Future Red Dead Redemption 2 DLC Discussion

12 minutes ago, FilthieRich said:

I pray they do not release another "zombie" DLC and have the same hack happen. I am having the toughest time getting the remaining trophies due to crashes. It is very frustrating. :angry:

I hope they do, or at least some other story based dlc and the crashes shouldnt be a thing on ps4. Crashes were mainly ps3 problem (even though i didnt encountered that many of them) it wasnt mostly the game failure

46 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

If Red Dead Online happens and it has the same level of support as GTA:O it'll be excellent indeed.

Support =/= excellence. GTAO is shit with crappy payouts, overpriced content and damn near pay to win levels of microtransactions, not to mention tye absolute infection that is the playerbase

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FilthieRich said:

I pray they do not release another "zombie" DLC and have the same hack happen. I am having the toughest time getting the remaining trophies due to crashes. It is very frustrating. :angry:

We won't see any kind of DLC roadmap just yet.

2 hours ago, FilthieRich said:

Why would the new one crash? What a silly post.

4 hours ago, monseiurpatty said:

Why would the new one crash? What a silly post.

Did you read the post? I said I hope it doesn't get hacked like RDR did and it causes series of crashes on the next installment. 

4 hours ago, monseiurpatty said:

6 hours ago, Azaan60 said:

We know jackshit about the game, not even a release date and there's already a DLC discussion thread lol. Let's wait a bit first.

This thread is to discuss what you hope the future content may be so I don't think there's a problem with it but whatever floats your boat. 

6 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

This feels like its a bit premature... AFAIK they haven't said a thing about DLC for the game yet. 

My guess though would be that we're going to see Read Dead Online, because GTAO makes them so much money they'd be crazy not to try and make lightning strike twice. 

Personally, I really enjoyed Zombies but whatever. 

I enjoyed the Zombie DLC as well until the hack happened and multiplayer became screwed. I just hope that it doesn't happen on the new installment so we can enjoy it to the fullest.

Edited by FilthieRich

20 hours ago, Nishikino Maki said:

Support =/= excellence. GTAO is shit with crappy payouts, overpriced content and damn near pay to win levels of microtransactions, not to mention tye absolute infection that is the playerbase

• 'Support =/= excellence.' Good community and content support does not solely determine excellence. But it is a irrefutably a significant contributor to it overall.
  • 'GTAO is shit...' - That's a subjective opinion, which you are entitled to believe based on your own experience
  • '..with crappy payouts...' - It honestly isn't hard to make money in this game with some perseverance and skill.
  • '...overpriced content...' - Not sure what you mean here? the base game? expansions? Stuff you can fully and completely optionally buy in-game? I just bought the game and have full access to all of the gameplay. Are there expansions and content I don't know about?
  • '..damn near pay to win levels of microtransactions...' Again, not sure what you mean here. I've haven't struggled to progress or had to buy any of the in-game currency to succeed. I've won things, i've lost things.
  • '..not to mention tye absolute infection that is the playerbase..' - Two hours in a public lobby and i agree somewhat. However, my experiences with it have been wholly positive. Granted i've been playing it with a core group of people outside of those 2 hours, but in that sense i've found the gameplay to be really fun. Also, I consider to be part of the playerbase too, along with my circle of friends. We've never perpetuated the infection you quoted - generalizing was never really an accurate way to approach things whether it be in gaming terms or real life. I'm sure that there are multiple idiots in the playerbase, but there are also decent ones too.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

• 'Support =/= excellence.' Good community and content support does not solely determine excellence. But it is a irrefutably a significant contributor to it overall.
  • 'GTAO is shit...' - That's a subjective opinion, which you are entitled to believe based on your own experience
  • '..with crappy payouts...' - It honestly isn't hard to make money in this game with some perseverance and skill.
  • '...overpriced content...' - Not sure what you mean here? the base game? expansions? Stuff you can fully and completely optionally buy in-game? I just bought the game and have full access to all of the gameplay. Are there expansions and content I don't know about?
  • '..damn near pay to win levels of microtransactions...' Again, not sure what you mean here. I've haven't struggled to progress or had to buy any of the in-game currency to succeed. I've won things, i've lost things.
  • '..not to mention tye absolute infection that is the playerbase..' - Two hours in a public lobby and i agree somewhat. However, my experiences with it have been wholly positive. Granted i've been playing it with a core group of people outside of those 2 hours, but in that sense i've found the gameplay to be really fun. Also, I consider to be part of the playerbase too, along with my circle of friends. We've never perpetuated the infection you quoted - generalizing was never really an accurate way to approach things whether it be in gaming terms or real life. I'm sure that there are multiple idiots in the playerbase, but there are also decent ones too.

In the actual game, the stuff you can buy with the money you earn is ridiculously expensive. Granted I haven't played GTAO in over a year (and never intend to return) and at the time it had garbage payouts for too much work.