DR2: Data Miner trophy.

Beyondthegrave07

I've been collecting trophies from dead rising 2 and according to multiple sites, this trophy (data miner) is viral if you play with a host who has this trophy, is this true? I played with my friend a ton of times and never got this trophy! (surely he had to host it once...but who knows). I don't think they would have patched it, but I guess it's possible and we played all the time obout a year and a half ago. So if it was patched, it would've had to have been a while back. if it is viral (as I assume it still is), someone please add me and host a match with me please! It would be much appreciated!

PSN ID: Beyondthegrave07

First of all let me establish this fact: the trophy is not viral. You've obviously confused it for a viral trophy and that is your fatal mistake here. I'll explain: One person has to unlock the trophy by fulfilling its requirements, which I have done and I can safely say is very time-consuming. Now, if that person hosts a co-op game and someone joins the game, that someone will unlock 'Data Miner' as a result of the host having all the survivors in his notebook. Simple as that.

The guy who hosts the game doesn't only have to have the trophy, but has to fulfill the trophy requirements. So if you are playing with someone who just got the trophy from somebody else without fulfilling the requirements you won't get the trophy from them.

Thank you, That makes complete sense! Leave it to wiki and PS3trophies.org for not specifying

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Actually it is somewhat viral. I got the trophy from a friend and then I beat the story with him in co open then by myself trying to get kills. Then I invited another friend and he got the trophy instantaneously. So my conclusion is that you got to beat the game in order for it to go viral to another user as I never rescued all survivors or psychopaths. Either that or we just got lucky and I filled the blanks.