Petting zoo problem

Teenazas

Yeah, believe it or not, I am having trouble with the most stupid trophy for this game :facepalm:

Right now I am playing via chapter select to clear up every single one of them. I already did my first complete walkthrough of the game, during which I did not attempt to pet any single creature. Now, during this chapter select playing, I have been trying to get the trophy but it won't pop up.

I have already thrown into the controller and fondled five different creatures, but spread out over different chapters. I am just wondering if it doesn´t add up using chapter select, and maybe you need to do it during a normal playthrough of the game for it to compute. Any ideas guys?

3 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Did you trigger a checkpoint after every pet or just quit right off the bat? 

I always keep playing until the end of the chapter to clear it up, but it is hard to say if I died before reaching a new checkpoint.

Anyway, did you get the trophy using chapter select? Because if so, then I am 100% doing something wrong.

38 minutes ago, Teenazas said:

did you get the trophy using chapter select?

@TheYuriG won't have the trophy - he doesn't have a PS4 yet. He's just asking because people not letting their game save before they load a new area is a common way people miss these list-based trophies. 

What creatures have you tried to pet so far? You need to do:

• Squirrel
  • Gopher
  • Pumpkin's head
  • Scrap

I got them all during my main playthrough. If you think there could be an issue with the game not registering them when you use Chapter Select, you should be able to find these creatures by starting in Chapter 2 and playing through until the pumpkin shows up - I think you should run into at least these four creatures on such a run.

... although, having said that, I can't remember whether the pumpkin's head is still available in the environment if you've completed the game... 

There might be other creatures you can throw into the controller to pet too... IDK if the varieties of scrap count separately, for example. 

Ok, I already got the trophy and I can confirm it doesn't save the petting of creatures using chapter select. You have to do it in one sitting if you want the game to register it.

So if anyone misses this trophy during the first playthrough, the easiest and quickest way to get it is playing chapter 6, Gibbet Hill. There, you have access to Pumpkin's head just at the beginning of the chapter. There is also a Squirrel and a couple of Gophers a little bit further. There is also a fight with a single scrap, making it very easy to stun it so you can pet it.

I also died before reaching a checkpoint after fondling a Gopher, so I can confirm too that the game saves the progress as soon as you perform the action. The important thing here is to pet the 4 creatures in one sitting if you opt for the chapter select method.

• Like 2

• 5 years later...
On 03/03/2017 at 7:24 AM, Teenazas said:

Ok, I already got the trophy and I can confirm it doesn't save the petting of creatures using chapter select. You have to do it in one sitting if you want the game to register it.

So if anyone misses this trophy during the first playthrough, the easiest and quickest way to get it is playing chapter 6, Gibbet Hill. There, you have access to Pumpkin's head just at the beginning of the chapter. There is also a Squirrel and a couple of Gophers a little bit further. There is also a fight with a single scrap, making it very easy to stun it so you can pet it.

I also died before reaching a checkpoint after fondling a Gopher, so I can confirm too that the game saves the progress as soon as you perform the action. The important thing here is to pet the 4 creatures in one sitting if you opt for the chapter select method.

Thanks a lot man, was having issues with this trophy as well, got it really easy using your tip, cheers!!