Help w/ Run Planning

I currently played the game once just for fun. So I got trophies I lucked out to get, then cleaned up because I had multiple saves throughout the game.

I am currently running through an easy run to get:

+ Pelicans in Your Pocket
+ The Devil Is in the Details
+ Mr. Nowhere
+ Resource Manager
+ Walk it Off

Problem:

I opened my box at the beginning to grab my Albert :'(

I still need:

+ Who's Your Daddy
+ Mad Pelicans

+ Just A Memory Now?

Solution?

Should I ditch Resource Manager and run for it through the 'Salt Mines' and continue getting the other trophies? How can I make the run through's work for me so I end up with the least amount of effort. Any advice appreciated!

Edited by mikekay1

You can still get Resource Manager on your current run, as long as you've only opened the box once already. When you get to the party segment with Lucas, you will of course need to open the box once to put all your items away and once more afterwards to take all the items back out. So by that point you will have maxed out your 3 box openings but there is no need to open the box again at all so you'll be fine. After the wrecked ship when you regain control of Ethan you can just run past all the enemies in the salt mines and use the remote bombs you find along the way to knock over the two Fat Molded towards the end and climb the ladder out of there. When you reach the Eveline boss fight just die straight away and when you retry you have the option to select 'Item Management' which will allow you to take out all the weapons you need without affecting your item box openings count.

So on the run you're currently doing, provided you have only opened the box the one time before Lucas's party room, you can still get the trophies: Resource Manager, Pelicans In Your Pocket, The Devil Is In the Details, Mr. Nowhere, Walk It Off, and Just a Memory Now (f you saved Zoe). Also how are you looking for time? If possible I would say go for 'Just Get Me Outta Here' (complete the game in 4 hours or less) on an Easy run because it will give you the Circular Saw which will make your Madhouse run much less challenging.

Yea its not happening I tried to speed run it but the files, and elsewheres, and coins take too much time burned like 15 minutes doing the first tape because there's a coin in it.

So here's what I wanted to ask someone directly -- if I run to the boss die and say manage items... I can go back to get the files, coins, and elsewhere's in the salt mines? 

Also I heard something about being able to leave the grenade launcher somewhere to grab it for when I run for Final Boss to have at least something to defend with.

Ah well never mind, you can speed run through the game in just a couple of hours if you go for an Easy run without needing any collectibles so that trophy shouldn't cause you too many problems when you go for it.

As for your question about collectibles in the salt mines, the last Ancient Coin is on the ship before you reach this section and none of the files have any enemies obstructing them. Take your time and follow a collectibles guide through the salt mines as I'm sure you've been doing for the rest of the game, you'll be able to get the files and still keep away from the enemies. Most definitely do not run for the final boss and leave collectibles behind, you won't be able to get back once you reach Eveline!

The Mr. Everywhere bobbleheads is an interesting point, there are 3 to smash after the ship and obviously you'll need some kind of weapon to break them. It will help that you know about the tip with the grenade launcher, basically just don't collect it at all from the Main House and it will show up at the beginning of the salt mines level. But what I would suggest is don't use the grenade launcher for defending yourself, you'll need it for the bobbleheads. If I remember correctly then you find the launcher with only 1 round in it so use that for the first bobblehead you come across. You find more ammo, I think 3 rounds, later on in the mines and so then you can knock out the 2nd bobblehead. The third and final bobblehead is in the basement of the Guest House right after the mines so use the launcher there too.

If all that sounds a bit risky then there's always the option for you to just forget the Bobbleheads on this run because it's totally possible to get them all on your speed run. I finished the game in 3 and a half hours playing on easy and getting all files and Bobbleheads so it won't be a problem for you to finish in under four hours with just the Bobbleheads to get. It's up to you, but I definitely wouldn't give up on Resource Manager on your current run.

You know you don´t need to watch the videotapes again?
Just the first one and then you are fine. I got The Devil Is in the Details, Resource Manager and Just Get Me Outta Here in one Playthrough in 3:08 too bad i missed the first coin. Still i´m pretty sure i collected it.

Edited by BDRick35

On 3/3/2017 at 5:11 PM, BDRick35 said:

You know you don´t need to watch the videotapes again?
Just the first one and then you are fine. I got The Devil Is in the Details, Resource Manager and Just Get Me Outta Here in one Playthrough in 3:08 too bad i missed the first coin. Still i´m pretty sure i collected it.

Pretty sure you need to watch old video as well -- I didn't try to see if you are able to exit the video once you get the coin. 

Thank you for your help ser_davos!

I also did something unconventional to solve my problem with the box opening instead of running for the boss and missing some of the elsewheres.

I saved in the room and split the trophies in two.

Opened the box -- got the elsewheres and the files,

Then exited, loaded the save

and ran for final boss. 

Got my speed run trophy now onto Madhouse and Mad Pelicans!

5 hours ago, mikekay1 said:

I also did something unconventional to solve my problem with the box opening instead of running for the boss and missing some of the elsewheres.

and ran for final boss. 

Great idea about making a separate save to get the bobbleheads, I'm glad to hear it all went well in the end. Good luck with the rest of the trophies!

On 6.3.2017 at 3:28 PM, mikekay1 said:

Pretty sure you need to watch old video as well -- I didn't try to see if you are able to exit the video once you get the coin. 

and ran for final boss. 

Ahh damn sure i also watched it. But the last one was so storydriven i totally forgot it :lol: