910 000 PSVR owners.

I'm at a loss for words.

1 hour ago, RNumbers said:

I like it a lot. Initially I experienced some motion sickness playing Rigs, but that went away very quickly. It's not for everyone, and it's definitely lacking games (especially FULL games), but I've enjoyed the few I've tried so far (Playroom, Psychonauts, Rigs, Worlds). If Sony can sustain it past its initial novelty factor, I think it'll have a bright future. Some PS+ support can only help here. Otherwise, it'll go the way of the Wonderbook (OK, not quite THAT bad, but bad enough).

Thanks for your input on the PSVR! It has given me a bit to think about and may influence my game related purchases in the near future :) 

1 hour ago, Kishnabe said:

If anything, they should decrease 1 of the the PS3 offering (make it a triple A game each month instead of 2 obscure games) and allocate it to PS4/VR.   3 PS4, 1 PS3, 2 PSV

That'd be great. I'd hope they do that with the vita as well. Cross-buys and PSP games aren't exactly Vita games.

3 hours ago, afc-razor-84 said:

I still use my PS3 and vita sometimes more then my ps4 but it would be nice to see Sony try it out! As for the ps move my god there's only around 20 games for it the vr has only kinda just started and it's already got double the amount of games the move had. Plus it's nothing like the move u can use a controller if u want! That's what everyone does anyway, there not even in the same league.

Or about 150 Move titles, but you know, alternative facts are now a thing...

15 hours ago, audiopile said:

This is untrue.

No.  I'd be OK with PS4/VR as one, but if they take PS3 and PSV games away from PS+ I'd cancel.

Based simply on history, it's going to happen sooner rather than later. The writing is already on the wall that you should expect them to cancel PS3 and PSV PS+ support. The free games for both platforms have been, by and by, completely shit for a while now. Not only that, but the cross buy titles for PS4 is increasing dramatically. This HAS to be a red flag for many people, because Sony is showing you that they don't see the PS3 and the PSV in their plans going forward.

Remember when they completely shut down support on the PS2? Were you on the fence, yelling to the heavens that you'd never purchase another Playstation game if they did that? I doubt it. Different circumstance, since PS2 did not have the digital store we know as PSN, but the fact remains that companies push their efforts away from previous systems and focus on their present and future systems.

Your bold claim is really interesting to me because it implies that you only subscribe for the lackluster offerings. Which means you're okay with the service going downhill, and being held back by those systems so long as they don't become legacy systems and get the cut. 

Well, sounds like one day, perhaps sooner than you'd like it to, you are going to cancel. And a few other PS3 or PS Vita only gamers may as well. But I think if it means the PS4 benefits from it, the mass majority of active Playstation gamers will see it as a win.

10 hours ago, afc-razor-84 said:

I didn't say they sould axe the PS3 games and vita games I'm saying do u think they sould add a vr game into the mix with the other games.

You didn't say "add" in your OP. You clearly asked if PS+ games should be PS4 & VR only, which means you were also asking if they should remove PS3 & Vita games.

16 hours ago, afc-razor-84 said:

do u guys think ps+ games sould just become vr and ps4 only.

11 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Your bold claim is really interesting to me because it implies that you only subscribe for the lackluster offerings. Which means you're okay with the service going downhill, and being held back by those systems so long as they don't become legacy systems and get the cut. 

Actually this year I was auto-subbed (even though I recall turning it off) so I likely would not have been a member anymore.  Because of that I am actively trying to play through my + backlog so I can cut ties at the end of year.  I no longer enjoy MP games so that "additional content" is wasted on me.  

Honestly service has gone downhill, and no I'm not OK with it, but I still find a game or two per month that I end up enjoying and probably would not have tried otherwise.  Also, I buy only PS4 games now and with the +member discount I think I come close to paying off the annual cost regardless.

There is no rational behind legacy consoles holding back what they CHOOSE to offer.  That's just silly talk.

• 3 weeks later...

I personally would not mind PS3 and PS Vita dropping from PS+ if it meant more PS4 games (I've sold my Vita and I barely use my PS3) but with how many people still play on PS3, I don't really see that happening. For now, knowing that much of PS3 and Vita already is crossbuy for PS4 is good enough for me, though those are rarely the games I'm interested in the most (and from what I gather, the Vita crowd here doesn't really cheer on the Vita/PS4 titles either).

I don't think PS3 and Vita will get no support all at once, it's likely though that first the Vita and then PS3 get only one game a month but I don't see that happening within the next year or two.

As for PSVR... Getting such a game would be cool but with how many people don't have a PS4 and how few PSVR games there are, I think it would be shooting themselves in the foot a bit. There need to be more PSVR games and more sales before you can really put PSVR in PS+ with a title each month or nobody would buy anything any more, there's just not enough to go around. Occasionally adding a game that has PSVR possibilities would be a better idea, like Bound, Thumper, Volume, TrackMania Turbo, DiRT Rally...