Annoying Glitch :(

Lady Blanc

Upon starting a new save for Dragon's Dogma, I got to the point where I create my main pawn but when I finalise the creation and equip her with the weapon and armour I had bought beforehand, I notice her abnormally low HP and defensive stats. Her HP was only a measly 67 (should have been at 400, since that's the mage's starting HP), and her defensive stats were only half of what they should have been. Luckily, my Arisen is a Fighter so she is capable of fighting solo.

Now at level 10, her HP is only 199, compared to my Arisen's 720 HP, who is only 1 level higher and her defensive stats aren't half of that of my Arisen. I can't see my pawn being rated very well in the 'Helpfulness' category.

Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, does anyone know the cause of this frustrating glitch? (I doubt there's any solution other than starting over again, but I don't see the point, since it's inconsequential due to how little progress I've made.)

Edited by Blanc_WhiteHeart

What mode are you playing? The harder modes cripple pawn HP.

I am playing it on Normal, and no (I don't mean to sound rude here), Hard mode does not affect the pawns at all (I'd love to know why Hard mode only affects the player), Hard mode only increases the amount of damage the player takes and increases the rate of stamina consumption. When I played through Hard mode on my previous save, my pawn had normal HP and was only taking normal damage, so enemies that would one-hit-kill my character were only scratching my pawn. I'm just curious, where did you get that information on Hard mode?

I also did a check earlier today, all of my pawn's stats (with stamina being the exception, that stat is actually what it should be at) are below half of what they should be, effectively making my pawn a level 7 Mage with a level 2's HP and a level 22's stamina.