Glacia shrine Boss Help.

I'm pretty much stuck since this boss kills my whole party in 1 hit with LOST ART EDEN, yea i have x2 of all lost arts. 

I have tons of Impede 2 quartz, but doesn't seem to help. My highest character spd is 125 which is Fie with best equips and best spd quartz. Everyone has their best weapon besides Emma and Elliot from the "Z ore"

Machias is lv120 when everyone else is 141+ only Laura Sara Elise Alfin are lv 130+.

Should i just complete it again, but i would be doing nightmaremode if so

If you can't do it on whatever mode you're on now you have no chance on NM. Use Laura with the standard Murakumo/domination/atk boost, have Jusis cast his support craft and rean use motivate. Go into overdrive with Laura when linked to Rean if you have OD2 to boost dmg by 20%, then cast a 200 cp S craft. If the boss still leaves, use ZERAM capsule/powder during her partners turn and then s craft again.

Most of ToCS2 (and its bosses) can be "broken" if you stack enough Impede/Delay stuff together.  You don't just want to have an Impede quartz on each guy, you want to piggyback Accessories that do the same if you have them and you want to use Crafts that also add Delay into the mix.  In short, the more of them that you have, the greater the odds that you'll get some of that delay to stick to the boss.

The other way to handle nasty enemies/bosses is to pile on the Evade.  With the right alignment of Quartz and Accessories, you can build characters who dodge almost everything and that can go a long way towards handling certain enemies.

Still not possible with that setup, the boss attacks twice in 2 turns, summon spirits and pretty much cuts all my parties health down to half, yet Rean or Fie always goes first, so likewise they must have buffed this boss up, because i use all 9 off my zeram powders and he wasn't even close to half health. Jusis always dies in 2 hits,  I can stack up as much evade as necessarily on anyone but they will still get hit.

Edited by LOVEKuroyukihime

It's a been a while since I played the game, but I'll try to remember the best I can. With my strategy, I beat the boss on Nightmare when my highest level party members weren't much higher than 120.

With this setup, the goal is to kill the boss before it even gets a turn. First, don't even bother screwing around with evasion or delay in this fight. They won't help much. The second thing is your party. You'll want to use Rean, Laura, Machias, and whoever has max friendship with Rean. I don't normally use Machias, but you'll definitely want him for this fight. I can't remember the name, but he has a craft that pushes everyone's turn to the top of the turn order.

Third, your quartz and Master quartz setup is probably the most important part. Hopefully you have leveled the Murakumo and Tauros master quartz; I don't know how well it will work without them. Equip Murakumo on Rean and Tauros on Laura. Also, stack as many attack increasing quartz and accessories on Rean and Laura as possible. Save one slot on each of them for the domination quartz (I'm pretty sure that's the name) it's the one that multiplies a character's first attack or craft damage by 2. For Machias, equip as many speed boosting quartz and accessories as possible, as you need him to go first. There is an accessory that increases speed by 20 (called abyss shadow or something like that) so equip two of those if Machias isn't fast enough. Again, I can't remember the name, but there is a lost art that has a similar effect to Machias' turn advance craft. You may want to equip this on Laura or your fourth character as a back up.

It sounds like you have enough cp restoring items, so that won't be a problem. Make sure you have any food that increases STR by 50%. 3 to 4 should be enough.

For the actual battle, Machias should be first. Use his turn advance craft so that the rest of your party gets a turn before the boss. Hopefully Rean's turn is next, so use his Spirit Unification craft. Now activate overdrive. Unless I'm remembering it wrong, you should get three turns in overdrive. For the first turn, use the 50% STR boosting food on Rean. Second, restore his to cp to 200 with whatever CP items you have. On the final turn, use his strongest s-craft (and pray to Aidos for a critical hit) If you have lvl 5 Murakumo and got a critical, the damage will be insane. It did around 600k damage when I did this. When it's Laura's turn, activate overdrive and do the same thing as you already did with Rean. The only difference is that you won't need to restore Laura's cp. If the boss is still alive at this point, you can use your remaining character's s-crafts to hopefully finish it off. Alternatively, if the boss isn't dead after Laura's s-craft, you can use the final turn of overdrive to use the turn advance lost art for more turns.

Rean didn't even come close to 600k damage with, Spirit Unification+ S-Craft.  Laura S-Craft Radiant Lion did over 600K-680K to be exact. The food is pointless since the highest is 75 CP, & i used up all of my 9 Zeram powders but still can't even finished it off, before it has 3 cheap as turns, Summons, Heal, Heal.

Lv145 Rean (MurakumoLv5)  STR was over 2700 SPD 129 Bonus Rean still goes first regardless of Machias SPD

Lv145 Laura(Tauros lv4) STR was over 2400 SPD 89

Lv145 Jusis STR was over 2300 SPD105

LDR Machias Str was below 2000 SPD 131-151 since he's only lv119,

Edited by LOVEKuroyukihime

So i toggle with the "domination" Quartz which only Rean equip it. Instead of equipping all Str on to Laura and Rean I stack Critical equips which gave me a bonus 30% extra crit along with Rean Spirit Purification than S-Craft only used 4 crafts ReanX2 Laura X2., Jusis only use noble command & Machias 2x with Burst drive. 

• 5 months later...

It was a bit difficult for me. I never actually got close to 570k like the guide suggested. With the same set-up (except for the armor/shoes), I was only able to get to 370k with the critical. I also had Rean's, Jusis', and Macchias' Z-weapon, which probably helped with making up for the rest. It was pretty close though.

Also, I got it on my 5th try.

On 9/20/2017 at 4:06 AM, Edunstar84 said:

It was a bit difficult for me. I never actually got close to 570k like the guide suggested. With the same set-up (except for the armor/shoes), I was only able to get to 370k with the critical. I also had Rean's, Jusis', and Macchias' Z-weapon, which probably helped with making up for the rest. It was pretty close though.

Also, I got it on my 5th try.

Yea to get that high with Rean was based on luck. Laura somehow got 540k with Master Quartz Tauros along with the "domination Quartz.  I've just started my nightmare playthrough on Cold steel, so it will be an breeze until the Crow fight and last boss. I'm scared?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LOVEKuroyukihime said:

Yea to get that high with Rean was based on luck. Laura somehow got 540k with Master Quartz Tauros along with the "domination Quartz.  I've just started my nightmare playthrough on Cold steel, so it will be an breeze until the Crow fight and last boss. I'm scared1f626.png

If you still have all your equipment, then it's a breeze. I've just started the Epilogue. For the final fight I only had to use 1 Zeram Capsule. My main team was level 143, and the rest 125-140.

14 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

If you still have all your equipment, then it's a breeze. I've just started the Epilogue. For the final fight I only had to use 1 Zeram Capsule. My main team was level 143, and the rest 125-140.

In cold steel one, you will roughly beat the game @ lv50. My characters now are around lv60. So yea assuming your talking about Cold steel 2 it was a lot easier. 

1 hour ago, LOVEKuroyukihime said:

In cold steel one, you will roughly beat the game @ lv50. My characters now are around lv60. So yea assuming your talking about Cold steel 2 it was a lot easier. 

I beat the CS1 at lv68/69. I wanted to get to 70 to get the Clear Save bonus for CS2, but I got bored. 

• 1 year later...

I thought I will have trouble on this one but I managed to defeat it on my second attempt. I followed Laura's setup in the guide at lv 147. She was all I needed for damage, Rean with Chrono Burst and Machias with 166 speed at around 138. Here's screenshots for reference.

My setup was Laura, Rean, Elliot and Machias. Laura and Rean paired with max Link Level. The battle start with Machias and use his craft to accelerate turns. When it's Rean's turn, cast Chronos Burst > Motivate > Overdrive then Motivate again. The use Laura's Radiant Lion. I did 450k with Critical hit. Then on final Overdrive turn, use Zeram Capsule on Laura followed by Laura's Second Radiant Lion, another crit hit with 250k. And done.

I had to reset because the enemy got the first turn on my first attempt. I managed to get Machias to move first on my second try.

I also have Elliot as my Offensive Mage (and Emma in Support) ready to deal damage in case I needed more. My plan if I didn't kill it was on his turn, make him pair with Laura, go Overdrive > Use Zeram Powder on Laura > Have Laura use Radiant Lion for the Third time > Elliot Cast either Lost or Strong Magic in the last Overdrive turn. 

Edited by JaM