Difficulties stack!

I never had PS2, so didn't play these games, but I'm a big fan of franchise from a viewer - lore reader standpoint. Regardless – my real question is – should I try to go 100% on proud lvl, or is easier to grind out the beginner mode? And also – can I clean up the trophies after finishing the main story? Thanks!

1 minute ago, Ironshell_thor said:

I never had PS2, so didn't play these games, but I'm a big fan of franchise from a viewer - lore reader standpoint. Regardless – my real question is – should I try to go 100% on proud lvl, or is easier to grind out the beginner mode? And also – can I clean up the trophies after finishing the main story? Thanks!

If you want an easy time, just do speedrun on easiest difficulty, same with doing all the other trophies. Then you can do hard later, There are some few hard things in the game you may want to avoid having to do on hard. IIRC, this is the game with some absolutely awful gummi ship trophies. The extra bosses and the Hercules world is among the hardest battle stuff, and are definitely easier on easy than on the hardest difficulty level. ;p

53 minutes ago, MMDE said:

If you want an easy time, just do speedrun on easiest difficulty, same with doing all the other trophies. Then you can do hard later, There are some few hard things in the game you may want to avoid having to do on hard. IIRC, this is the game with some absolutely awful gummi ship trophies. The extra bosses and the Hercules world is among the hardest battle stuff, and are definitely easier on easy than on the hardest difficulty level. ;p

A single awful trophy, and it was changed to 30 blueprints instead of all of them.

7 hours ago, MetalGearxSoul said:

Have fun trying to beat the game on Proud within 15 hours using the weakest weapon and no accessories, without using a continue :lol: (I've done all that on Proud, but not within 15 hours)

With that said, you'd most likely have to do 2 playthroughs of the game in some variation.

IF they didnt fix the "bug" from the ps3 version, you can also get the 15 hours trophy with a playtime between 100 and 115 hours since one the saving screen the colour is changing after 100 hoursd playtime but the timmer starts anew and the trophy didnt detect that and unlocked between 100 and 115 while only displaying ^sth between 1 and 15

also an advice for kh2 (isnt worth a new thread and both games comes in the bundle). I would definetly play a whole playthrough on easy, since doing lingering will and all the data battles on the highest difficulty is one of the hardest things I have ever done. After 100%ing it on easy I would do a  straight through critical run towards the plat

Edited by Blackbird4769

6 minutes ago, Blackbird4769 said:

IF they didnt fix the "bug" from the ps3 version, you can also get the 15 hours trophy with a playtime between 100 and 115 hours since one the saving screen the colour is changing after 100 hoursd playtime but the timmer starts anew and the trophy didnt detect that and unlocked between 100 and 115 while only displaying ^sth between 1 and 15

also an advice for kh2 (isnt worth a new thread and both games comes in the bundle). I would definetly play a whole playthrough on easy, since doing lingering will and all the data battles on the highest difficulty is one of the hardest things I have ever done. After 100%ing it on easy I would do a  straight through critical run towards the plat

I wouldn't leave the ps4 open for hours just to get a trophy.What MMDE suggested is the best IMO.Play all games on easy and get everything,then speedrun (i mean skip unnecessary things) on the hardest difficulty.This is what i'll do for KH1 and KH2 for sure.I don't know about CoM.I may be wrong but i think i read that you get less exp on proud,so the trophy for reaching level 99 will take more time than trying that on easy and the then clear proud.Also i'm skeptical about BBS. The only reason i would avoid doing everything on critical,is Terra vs MS. Everything else is easy even on critical.Maybe i'll give that a try

6 hours ago, MMDE said:

No I love me some challenge, I was just thinking does difficulty affect drop rates of gumi ship blueprints etc. My other question is – can I combine 15hour run on beginner without changing equipment and using continues? 

34 minutes ago, Ironshell_thor said:

No I love me some challenge, I was just thinking does difficulty affect drop rates of gumi ship blueprints etc. My other question is – can I combine 15hour run on beginner without changing equipment and using continues? 

Drop rates, not as far as I'm aware. Just armour/weapon strength. But there's maybe one blueprint drop you might have to go out of your way to grind out.

The second question, most likely yes. I haven't done the final battle, but I got to the last save point in about 6 hours in game time without changing gear or using a continue. Might need to grind a couple of levels, but I'm fairly certain it's entirely doable, even if you did all the levels.

2 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, I wonder if that's possible with Chain of Memories too. Having to play that 6 times is just ridiculous.

CoM seemed a lot shorter than regular KH, especially Rikku's campaign, so the 6 playthroughs is more reasonable than the 3 required for regular KH imo :P

I loved playing all 3 of regular KH and all 6 of CoM so I'm actually kinda disappointed I won't need to do that again. I may still do it for KH just to make the no death/speedrun/base equipment trophies easier if I decide to stack (still undecided on that. Fucking synthesis)

3 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, I wonder if that's possible with Chain of Memories too. Having to play that 6 times is just ridiculous.

I think it does, cause I checked out the trophies there too, and they had the same description, ''on 'difficulty' or lower''.

2 minutes ago, madbuk said:

CoM seemed a lot shorter than regular KH, especially Rikku's campaign, so the 6 playthroughs is more reasonable than the 3 required for regular KH imo :P

I loved playing all 3 of regular KH and all 6 of CoM so I'm actually kinda disappointed I won't need to do that again. I may still do it for KH just to make the no death/speedrun/base equipment trophies easier if I decide to stack (still undecided on that. Fucking synthesis)

But CoM is much more of a chore to complete due to the card system. 

I agree, the synthesis became so grindy with the new heartless materials.

2 minutes ago, evilartifact said:

I think it does, cause I checked out the trophies there too, and they had the same description, ''on 'difficulty' or lower''.

That's good to know.

10 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

But CoM is much more of a chore to complete due to the card system. 

o.. k.. *cough* gummi ship *cough* staff and shield with very low drop rate that you probably won't use *cough* synthesis *cough* Colosseum Cups *cough* annoying Optional Bosses. :P

anyway, it seems like you could plat the game in 1 run but it looked like it is more recommended/easier to play the game twice (or even thrice).

and let me say this: woohoo moar Ice Cream Beat :awesome:

16 minutes ago, JaM said:

o.. k.. *cough* gummi ship *cough* staff and shield with very low drop rate that you probably won't use *cough* synthesis *cough* Colosseum Cups *cough* annoying Optional Bosses. :P

anyway, it seems like you could plat the game in 1 run but it looked like it is more recommended/easier to play the game twice (or even thrice).

and let me say this: woohoo moar Ice Cream Beat :awesome:

Even with all that I still found CoM more annoying. Probably because I played KH1 dozens of times on the PS2 and retained the muscle memory.

I'm not getting BBS again. Doing the reports with all 3 characters is a huge waste of time.

I think I'm most ecstatic about the fact that you don't need to do KH1 Gummi missions 100% anymore. 

I really hated that shit so much, and I'm so glad I never have to do it again.

I'd rather run BBS again before doing KH1 if they didn't change that. REJOICE

On 3/7/2017 at 5:07 AM, MetalGearxSoul said:

Have fun trying to beat the game on Proud within 15 hours using the weakest weapon and no accessories, without using a continue :lol: (I've done all that on Proud, but not within 15 hours)

With that said, you'd most likely have to do 2 playthroughs of the game in some variation.

If you let the timer pass 50hrs it will restart back to 0 so u could actually beat it on proud mode with this, i read it on a guide that it works if you beat the game after the 50hrs 

2 hours ago, Chris-1341890 said:

If you let the timer pass 50hrs it will restart back to 0 so u could actually beat it on proud mode with this, i read it on a guide that it works if you beat the game after the 50hrs 

100 hours as mentioned some posts above yours. 50 hours would be way too common as it is easily passed in most Kingdom Hearts games.

• 1 month later...

Someone who's never played any Kingdom Hearts before here. 

Does the stacking of difficulties change anything about the suggested roadmap (as suggested by trophy guides about the PS3 version)? 

It still looks like for beginners, 3 playthroughs are necessary: One completionist playthrough on normal, one speedrun on easy without changing armour and without using continue, and one run on proud mode.

Would you say that it's possible to do all five requirements in 1 playthrough (taking into account that you get the speedrun trophy after 100 hours)?

Or would two playthroughs (one on easy doing all side quests, without changing armour, without using continue, passing 100 hours; one on Proud) be more advisable? 

Thanks in advance!

On 2017-04-11 at 6:37 AM, QuentinCle95 said:

Someone who's never played any Kingdom Hearts before here. 

Does the stacking of difficulties change anything about the suggested roadmap (as suggested by trophy guides about the PS3 version)? 

It still looks like for beginners, 3 playthroughs are necessary: One completionist playthrough on normal, one speedrun on easy without changing armour and without using continue, and one run on proud mode.

Would you say that it's possible to do all five requirements in 1 playthrough (taking into account that you get the speedrun trophy after 100 hours)?

Or would two playthroughs (one on easy doing all side quests, without changing armour, without using continue, passing 100 hours; one on Proud) be more advisable? 

Thanks in advance!

Why would you play through again on normal? After you do the speedrun/no equipment change/no continues on beginner just go and do everything else.

I did the speed run pretty slowly and still did it in 4 hours, and I did not choose the proper start at all. Chose Sword, which was a massive mistake. Had to beat the game without Leaf Bracer, no MP Rage either. Absolute nightmare combined with the Kingdom Key being terrible late game. Does no damage to anything, and since I chose sword my magic was shit too. Actually ended up splitting up speedster and the no equipment, because I needed to grind. Went through Hades Cup and that was enough boost to my stats/abilities to get me through with Kingdom Key. [accidentally continued with Maleficent, but I have a save prior on my other PS4 so I can go back before Hallow Bastion and go through again - and with real equipment this time].

Do two. Start with beginner, do all the requirements, then do 100% on it after you beat the game. Then run through on Proud. You have to backtrack for stuff anyway since you need glide and super jump for some of it. May as well just save it for later.

Edited by Elvick_

6 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Why would you play through again on normal? After you do the speedrun/no equipment change/no continues on beginner just go and do everything else.

I did the speed run pretty slowly and still did it in 4 hours, and I did not choose the proper start at all. Chose Sword, which was a massive mistake. Had to beat the game without Leaf Bracer, no MP Rage either. Absolute nightmare combined with the Kingdom Key being terrible late game. Does no damage to anything, and since I chose sword my magic was shit too. Actually ended up splitting up speedster and the no equipment, because I needed to grind. Went through Hades Cup and that was enough boost to my stats/abilities to get me through with Kingdom Key. [accidentally continued with Maleficent, but I have a save prior on my other PS4 so I can go back before Hallow Bastion and go through again - and with real equipment this time].

Do two. Start with beginner, do all the requirements, then do 100% on it after you beat the game. Then run through on Proud. You have to backtrack for stuff anyway since you need glide and super jump for some of it. May as well just save it for later.

Hmm, I didn't realise there was a post-game. The only thing that kindof turns me off about the roadmap you suggest, is that my very first playthrough would be a speedrun, which doesn't really sit well with how I like to play games. Also, since I haven't played the game yet, I have no idea what most of your second paragraph means lol. So the best starting equipment to choose is the Shield then?  

6 hours ago, QuentinCle95 said:

Hmm, I didn't realise there was a post-game. The only thing that kindof turns me off about the roadmap you suggest, is that my very first playthrough would be a speedrun, which doesn't really sit well with how I like to play games. Also, since I haven't played the game yet, I have no idea what most of your second paragraph means lol. So the best starting equipment to choose is the Shield then?  

Staff, you can get Defense and Strength up items [you get some when you start on beginner]. But you can't increase your base MP. Generally get rid of sword.

Do it how you want. I'm just telling you the most efficient way.

On 7/3/2017 at 1:21 PM, Blackbird4769 said:

really? 

does anyone know if it works on ps4?

can anyone confirm?