Struggling with DLC

Legchomper

Hey guys, this is my second time going through the game to aim for the platinum and was hoping to finish the DLC on NG+ before killing the final boss again. I seem to be having difficulties mainly with my defense and killing some ghosts. The main ghost I've come across that I have issues with is the big guy with the hammer that you can only kill with magic. I use stain or heirloom(upgraded) and can eventually kill it but by then I'm usually on my 5th potion from 14. 

Can anyone give me some tips on whether I should go through this on a new game or NG++ instead? 
I started a new game on a warrior and I continued with NG++ as cleric but I'm mostly strength build and unable to respec. Since I've got 2x statues destroyed. 

If anyone wants to know more information to help me out let me know. I'd appreciate it. I don't mind backtracking for better amour/weapons if needed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've gone through DLC on NG++, STR build, full heavy armour (100 lvl). Those ghosts were also pain in the a** for me, but fought them 1 on 1, using mostly rogue stab ability (great cause it's knocking opponent down on last hit), lightning mace (orange version of the weapon dropped by the annihilator) and lots of dodging.

Hopefully, some of it will help :)

• 4 weeks later...

Like Amonides said, use a weapon that doesn't only deal physical damage. I think I went through the DLC with an agility character with a staff that had good stats. There were strength based weapons too though.

NG++ is pretty tough in this game by the way. Or well, the NG++ final boss. If you're looking for an easy platinum, just do your third class (cleric in your case) on NG.

1 hour ago, Such-A-Goonie said:

Like Amonides said, use a weapon that doesn't only deal physical damage. I think I went through the DLC with an agility character with a staff that had good stats. There were strength based weapons too though.

NG++ is pretty tough in this game by the way. Or well, the NG++ final boss. If you're looking for an easy platinum, just do your third class (cleric in your case) on NG.

I did it a while ago lol

I have a problem with my game.

My account is Zone 3 and i got this game from PSN Plus (Free Game)

But... When i got the Platinum Trophy.

I just see about trophies from DLC of the game.

But i can't see DLC in the Play Station Store of Zone 3.

Anyway, i added my second account of Zone 1 and bought the DLC.

Then switch back to my main account but i can't see my DLC from second account.

So, The question is... If i buy the game from Zone 1 on my second account. Can i play the game with dlc and still use my old save file ?

19 hours ago, GeneralORC said:

I have a problem with my game.

My account is Zone 3 and i got this game from PSN Plus (Free Game)

But... When i got the Platinum Trophy.

I just see about trophies from DLC of the game.

But i can't see DLC in the Play Station Store of Zone 3.

Anyway, i added my second account of Zone 1 and bought the DLC.

Then switch back to my main account but i can't see my DLC from second account.

So, The question is... If i buy the game from Zone 1 on my second account. Can i play the game with dlc and still use my old save file ?

When you say Zone 3 do you mean region? NA/EU/JP etc. If so you will not be able to use DLC from a different region game. So region 1 DLC can only work with region 1 game. If you have trouble finding DLC for "zone 3" I would suggest contacting Playstation support. 

On 4/18/2017 at 8:42 PM, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

When you say Zone 3 do you mean region? NA/EU/JP etc. If so you will not be able to use DLC from a different region game. So region 1 DLC can only work with region 1 game. If you have trouble finding DLC for "zone 3" I would suggest contacting Playstation support. 

Thank you T_T

• 4 years later...

Since the Ancient Labyrinth DLC is accessed through the main game, can anybody tell me whether or not it’s difficulty level scales with NG+, or if the DLC has its own independent difficulty? I’m on NG++ right now and just wondering if this would make the DLC significantly harder than if you were on an NG save file.

I just finished the DLC on NG++. The enemies there could kill me easily with three hits (LVL 114 agility build with light/medium armor) so I would assume the scale. I used shift a lot to backstab. As for the guys with the hammer you need to learn the roll timing so they don't hit you and get some attacks in with a waepon that doesn't only deal phyiscal damage. I also used the projectile arm with a fire rune very often. My weapon Itch with a poison rune.

The endboss is quite easy killable with Stab.

Took me about three hours.

Edited by OrderOfOrigin

there is an armor set that gives you increased resistances to magic, the one you find inside the labyrinth is the best but obviously you need to get past a ton of hammer dudes. if your really struggling you can suicide your way through them all just sprint and hope.

but you should have an armor set that gives suitable protection i remember going toe to toe with the hammer guys the whole time and having no issue whatsoever. i just remember hating that shitty magic hammer and using something else i forget what i smashed the game pretty quick.