Performance vs PS4 version

madbuk

Having recently platinumed the PS4 version, and really enjoyed my time with it (despite it being the weakest Dragon Age game, imo), I decided to pick the PS3 version up on sale since it was ridiculously cheap (and DLC is cross-buy!)

To anyone who's played both versions, how poorly does this run in comparison? Obviously I'm not expecting it to be as smooth and pretty as the PS4 version, but I'm hoping it's at least on par with Origins and II. I've watched a few videos and the differences seem minor, but I'd appreciate some input from someone with first-hand experience just so I know what to expect.

I don't have first hand experience, but this video shows the performance differences between the current and last gen versions. 

It seems the PS4 is essentially locked to 30fps whereas the PS3 will sometimes dip into the high teens or low twenties. 

Parker

Not anything shocking.But i had two problems.One was in the last boss fight.On ps3 the game froze twice.I googled it and it happened to others so it's a thing.Also i experienced  a major frame rate drop when i entered the caves in Forbidden Oasis.It made the game unplayable so i skipped them (there is a Rift there)

• 2 months later...

I'm in a similar situation, I had a great time with this game in ps3 in early 2015, recently played dlc (for ps3 version) and it made me want ps4 version. For I can recall ps3 version crashed a lot (in comparison to other games I've played). Sadly ps4 version hasn't been patched for ps4 pro.