Lego Worlds

viaene96

I had always wanted a Lego minecraft alike game. I think Minecraft would had been a lot more enjoyable for a lot of players if it wasnt so...bland. I think a next generation Minecraft is in need.

19 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I had always wanted a Lego minecraft alike game. I think Minecraft would had been a lot more enjoyable for a lot of players if it wasnt so...bland. I think a next generation Minecraft is in need.

Years ago there was a Lego building game that allowed you to build and design your own sets digitally and have them manufactured and sent to your home. The service was shut down but it predated Minecraft by several years.

9 minutes ago, Nishikino Maki said:

Years ago there was a Lego building game that allowed you to build and design your own sets digitally and have them manufactured and sent to your home. The service was shut down but it predated Minecraft by several years.

That is amazing! I used to go to these stores by me like KMART and Target because they had like a kids area with legos....I couldnt afford too much Legos as a kid..now sets are even more expensive. It's crazy. That company must had charge an arm and leg for that service.

6 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

That is amazing! I used to go to these stores by me like KMART and Target because they had like a kids area with legos....I couldnt afford too much Legos as a kid..now sets are even more expensive. It's crazy. That company must had charge an arm and leg for that service.

The game itself was free, but yeah, having custom kits shipped to your home could cost over $200+, depending on the number of bricks used. I never had kits made, but I remember wasting hours of time every day as a kid just living my dream of building whatever I wanted.

The service was called Design byME. It was discontinued in 2012 and only had 8 kits ever made. The Lego Digital Designer game is still available to download, but no longer receives updates as of March 2016.

Fun fact: Digital Designer was one of the programs used to create The Lego Movie.

Edited by Nishikino Maki

• 9 months later...