Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds will be released on May 16th (NA) / May 19th (EU)

Today Idea Factory International announced that the otome VN Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds will release in the west on May 16th (NA) / May 19th (EU):

According to some retailers like Amazon the game will also get a physical release in NA and EU. =)

EDIT:

Some info about the game via Gematsu:

The game is a remastered telling of the Hakuoki visual novel series first released in 2008. Its story is set in Kyoto and follows a young girl named Chizuru determined to find her father and who will romance famous samurai of Shinsengumi through a series of engaging stories and dramatic events along the way.

About

1863. As the end of the Bakumatsu period draws closer…

A lone Chizuru Yukimura travels from Edo to Kyoto in hopes of searching for her father who mysteriously vanished. As she ventures through the unfamiliar city in the dark of night, she is suddenly attacked by a gang of samurai. Amidst the chaos, a mysterious figure approaches her, hungry for the taste of blood.
As the threat of danger approaches, she is saved by none other than the Shinsengumi.

After their encounter, Chizuru lives with the men of the Shinsengumi to fulfill their common goal: seeking out her missing father.However, she slowly uncovers the Shinsengumi’s dark secret: The Furies. A group of men calling themselves “Demons” eventually confront the Shinsengumi, standing in opposition to their secret Fury identity.

Upon meeting these Demons, Chizuru is forced to come face to face with the secrets of her past. This story is about a girl who allies with the men of the Shinsengumi, who are struggling to uphold their faith in an era of rapid social change in Japan.

Key Features

• 12 Handsome Bachelors – Fall in love as these 12 bachelors battle for your heart in this historical fantasy!
  • Over 80 Hours of Romance – With over 30 different endings, immerse yourself in the world of Hakuoki through its compelling tale of romance, friendship, and betrayal!
  • Beauty at Your Fingertips – Fluid animation and vibrant art breathes life into this climatic era in Japan’s history! Then, view all of the art in a gorgeous photo gallery.

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/hakuoki-kyoto-winds-launches-may-16-north-america-may-19-europe

Edited by Crimson Idol

Nice, I'll probably pick this up at some point. I'm not all that familiar with the series, but is this related to Stories of the Shinsengumi on PS3? As in do I need to play that one to fully appreciate Kyoto Winds? If so, I guess I should play that one first.

Well the news of the Western release was out sinc emonth, now is even teh date :)

Good i guess, there is even the anime of Hakuoki still, another Otome, why, i can't believe every single Galge on Vita Costs Bilions to take here and see how it goes....

oooh... few months to go. Stories of the Shinsengumi is my very first Otome VN and I liked it. Would definitely get this, not on Day 1 though :| Been seeing a copy of the Japanese version but they're too expensive, hope it is not the same case with the localized one :|

4 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Nice, I'll probably pick this up at some point. I'm not all that familiar with the series, but is this related to Stories of the Shinsengumi on PS3? As in do I need to play that one to fully appreciate Kyoto Winds? If so, I guess I should play that one first.

According to several sites Kyoto Winds seems to be some kind of remastered version of the first Hakuoki which was released back in 2008 so I assume there's no need to know the one which was released on PS3:

The game is a remastered telling o the Hakuoki visual novel series first released in 2008. Its story is set in Kyoto and follows a young girl named Chizuru determined to find her father and who will romance famous samurai of Shinsengumi through a series of engaging stories and dramatic events along the way.

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/hakuoki-kyoto-winds-launches-may-16-north-america-may-19-europe

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

According to several sites Kyoto Winds seems to be some kind of remastered version of the first Hakuoki which was released back in 2008 so I assume there's no need to know the one which was released on PS3:

Good to know, thanks for the info! I'll probably still play the one on PS3 at some point, but I much prefer VN's on handheld.

10 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

It's a remake of the PS3 one + 6 additional routes(3 routes for characters introduced in the PS3 game -woohoo Yamazaki route and 3 routes for new characters - woohoo OnoD). 

oh, ninja'd by TC xD

Edited by JaM

Just now, JaM said:

It's a remake of the PS3 one + 6 additional routes(3 routes for characters introduced in the PS3 game -woohoo Yamazaki route and 3 routes for new characters - woohoo OnoD). 

Oh, it is? I assumed it was a remake of an older game. That's cool, I guess I don't need to play the one on PS3 after all then. :D

Also, is it just me, or are there waaaay more VN's getting localised involving romantic relationships with dudes than ones with girls?

6 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Oh, it is? I assumed it was a remake of an older game. That's cool, I guess I don't need to play the one on PS3 after all then. :D

I think even the PS3 one is a port of a PS2 version or something :P

Edited by JaM

Just now, Satoshi Ookami said:

Of course, because obviously VNs are only for fujoshi :/

Well, it's IFI, they for some reason only want otome.

That's pretty strange to me. I mean it seems like most people who are buying these games are guys anyway. :lol: Otome VN's are cool and everything, but I wouldn't mind some dating sims and such involving the opposite sex every now and then. :P As far as I can tell, localised ones are almost non-existent on PlayStation platforms.

16 minutes ago, JaM said:

oh, ninja'd by TC xD

OMG, that sounds confusing. So the upcoming Vita-game is a remake of the PS3-version which is a remake of the original PS2/PSP-game? :unsure: 

8 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

OMG, that sounds confusing. So the upcoming Vita-game is a remake of the PS3-version which is a remake of the original PS2/PSP-game? :unsure: 

yeah.. sort of.. kinda confusing somehow, well, not the first game to do it *looks at KH*. I think because they can't really make a sequel or even a prequel for the series cause of the plot therefore they just have to remake the game *shrug*

Edited by JaM

• 1 month later...