SNACH2497

Beat The Game Without Abilities glitched?

18 posts in this topic

So is this trophy glitched or is getting this trophy just really difficult? There's multiple people with 12 of this game's trophies, but not the "Beat The Game Without Abilities" trophy. Can anyone help provide any info? Thanks.

I've been wondering that too

TrueAchievements tracks 2607 Xbox users with the game, and 38 of them have unlocked the achievement. So people are/were getting it on the Xbox version, which means it's not necessarily the difficulty stopping people from unlocking it. Although I do think the rarity is 0.1% on PSN, so maybe the people with the trophy just haven't been found by PSNP.

Looking at the comments over there, the game does seem to have its fair share of problems. Game crashes when defeating the final boss, trucks getting stuck in places they're not meant to, and RNG deciding whether you can complete a level or not. Wouldn't be surprised if there are bugs unique to the PS4 version that make it even harder.

I beat the game with no abilities a couple of days ago, can confirm it's achievable.  Just very difficult!  Most of the game was quite simple, There was one Sci Fi World level 7-5 or 7-6 which was a little glitched (had invisible walls forcing the trucks to come to a stop hence making the jump to the next section next to impossible.)  The biggest obstacle was by far the boss.  It was just a matter of finding a path you were comfortable taking as well as remaining calm.  most of the videos on Youtube are different to the PS4 version but it is very hard to jump and look around making the slightest of adjustments can cause failure.  I wish we could bind jump to a shoulder button.  It just takes practice and patience.  I spent roughly 4-5 hours all up in attempts to beat the boss but it sure felt like more!

If you ever get the game good luck!

On 3/17/2017 at 8:31 AM, Ocean_Raptor said:

I beat the game with no abilities a couple of days ago, can confirm it's achievable.  Just very difficult!  Most of the game was quite simple, There was one Sci Fi World level 7-5 or 7-6 which was a little glitched (had invisible walls forcing the trucks to come to a stop hence making the jump to the next section next to impossible.)  The biggest obstacle was by far the boss.  It was just a matter of finding a path you were comfortable taking as well as remaining calm.  most of the videos on Youtube are different to the PS4 version but it is very hard to jump and look around making the slightest of adjustments can cause failure.  I wish we could bind jump to a shoulder button.  It just takes practice and patience.  I spent roughly 4-5 hours all up in attempts to beat the boss but it sure felt like more!

If you ever get the game good luck!

I can add on to this. 

I agree this is just insanely hard. I've only gotten to the third phase of the boss with almost the same amount of time put in. A lot of videos online have shorter versions of the boss, where the developers said they patched it due to the fact that the previous length of the boss did not match a game with the difficulty and randomness of the game. I do not think the PS4 version has been patched (although I gave up on it a while ago.) I'll shoot them another email.

Thanks to you both for providing info to us all. Gonna heed these tips when I get around to playing this game.

Well... just got the trophy but not in a normal way. Im practiced the last level for 4-5 hour managed to get to the secound half of the laser round with no problem and then one of my runs bugged and at the secound hit on the button killed the boss befor the laser phase... but got no trophy... then i bought my first ability reloaded the bossfight stage and there something crazy happend everything blown up trucks flying everywhere i failed the level instantly but the no ability trophy popped! Im happy becouse i finaly got it and i worked for it but sad becouse a bug or i dont know what ruined it.

Edited by fino_hun

It is glitched. I just completed the game without unlocking or using any abilities and the trophy did not pop. Yay.

Edited by tarutataru

On 6/4/2017 at 11:25 AM, midgetstrawdog said:

@Ocean_Raptor

@fino_hun

@tarutataru

Any tips on the 7-5 jump? I have spent about 3 hours trying so far and I just cannot make it

you have to sit on a truck as it falls down the first hole then run and jump off at the very last second, just as falls off the edge of the first hole

it's very difficult but not impossible

Edited by tarutataru

The new patch they released today.  Since to boss fight little bit harder I think 

Well I just got the trophy (and boy was that last level ridiculously hard) and it wasn't glitched for me, however I did read elsewhere that you need to have at least 1 ability equipped when you beat the game in order for it to work and that's what I did. So make sure that anyone else who attempts this does the same, and good luck to you because it took a lot out of me and I was so close to giving up numerous times.

shaneyboy619.png

Just got the trophy today 😀!

I think 7-5 is terrible, some trucks were really slow before the last jump. I did do a boss skip on 9-10 and man I was lucky. Got it filmed so I might post it someday.

It is glitched but there are a few things you can do to prevent it:

- All abilities have to be unequipped

- You have to have at least one ability purchased

Some tips:

- You can do the levels in any order you prefer after you have beaten the game.

- You are allowed to exit the game because your progress will be saved per level.

- Only 1-1 through 9-10 have to be beaten for the trophy, not the extra chapters.

The trophy didn't pop after I had done everything, I replayed level 1-1 without abilities and the Pure trophy popped afterwards!

Edited by A1rPun

I can confirm there is an issue.  Just finished with no ability use and no trophy.  

---

Deleted save and re-played whole game, trophy popped.   My best guess is don't even buy the abilities until after you complete the campaign.

Edited by Hideoki_AU

As mentioned, it is definitely glitched. 

Here's What I Did

-Beat World 1 in order to gain enough points to purchase an ability. 

-I purchased an ability and did not equip it.

-I then restarted from the beginning without using abilities. 

The trophy didn't pop for me when I beat the final boss, but it did pop when I replayed level 1-1 without abilities. 

This game is heavily RNG dependent which can get really frustrating at times, especially during that boss fight. For the final boss there is a huge skip that still works on version 1.02. It essentially skips the laser sections, which makes this much easier as long as you don't mess up under pressure. 

Here is the skip...

So i have used an ability for one of the trophies. I it in one of those cyper space levels from what I remember. Am I stuffed or would I be good to keep going

On 3/23/2017 at 3:50 PM, fino_hun said:

Well... just got the trophy but not in a normal way. Im practiced the last level for 4-5 hour managed to get to the secound half of the laser round with no problem and then one of my runs bugged and at the secound hit on the button killed the boss befor the laser phase... but got no trophy... then i bought my first ability reloaded the bossfight stage and there something crazy happend everything blown up trucks flying everywhere i failed the level instantly but the no ability trophy popped! Im happy becouse i finaly got it and i worked for it but sad becouse a bug or i dont know what ruined it.

Thank you so much for this info!!!! I just beat the game with no abilities and the trophy didn’t pop and I was very saddened, so I decided to look around and saw this comment and tried what you did and sure enough it worked! Thank you so much again cause I’ve had this game stuck at 71% for the longest time!

thanks everyone for the input...

the game is actually at a discount price of $4.49; after the summer sales, August 23, 2020.

there seems to be some fun in it, let's try!