Marvel vs DC The Ultimate Crossover

marvelboy10

I choose both. Captain Marvel, Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Hawkeye (Kate Bishop), Green Arrow, Aquaman, Arsenal.

Also it's clear someone doesn't actually know anything about Aquaman and is just repeating jokes they've heard somewhere else. But to each their own of course.

Edited by GalrenStormbow
  • Like 1

I used to love marvel growing up, but then saw the light and made the move to the better DC universe.  Marvel just got so stupid and the story arcs in DC are way better. My only issue with DC is that their movies and tv shows are utter carp, but their comics and animated films are pure gold.  Justice League Dark is still one of my favorite titles.  Love John Constantine.  And Booster Gold.

Captain Marvel will always be Billy Batson, by the way.

1 hour ago, wafflestomper810 said:

Marvel just got so stupid and the story arcs in DC are way better. My only issue with DC is that their movies and tv shows are utter carp, but their comics and animated films are pure gold.  

The Death of Superman spawned the whole " kill a superhero and bring them back to life to sell more comics" movement. Unfortunately Marvel jumped on board too though. 

Other than that I totally agree with you. Batman has some of the best stories in comics and best animated films period.

6 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

Wait, doesn't the male Wonder twin have that power too? " Form of: A bucket of water!" Wtf lol

If Aquaman is the third strongest of the Justice League then it just proves how lame the team is . . .

Love how you completely ignored everything else I said. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

The Death of Superman spawned the whole " kill a superhero and bring them back to life to sell more comics" movement. Unfortunately Marvel jumped on board too though. 

Other than that I totally agree with you. Batman has some of the best stories in comics and best animated films period.

The Death of Superman was just so bad. I did get a poster with my floppy back in the day though, so there is that.

I love Superman as a character, but truth be told there are a lotta trash runs. All-Star Superman is great, as well as Kingdom Come, and of course anyone at all interested in Supes should try Red Son. But, for my money Superman The Animated Series is the definitive Superman story.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hugglebunn-e said:

The Death of Superman was just so bad. I did get a poster with my floppy back in the day though, so there is that.

I love Superman as a character, but truth be told there are a lotta trash runs. All-Star Superman is great, as well as Kingdom Come, and of course anyone at all interested in Supes should try Red Son. But, for my money Superman The Animated Series is the definitive Superman story.

It really was a fantastic show, and it effectively showed an almost-invincible superhero that still had villains that were serious threats (not always directly to him, but certainly in the damage they could cause the citizens of Metropolis). I do like most of the DC Animated movies I've seen, but nobody can ever replace Michael Ironside as Darkseid IMO. He was just perfect. 

I was a Marvel Fan as a kid, but grew to like DC better as an adult. 

15 hours ago, Nishikino Maki said:

Aquaman doesn't just have the ability to talk to fish.

Aquaman doesn't have the ability to talk to fish. He has the ability to control them. To talk to them would suggest that fish have the capacity for language, and that's just dumb.

To be honest, while I like the Aquaman reboot in the New 52, he just never works. Either he's the lame Super Friend, or he's a peacenik version of Marvel's Sub-Mariner.

9 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

If Marvel's problems were only resurrecting superheroes (which they seem to do on a monthly basis)...

The way they wrecked Spider-Man multiple times was just criminal. Their treatment of the X-Men in the comics is tragic (and solely profit-based, to align with their movies, and the fact that X-Men were not owned by Disney). Making Captain America into a Hydra agent? Dumb as hell. And of course, if things go wrong, well, we can always make a deal with the Devil to fix it (Spider-Man), or just bring in some shape-shifting aliens.

I think I hate Marvel now, to tell you the truth.

11 hours ago, wafflestomper810 said:

I used to love marvel growing up, but then saw the light and made the move to the better DC universe.  Marvel just got so stupid and the story arcs in DC are way better. My only issue with DC is that their movies and tv shows are utter carp, but their comics and animated films are pure gold.  Justice League Dark is still one of my favorite titles.  Love John Constantine.  And Booster Gold.

Captain Marvel will always be Billy Batson, by the way.

Amen, brother. And ditto on Captain Marvel. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I

The way they wrecked Spider-Man multiple times was just criminal. Their treatment of the X-Men in the comics is tragic (and solely profit-based, to align with their movies, and the fact that X-Men were not owned by Disney). Making Captain America into a Hydra agent? Dumb as hell. And of course, if things go wrong, well, we can always make a deal with the Devil to fix it (Spider-Man), or just bring in some shape-shifting aliens.

I think I hate Marvel now, to tell you the truth.

Rumor has it that Marvel is going to try to get back to basics this year after the Secret Empire run, we shall see. Myself, I took a break from Marvel after Remender's Captain America run a year or so ago.

• Like 1

Batman has been underwhelming for the past few years, to be frank.

Ever since around 2008~ and if you want to be particularly cynical, ever since The Killing Joke first came out in the late 80's along side a few other defining stories like The Dark Knight Returns DC has been basically running around in circles. ''BUT WOT IF BATMAN IS THE REAL INSANE PERSON'' ''BUT WOT IF BATMAN AND JOKER ARE THE SAME!1!!!!'' throw in the crazy summer time crossover/world state altering event we tend to always see and there you go, a year in Batman publication.

This isn't to say I don't enjoy those stories. 2008's Joker, 2012's Death of the Family and 2009's A Serious House on Serious Earth are all comics/novels that tread said ground but I love them to bits; they're good ideas and good concepts but sooner or later it does get tiring. Batman Rebirth seems to be doing something interesting with the character, but I don't know. We'll see.

Edited by HaSoOoN-MHD

2 hours ago, hugglebunn-e said:

Rumor has it that Marvel is going to try to get back to basics this year after the Secret Empire run, we shall see. Myself, I took a break from Marvel after Remender's Captain America run a year or so ago.

Remender had a tough act to follow. Brubaker had written so long (and so well) that follow-ups were bound to falter (consider that, despite Marvel's somewhat shabby treatment of the Winter Soldier, he still managed to be a main component in their movie franchise).

32 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Remender had a tough act to follow. Brubaker had written so long (and so well) that follow-ups were bound to falter (consider that, despite Marvel's somewhat shabby treatment of the Winter Soldier, he still managed to be a main component in their movie franchise).

I actually liked Remender's run, not as much as his Venom or Uncanny X-Force run, but I did enjoy it. As a matter of fact Remender was about the only thing I was still consistently reading at Marvel and when he left for indie work I just kinda took a break from Marvel.

I am sure that there are still some good ongoings, just nothing is really grabbing me at the moment. The Old Man Logan ongoing looks interesting, I keep meaning to jump into the Star Wars comics, I just have not as of yet. I grab trades for clearance every once in a while with mixed results.

• Like 1

I think there's an over saturation in cinema. I'm freaking sick of it. I really wish Failurewood would stop with the two for a good 10 years. Since Failurewood has completely run out of ideas, I seriously doubt I'll get the break I wish for.

There are only two movies I can think out of all Marvel and DC movies that really stand out: Deadpool and 1989 Batman. The first two X-men movies were just ok. Also, Heath Ledger was the only good thing out of the newer Batman movies.

The only medium appropriate for either is print or video games. Marvel vs DCU would be an awesome fighting game.

On ‎6‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:36 PM, marvelboy10 said:

Funny being that your name is Kraven_15 and Kraven just happens to be an enemy of Spider-man, a Marvel character.:hmm: Unless that's your name.

yea, I don't mind the Hunter but it is a coincidence nonetheless :)

Marvel all day any day of the year,I like DC but honestly I have no idea how someone can prefer DC while knowing the Marvel universe...DC can't even be compared.Batman is the only DC hero that has Marvel-like quality,if Batman was a Marvel character DC would be bankrupt by now lol.Batman is the 2nd best superhero ever though after Spidey so yup that's just how boss Batman is.DC would be nothing without Batman.

It all depends whether you are discussing heroes or villains. On the heroes side I have to give it to marvel. (And I have been a dc fan since 1991) However when it comes to villains there is no contest, DC wins hands down. And as I am more of a fan of villains I will stick with DC. But I must say when it comes to the big screen DC blows. But at the same time marvel has a disappointing animated universe. To each their own, everyone has preferences and this big mess of an opinion is mine. All in all I have to give it to DC but that's by a 51/49 margin. It's anyone's game still.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, serialkilla1987 said:

It all depends whether you are discussing heroes or villains. On the heroes side I have to give it to marvel. (And I have been a dc fan since 1991) However when it comes to villains there is no contest, DC wins hands down. And as I am more of a fan of villains I will stick with DC. But I must say when it comes to the big screen DC blows. But at the same time marvel has a disappointing animated universe. To each their own, everyone has preferences and this big mess of an opinion is mine. All in all I have to give it to DC but that's by a 51/49 margin. It's anyone's game still.

Agreed on DC blowing on the big screen (at least in more recent years) and Marvel having a disappointing animated universe. I have never been a big fan of the Marvel animated universe with the exception of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Spectacular Spider-Man which are both excellent and were both cancelled before their time.

• Like 1

I can't choose.

I like DC because of how easy it is to jump on a stablished series midway, and its characters keep being the same, with minor evolutions here and there. I like Marvel because of its stablished lore, Marvel has a defined continuity that you can read top to bottom and it makes (kinda) sense. DC just keeps rebooting everything after they are done and now they can't even decide which parts are canon or not. 

21 hours ago, Phil said:

I think there's an over saturation in cinema. I'm freaking sick of it. I really wish Failurewood would stop with the two for a good 10 years. Since Failurewood has completely run out of ideas, I seriously doubt I'll get the break I wish for.

There are only two movies I can think out of all Marvel and DC movies that really stand out: Deadpool and 1989 Batman. The first two X-men movies were just ok. Also, Heath Ledger was the only good thing out of the newer Batman movies.

The only medium appropriate for either is print or video games. Marvel vs DCU would be an awesome fighting game.

Nolan's trilogy runs fucking marathons around Tim Burton's 1989 flick. Far more faithful, for starters and understood the key to a good adaptation: recognizing the material without translating the untranslatable [Watchmen].

Seen Logan yet?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Superpet.png

Its hard to take DC seriously when they come up with stuff like this

Same here Krypto and Ace the Bat hound are enough for me. Beast Boy can turn into just about any animal as well. So the Legion of Super pets is a no go for me. 

Edited by marvelboy10
  • Like 1