PSA: How to efficiently tackle Da Vinci ""DLC"" trophies

I'm not sure but I think I remember reading that the ability to quit and back up save doesn't work on PS4 due to it not saving checkpoints (or something like that) and instead starting you from the beginning of the mission once you load the game up.

12 minutes ago, madbuk said:

I'm not sure but I think I remember reading that the ability to quit and back up save doesn't work on PS4 due to it not saving checkpoints (or something like that) and instead starting you from the beginning of the mission once you load the game up.

Damn, that's like half of my psa. If anyone confirms this, I'll remove the section 

Backing up saves worked for me on PS4!

For the flying mission where you can't take damage, I quit to menu either right before or right after getting into the flying machine (can't remember). When I loaded it back up it started me at the bottom of the tower to get up to the flying machine (skipping the whole sneak portion of the start of the mission). I made a back up save and it always started me near the machine when I re-downloaded that save. About half-way through the flying portion of the mission where the carriages part of the mission starts, I also quit to menu there and backed-up my save. Loading put me right at the start of the carriages portion of the mission. 

I'm pretty sure I did the same thing with the tank mission where you can't take damage, but I found that one way less irritating so I can't remember where the checkpoints left me. 

Edited by Elyther

1 hour ago, Elyther said:

Backing up saves worked for me on PS4!

For the flying mission where you can't take damage, I quit to menu either right before or right after getting into the flying machine (can't remember). When I loaded it back up it started me at the bottom of the tower to get up to the flying machine (skipping the whole sneak portion of the start of the mission). I made a back up save and it always started me near the machine when I re-downloaded that save. About half-way through the flying portion of the mission where the carriages part of the mission starts, I also quit to menu there and backed-up my save. Loading put me right at the start of the carriages portion of the mission. 

I'm pretty sure I did the same thing with the tank mission where you can't take damage, but I found that one way less irritating so I can't remember where the checkpoints left me. 

So you are saying the checkpoints were somewhat changed in the PS4 version? Because if that's the case, i'll just leave the info there because it's somewhat still the same?

Great tips! Thankfully, having played PS3 version I remember all of the frustration points (stupid Tank mission...). 

Strong Arm is hilarious when done against Archers on top of buildings... *throws battleaxe* "what is tha... OMG". 

High Roller would also benefit from Cloud/USB saving if you're unlucky. Max Bet, if you lose, reload your cloud save. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kallume said:

Great tips! Thankfully, having played PS3 version I remember all of the frustration points (stupid Tank mission...). 

Strong Arm is hilarious when done against Archers on top of buildings... *throws battleaxe* "what is tha... OMG". 

High Roller would also benefit from Cloud/USB saving if you're unlucky. Max Bet, if you lose, reload your cloud save. 

LMAO about strong arm

High Roller doesn't even need the backup since the game doesn't save until you quit it, so just get the trophy and back out and you should be good with all your money back as you never actually played it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheYuriG said:

High Roller doesn't even need the backup since the game doesn't save until you quit it, so just get the trophy and back out and you should be good with all your money back as you never actually played it

Where were you with these tips before my plat! QQ

2 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Damn, that's like half of my psa. If anyone confirms this, I'll remove the section 

Yes, I did the tank mission and took damage. As soon as I did I quit and restarted. Even starting from the checkpoint before I got hit the objective was still failed.

4 minutes ago, monseiurpatty said:

Yes, I did the tank mission and took damage. As soon as I did I quit and restarted. Even starting from the checkpoint before I got hit the objective was still failed.

Don't know what you are talking about? I mention that in the OP:

4 hours ago, TheYuriG said:
  1. Don't complete missions at 50%. In your first run of the missions you can quit the game and when you return, the mission will return from the last checkpoint. It won't revert a failed objective, but will help you tons with some special, painful, long and retarded missions.

My question is if the game no longer saves the mid-game checkpoints in the ps4 version and instead sets you back to the beginning every time. Does that happen to you?

1 minute ago, TheYuriG said:

Don't know what you are talking about? I mention that in the OP:

My question is if the game no longer saves the mid-game checkpoints in the ps4 version and instead sets you back to the beginning every time. Does that happen to you?

I'm pretty sure mine saved mid game checkpoints.

7 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

So you are saying the checkpoints were somewhat changed in the PS4 version? Because if that's the case, i'll just leave the info there because it's somewhat still the same?

Hmm, I'm not sure if they changed in the PS4 version over the PS3 version, but I was more referencing Madbuk's post about the PS4 not saving checkpoints at all, or that restarting a mission after you quit to the menu sent you back to the beginning. For me, the PS4 version had mid-mission checkpoints that I could make back-up saves from, and they worked fine if I failed the objectives and downloaded the save.  

• Like 1