Sony to start implementing sales taxes on PSN games

B4d4ssHunt4r

56 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

it'll likely happen on the xbox one and the switch too

I'm not saying that just for the taxes.

There are a lot of things for which I want to leave PlayStation. But I'm stuck here for the moment.

1 hour ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

V49Kjl3.jpg?1

Soon it will be everything!

Actually, Trump is proposing a large tax cut across the board to get the economy going. He isn't raising them at all. The last time we cut taxes in the US at a federal level was the 1980's.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ValkyrieX said:

Got the email as well.  Just changed my address to Oregon.  So I should be good until Oregon starts charging tax.  

I think you would have to change your ip address to actually get around it. 

Note that I do not condone tax evasion and this post is merely conjecture on the topic of how the Internet tax infrastructure may work. Any applications or methods to bypass any state tax used by those that have read this post, acted on their own. Dav9834 and psnprofiles are not liable for others actions :ninja:

Edited by Dav9834

6 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I think you would have to change your ip address to actually get around it. 

Note that I do not condone tax evasion and this post is merely conjecture on the topic of how the Internet tax infrastructure may work. Any applications or methods to bypass any state tax used by those that have read this post, acted on their own. Dav9834 and psnprofiles are not liable for others actions :ninja:

From what I've read on Reddit that's not necessary since your PSN account isn't tied to a specific IP.  You can be on your Vita traveling in Europe, but PSN isn't going to start charging you the EU prices as long as you're logged in with your American account.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ValkyrieX said:

Got the email as well.  Just changed my address to Oregon.  So I should be good until Oregon starts charging tax.  

That is good to know, but I live in Ca. So i'm good till they pass a digital tax law otherwise I would try that!

1 hour ago, ValkyrieX said:

You can be on your Vita traveling in Europe, but PSN isn't going to start charging you the EU prices as long as you're logged in with your American account.  

Touche! 

This is a very good point!

The question then becomes how do they enforce this.