Any chance of 1TB PS4s being released soon?

Alantor32

Hi, I currently have a 500 GB PS4 and I'm running out of space for my games and additional data. So I'm wondering if there's any word of a 1TB PS4 being released soon? And one bundle that has games that interest me included with the 1TB PS4.

4 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

Hi, I currently have a 500 GB PS4 and I'm running out of space for my games and additional data. So I'm wondering if there's any word of a 1TB PS4 being released soon? And one bundle that has games that interest me included with the 1TB PS4.

Those are already being sold in The Netherlands, so I'm sure there's one in the US too.

Well, okay. I'll take your word for it, Xylobe. But shouldn't I worry about the 1TB Drive having a lifespan expiration date? Because I'm scared if I used one in the future 4.50 update, it might die in a few years and I lose all my important data in it.

6 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

Well, okay. I'll take your word for it, Xylobe. But shouldn't I worry about the 1TB Drive having a lifespan expiration date? Because I'm scared if I used one in the future 4.50 update, it might die in a few years and I lose all my important data in it.

It should be fine if it's treated with care.

11 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

You don't even need a new system-- the next firmware update (4.50) will allow you to use external storage. You can get a 1TB drive on Amazon for around 50 USD

Yup, this. I bought myself a 4TB external. Can't wait for the update lol

51 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

Limited Edition PlayStation 4 Slim 1TB Console with Final Fantasy XV Deluxe Edition - EB Exclusive

Too bad you have the game already, though.

edit: Sorry for the crappy c&p:(

Edited by shpank-e

On 3/2/2017 at 2:41 PM, MMX20 said:

heres a good quick read...

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/170748-how-long-do-hard-drives-actually-live-for

This is a testing of over 4yrs of constant running 25,000 hdd for 24/7

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

3 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

*looked at the date of the post*.......:|

I don't know what are you talking about, but the 1TB ps4's is already been selling I believe since the last two years ago 

Really? Then what stores sell them in the US?

23 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

*looked at the date of the post*.......:|

I don't know what are you talking about, but the 1TB ps4's is already been selling I believe since the last two years ago 

Hasn't been quite 2 years yet..The earliest a 1TB showed up was back around Oct 2015, and that was UK. I dont think US even had one much later if at all without being a bundle.

20 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

Really? Then what stores sell them in the US?

Not many US have the standard orginal PS4 model with 1TB. I think you can grab a FFXV Limited edition 1TB PS4 bundle at gamestop for 450$.

Ps4 Pro though on the other hand is probably what you will be seeing with 1TB in US.. goes around for 400$

@MMX20 I dont know if you had heard but the next firmware will allow you to use external HDD, so there is no need to buy another PS4 with bigger hard drive my friend. You just need to buy a good external. There are plenty of those. There are 1TB up to 6TB externals. Best Buy is having a 2TB external on sale this week for 70$ :)

22 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Hasn't been quite 2 years yet..The earliest a 1TB showed up was back around Oct 2015, and that was UK. I dont think US even had one much later if at all without being a bundle.

I don't really knows how long the 1TB ps4 is been out, I grabbed mine at the end of last year, mine came with an extra controller but no games, I don't live in the US.

Edited by yellowwindow7

On 3/2/2017 at 11:41 PM, MMX20 said:

it might die in a few years and I lose all my important data in it.

All drives die eventually. You can even get drives that are dead on arrival. Not sure about the laws in your country, but even the manufacturers warrants at least a year or more, where they will send you a new drive if it dies within that time. Where I'm from we get by law 5 years warranty. ;p That is more than most manufacturers would want. You should instead worry about what happens when the drive dies, and make sure you don't lose anything important when that happens.

All PS4 Pros come with a 1 TB drive, but honestly I would suggest you invest in a high capacity external drive for your PS4 as the next firmware update adds external hard drive support.  Upgrading your internal hard drive is a peace of cake, but you get more bang for your buck by getting an external drive. 

The prices on 2.5 inch 2 TB internal drives vary, but when I was looking into prices a couple weeks ago (which was right before the firmware update was announced hence why I was considering upgrading my internal) you are looking to spend at least 100 bucks. 

Now for just 122 dollars you can get this 5 TB external drive and use that to store all your games. External and internal drives both have their positives and negatives, but in my opinion I see more value in getting an external drive.

The external drive I just linked is the same one I ordered a couple weeks ago. You don't have to buy a new PS4 to get more space by the way. Sony has always made it really easy to upgrade the hard drive in both the PS3 and PS4, but with external hard drive support coming sometime within the next week or 2 I would recommend you just get an external.

Edited by ratchetdude231

On 3/4/2017 at 10:23 PM, PSXtreme_ said:

Walmart...You may have heard of them...they are this up-and-coming retail big-box store coming to a town near you in the soon to happen future.

xD I heard of Walmart since I was about 12 years old. I sometimes shop there before Gamestop became my best place to buy video games.

On 3/2/2017 at 3:30 PM, MMX20 said:

It's already a thing.  You're better off getting a 2TB though because PS4 games take so much space already. 

Edited by DARKB1KE