Question about "Neon Swagger" trophy

MStalker58

So...after repeatedly getting my ass kicked by the bosses, I decided to take a look at some of the miscellaneous trophies and I have a question about the "Neon Swagger" trophy. The guides say different things and aren't very clear on the requirements. One says that you have to set your armor to max level and walk through the portal path to the next boss with it on high. Another says the trophy is related to beating one phase of a boss without taking damage. 

After beating a boss, I clicked :triangle: 3 times to set my armor to high and tried walking through the portal. However, it turned off when I walked through so I turned it back on and continued on to the next boss. No trophy. Next, I tried beating one phase or health bar of a boss without getting hit but still no trophy. Can anyone clarify the requirements for this trophy or offer any guidance? 

Honestly I got this by accident so I'm just throwing ideas around, but part of me wants to believes that if you complete a phase without getting hit, your armor should be at it's highest level, then just complete the next phase after that without getting hit? Or maybe it has something to do with how fast you're completing each phase? You'll probably get this by accident anyways by the end of your multiple runs, so I wouldn't worry about it unless you somehow don't have it after doing everything else.

• Like 1

Ok forget what I said earlier, but triangle literally has no input command at ranged and close combat mode, so wtf?

I strongly recommend you fight The Edge

- (S1) First Phase only

- (S2) Manage to charge up orange armor

- (S3) Never get hit (otherwise repeat S2), parry all his attacks, then strike him once during his opening right when youre fully charged with orange and green armor.

The orange armor will OHKO him first round/phase. And the orange armor will be hidden under the prioritized green armor, if you werent hit. Trophy might pop after that phase. If not then come back here. (Otherwise, I think its one of those perfect rounds/whole fight trophies. Im remembering bit by bit gradually.)

Edited by Mar
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I'm not too worried since I just started the game but I was confused. I'll try these tips out as I play the game and report back on what worked for me. 

In the meantime, now I'm having a problem getting the "Breakout" trophy (for breaking all of The Line's shields before hitting him) to pop. I've carefully done it 4-5 times now and no trophy. Looking at some videos and other forums, it seems some other people had this problem and had to make sure they broke all shields in the same layer before damaging any of the shields in a different layer. Going to try that and hopefully it works. 

EDIT: So I tried the one layer at a time method. 99.9% sure that I did it correct and still no trophy. I decided to shut off my console and completely restart the entire thing. Did the exact same thing (destroying shields one layer at a time) and the trophy popped. If this trophy is buggy for anyone else, try that and hopefully it works.

On 3/7/2017 at 8:58 PM, Mar said:

Ok forget what I said earlier, but triangle literally has no input command at ranged and close combat mode, so wtf?

I was just going by what was stated in the guide. One of the guides on this site (there are 2) and the guide from another site both say this:

To make the armor glow at maximum level all you have to do is press the Triangle18x18.png button three times. You will notice the armor's glowing effect increases each time you press it. Once it's at maximum level you're ready to get the trophy. You will need to maintain the glow at maximum level for the entire phase. so after you beat a boss set your armor at maximum level then walk through the portal. Keep it like this until you enter the next portal. Once you enter it the trophy will pop. 

I don't know. That's why I was confused because that didn't work. :dunno:Think that your description sounds more correct so I'll try that out. I'll let you know if it worked or not when I get a chance. Thanks for the help. 

Edited by MStalker58
Solution for "Breakout" trophy bug
  • Like 1

A quick update to confirm what worked for me. Basically, you have to complete 2 phases (life bars) of a boss without getting hit. Well, I'm not entirely sure that you have to do the first phase without getting hit but probably best to be on the safe side. Regardless, once you raise your armor to max by the end of the 1st phase, just complete the next phase without getting hit and the trophy will pop. As recommended by @Mar, I fought The Edge for this since his first 2 phases are fairly easy once you learn the rhythm. 

Also edited my previous post to update my solution for the "Breakout" trophy. Hopefully this helps anyone who might stumble upon this thread after having issues with either trophy. Thanks everyone for the tips and helping clarify the trophy requirements. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
On 11-4-2019 at 3:32 PM, Spaz said:

I can help confirm that you need to get an entire phase without getting hit with the armor up to max light.

Doing Practice Mode is probably the best way to get this trophy. I just got it against The Chain who is the easiest boss in the game.

By a "stage", do you mean "1 health bar"? And also, how do you get it in practice mode when you can only turn on your armour light during walking sections (triangle during bosses just does the same as square)? Does armour powered up by holding R in a direction count as well? 

14 hours ago, QuentinCle95 said:

By a "stage", do you mean "1 health bar"? And also, how do you get it in practice mode when you can only turn on your armour light during walking sections (triangle during bosses just does the same as square)? Does armour powered up by holding R in a direction count as well? 

There seem to be two ways to obtain this trophy, though it has been a while since I played the game so take this with caution. 

• Press :triangle: three times during a walking section, then defeat a boss without taking damage. 
  • Defeat any boss without taking damage and while parrying their attacks instead of dodging. 

The second way can be obtained in practice mode, which is what @Spaz was probably referring to. I think "The Edge" is probably the easiest to get this against if you want to do this in practice mode, as his attacks are easy to parry. 

• 3 weeks later...

This was literally the first trophy I got in the game, so I guarantee you don’t need to beat a boss without taking damage.

On 3/22/2020 at 11:25 AM, QuentinCle95 said:

By a "stage", do you mean "1 health bar"? 

I can only comment on the first boss, but I think there a “stage” just means one round (both shooting and melee).

Edited by starcrunch061