How hard?

Just considering grabbing this right now, but I am curious as to those that have played it, what you think on the difficulty of said trophies.  The main ones I am worried about are the 2 million points (and the trophies leading to that of course) and these Midnight challenges, since I don't know what they entail.

I have seen people play it before, so I do know what the game is like, and it still does interest me at the very least.

It's not particularly difficult. Each track is only a minute or two long and you can complete their challenges individually, rather than having to do them all at once.

I think the harder challenges are the ones which require multiple perfect drift lines. All the others are generally quite lenient and give you a decent amount of room for error, but on some tracks, if you don't take a certain corner perfectly then that's the challenge failed. But again, the tracks are all pretty short so you'll be able to get a lot of practice in a short amount of time.

The midnight tracks are slightly tougher than normal tracks, but not significantly so. I think the main difference is that the barriers on the track are removed, so rather than just losing your score multiplier when you mess up, you fall off and fail. But you'll spend the whole game trying to avoid walls in order to complete challenges anyway, so that extra penalty isn't a game-changer.

I think I'd give it a 4/10 and 5-10 hours length.

Ah, that's not so bad then.  What of the 2 millions points trophy? I take it that's not too bad to get if you combine it with the x15 multiplier? I mean I did buy the game anyway, so that's fine with me, just curious on that tip for the trophy in question.

But regardless, thanks for telling me about those tips, gives me a better idea of the game anyway for sure.

Yeah, I think some challenges require higher than 15x multiplier anyway, and you'll probably get close to 2m just by doing those. If you don't get it naturally while completing the other stuff, you can just drift in circles until the time runs out on one of the open score-based levels. As long as you don't break the multiplier, there's more than enough time to get 2m without even worrying about the bonus points you get from certain tasks, like drifting around or inside designated areas.

Well, I gave it a go... gotta say, the controls are bad.  Either that, or the game just outright refuses to tell you how to do anything, all it tells you is... do the thing.  Example, did the tutorial for spin zones, no explanation on how you do them, it just says "complete 3 spin zones" and that's it, no controls, no tips, nothing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2017 at 11:32 PM, DrakeHellsing said:

Well, I gave it a go... gotta say, the controls are bad.  Either that, or the game just outright refuses to tell you how to do anything, all it tells you is... do the thing.  Example, did the tutorial for spin zones, no explanation on how you do them, it just says "complete 3 spin zones" and that's it, no controls, no tips, nothing.

Finally you dominated the game?

I played yesterday for 20min and was very difficult for me. Bad controls and impossible to do the x10 multiplier in the first tutorial level (the circle) ?

2 hours ago, Rafi_004 said:

Finally you dominated the game?

I played yesterday for 20min and was very difficult for me. Bad controls and impossible to do the x10 multiplier in the first tutorial level (the circle) 1f61e.png

Nope, I've stopped caring for the game.  As you said, controls are garbage.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got the Platinum for this steaming pile of trash.  What a miserable experience.  You know a game is truly garbage when it's core game "design" is having broken, unresponsive controls.  As for difficulty, I'd agree with about 4/10 for 99% of the game.  I completed that 99% of the game in about 10 hours.  Overall it was a pain but doable, even if like me you aren't very experienced at drifting.  Great music soundtrack, probably the only real positive thing I can say. 

Now comes the 7th Circle of Hell, otherwise known as the 20x multiplier challenge on the World 4 Midnight Event, Mount Hokuchin.  This is where Satan lives.  Essentially you have to hold a near perfect drift through almost every single corner and odd-shaped loop of the entire track.  You must do this in the dark, no guardrails, with overpasses and other structures occasionally blocking the view of your car at the worst possible moments.  The entire rest of the game you could basically keep your car in 2nd gear for relatively easy drifting.  Then suddenly on this BS track I had to switch up to 3rd gear for the long uphill loops near the end.  Either that or switching to auto transmission can work, but that creates it's own set of problems trying to control the speed of your car.  It took me well over 3 hours and literally HUNDREDS of attempts to complete this one God forsaken challenge, getting 19x about a dozen times while slowly losing my sanity as my rage towards this horrendous game slowly built.    

On 27.05.2018 at 9:48 PM, Narniak said:

Just got the Platinum for this steaming pile of trash.  What a miserable experience.  You know a game is truly garbage when it's core game "design" is having broken, unresponsive controls.  As for difficulty, I'd agree with about 4/10 for 99% of the game.  I completed that 99% of the game in about 10 hours.  Overall it was a pain but doable, even if like me you aren't very experienced at drifting.  Great music soundtrack, probably the only real positive thing I can say. 

Now comes the 7th Circle of Hell, otherwise known as the 20x multiplier challenge on the World 4 Midnight Event, Mount Hokuchin.  This is where Satan lives.  Essentially you have to hold a near perfect drift through almost every single corner and odd-shaped loop of the entire track.  You must do this in the dark, no guardrails, with overpasses and other structures occasionally blocking the view of your car at the worst possible moments.  The entire rest of the game you could basically keep your car in 2nd gear for relatively easy drifting.  Then suddenly on this BS track I had to switch up to 3rd gear for the long uphill loops near the end.  Either that or switching to auto transmission can work, but that creates it's own set of problems trying to control the speed of your car.  It took me well over 3 hours and literally HUNDREDS of attempts to complete this one God forsaken challenge, getting 19x about a dozen times while slowly losing my sanity as my rage towards this horrendous game slowly built.    

I'm a huge fan of racing games and I've even tried drifting in real life, and I can't agree with you. This game has its flaws and we all know that, but it also has a learning curve. Some people are better at it than others and there is no need to moan 'bout it. I got the 20x challenge in 4th try, without any issues. Not trying to be rude but maybe you was just bad at this game?

Just to clarify your passive-aggressive response, you are a huge racing/drifting fan, you claim you completed the 20x challenge on your 4th try, yet according to your PSN profile it took you a month and half to Platinum this game?  And you are implying I am bad at this game?? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7.06.2018 at 11:43 PM, Narniak said:

Just to clarify your passive-aggressive response, you are a huge racing/drifting fan, you claim you completed the 20x challenge on your 4th try, yet according to your PSN profile it took you a month and half to Platinum this game?  And you are implying I am bad at this game?? 

Well, I have a job at weekends, I'm studying at the university, and I have a life in general. Yes, it took me a month +, because I have other shit to do beside PS4.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm a big racing fan so maybe that helped me but damn, I managed to get a plat in 6 hours. I don't think the controls are bad, they are just unforgiving and I like that. If you have some kind of knowledge on how drifting works and learn how to give less or more oversteer mid-drift using throttle, brakes and the right wheel input to adjust trajectory and go out of oversteer it's a very satisfying and fun game. I played the game on hard as that seems to turn off assists and leave it all up to you, maybe the assists mess things up.

Besides the x20 multiplier challenge on the event mentioned above, hitting perfect drifts on the last event was the hardest part of the game, the first one right in the beginning of the track was quite easy to hit but, the second one on the middle of the track took a while. Best tips I can give to anyone are: 95% of the times you CAN'T be going full throttle into a corner and to use handbrakes to start drifting at low speeds but not necessarily on high speeds. Giving small low speed drifts on straights just to keep the multiplier going goes a long way too.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Picked this up fully expecting a challenging little game by the comments. I'm just shy of the platinum due to time on my part. Honestly, it's not very hard at all. I like racing games but I am no Stig. The challenges can be done one at a time which gives you a lot of wiggle room. For example if the challenge is 'get to the finish line before 1.20. No crashes' I would literally just drive like a granny and make sure I don't touch any corners, without drifting once.

The 7 second drift was very easy and I didn't actually 'go for it' as I was just looking for the longest corner to nail it. I only realised I had it when the trophy popped. Turn your difficulty to 'hard' in the settings before this event as you can hold a drift for longer. You can switch back straight after if you wish.

The hardest part I found was the first challenge for clipping the corners with 5,000 points. I had no idea how to properly work it but speed is key here.

The "dreaded" 2 perfect driving lines were done consecutively in my first run with no trouble.

And that's it, I have just a few mountain/ khana events left to run tomorrow for the plat. 

If anyone is seriously struggling and needs some help I'll be happy to assist as I'm having great fun with this game.

• Like 2