Marvel vs DC The Ultimate Crossover

marvelboy10

19 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Superpet.png

Its hard to take DC seriously when they come up with stuff like this

8 minutes ago, marvelboy10 said:

Same here Krypto and Ace the Bat hound are enough for me. Beast Boy can turn into just about any animal as well. So the Legion of Super pets is a no go for me. 

The Pet Avengers have a bone to pick with you guys.

KFQlsSh.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullstomp said:

The Legion of Super-Pets in that pic is from 1962 right in the middle of the silver age.

It's hard to take most of the stuff from golden and silver age of comics seriously. Both Marvel and DC were focused on fun comedy stories over the super serious story of the current age of comics. Anytime things like the Superpets are brought up now, it's made to laugh at the absurdity of the golden and silver ages or for kid comics like Tiny Titans or The Super Hero Squad.

8 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

The Legion of Super-Pets in that pic is from 1962 right in the middle of the silver age.

It's hard to take most of the stuff from golden and silver age of comics seriously. Both Marvel and DC were focused on fun comedy stories over the super serious story of the current age of comics. Anytime things like the Superpets are brought up now, it's made to laugh at the absurdity of the golden and silver ages or for kid comics like Tiny Titans or The Super Hero Squad.

Say what you want about Super Hero Squad but that show played a good part in my childhood. I learned a lot about marvel characters and villains from that show. I mean just look at that art. 

Image result for Super Hero squad

Edited by marvelboy10

1 hour ago, hugglebunn-e said:

The Pet Avengers have a bone to pick with you guys.

KFQlsSh.jpg

OMG You got me. I truly had no idea about that. That's pretty shameful . . .

Wtf wasn't Lockjaw with the Inhumans, what the hell does he have to do with the Avengers?!?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

OMG You got me. I truly had no idea about that. That's pretty shameful . . .

Wtf wasn't Lockjaw with the Inhumans, what the hell does he have to do with the Avengers?!?

Just picking on you. Nothing at all to do with the Avengers, except if you put the word Avengers on a comic people are more likely to make a purchase. Similar to how DC has Batman appear in every comic.

I think there were three or maybe even four of these series. In the first Lockjaw is putting together a team to look for the Infinity Gems, spoiler alert they they find and give them to Mr. Fantastic and then disband. In the second series Throg feels bad, goes to another world/dimension and the team reassembles to find Throg. They are okay I guess, if I remember correctly they were mainly a silver age throwback. I think one of the trades may have had a Throg origin story, that I remember liking, so there is that.

16 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

The Legion of Super-pets were great. Back in the day, comics were for kids, after all.

14 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

...and why would you? There's nothing wrong with kid-friendly comics. One of the modern disasters of comics is that kids no longer read them. There's a reason that readership has declined immensely since those Golden and Silver Ages.

6 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

There are characters and stories that I enjoy from both DC and Marvel, but I give the edge to Marvel for one reason only. 

1792509-doom_final72.jpg

This picture is awesome. I <3 it. Oh and by the way...

Image result for Doctor doom approves

Edited by marvelboy10
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...