Story

Rafi_004

What I got out of it:

Spoiler

You are a new agent in the FBI. Your first assignment is with internal affairs, where you are tasked to spy on your new partner while investigating the disappearance of a young boy. You investigate the disappearance and your partner but become friends with your partner instead. Eventually, your character faces a choice, will she turn over what she has found out about her partner to IA or not? She has a vision of what her life would be like if she did, and rejects this option, though your partner is still bitter about your deception. There's some stuff which hints that the boy might have been abducted by aliens, but it's not clear whether this is part of the vision or not as things are getting trippy. There's also a scene with a cult, but was this a dream? Is this what happened to him? Eventually you leave with your partner - you chose friendship over a career. 

It's been a while since I played it, so I probably forgot something or other, but that's the gist of what I got from 2 playthroughs. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rafi_004 said:

Can someone please tell me what the story says? I've already plat the game but I didn't understand almost nothing :facepalm:

Something I would like to know. Getting the plat requires two playthroughs and I still don't get it. :lol::lol:

• Like 1

On 3/3/2017 at 4:01 PM, StrickenBiged said:

What I got out of it:

Hide contents

You are a new agent in the FBI. Your first assignment is with internal affairs, where you are tasked to spy on your new partner while investigating the disappearance of a young boy. You investigate the disappearance and your partner but become friends with your partner instead. Eventually, your character faces a choice, will she turn over what she has found out about her partner to IA or not? She has a vision of what her life would be like if she did, and rejects this option, though your partner is still bitter about your deception. There's some stuff which hints that the boy might have been abducted by aliens, but it's not clear whether this is part of the vision or not as things are getting trippy. There's also a scene with a cult, but was this a dream? Is this what happened to him? Eventually you leave with your partner - you chose friendship over a career. 

It's been a while since I played it, so I probably forgot something or other, but that's the gist of what I got from 2 playthroughs. 

You got much more than me. Thank you for your help!! =)

Spoiler

Other question I have is... which paper is the bird playing? Seems the connection between dreams and real life but isn't it?

• 1 month later...

I don't really agree with everything in the linked article, to be honest. I think the buffalo represents your friendship with Maria. Heck, at one point during the LSD trip, you even murdered it when you joined everyone in the evil cult (which in my eyes is how Anne is starting to think about the FBI).

I'm glad the platinum makes you play through the game twice. To be honest, I didn't know whether I liked the game or not after I finished my blind playthrough.

• Like 2