New dlc trophies...

NCSFan001

Visit another player's base? I don't like the sound of that, aren't there like 18 quintillion planets?

I also don't like the sound of making two whole journeys to the center of the universe.

I just don't like the sound of having to play more of this game at all, really :(

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

I maybe traveled 20% distance on my platinum run so when I get to the Centre do I get one of those trophies?

Not unless you were playing in Survival mode. Permadeath was added this update,  Survival last update. 

32 minutes ago, Gage said:

Not unless you were playing in Survival mode. Permadeath was added this update,  Survival last update. 

Ok just to be 100% sure and not wasting 100hours for nothing. I started the game on release date so non of the get into the Centre trophies works for me.

40 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

Ok just to be 100% sure and not wasting 100hours for nothing. I started the game on release date so non of the get into the Centre trophies works for me.

No, you have to start new game saves in survival and permadeath mode for their respective trophies. What original release saves are classified as is "normal" mode. 

As long as you can save scum permadeth, it wouldn't be that big of an issue since the game saves so frequently. I find it hard to believe that saving would be disabled.

3 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

Visit another player's base? I don't like the sound of that, aren't there like 18 quintillion planets?

I just started the game the other day and there was a discovered solar system nearby where it started me. I have a feeling there will be some type of teleportation or way to get to a players base. I doubt they would have went through the work of the Foundation update if it was going to be nearly impossible for someone to see your base.

I plat'd it without the base building update installed, I have no interest in building a base or viewing someone else's base.

But I needed an excuse to try to play this game again, so this will have to do. If my save is still on there (changed hard drives, only backed up shit I play a lot), I should be able to buy a ship easily. Hoping building a little exocraft won't take too much effort because I love the idea of driving around on planets but as I said before, I have no interest in base building.

People was bitching about the game being so lame, well, there you go: one hardcore trophy, enjoy.

BTW, according to the release notes, it is a pseudo-perma-death, e.g., if you die you restart on the nearest planet, apparently on the same system you're currently on, meaning that you can keep your progress towards the center, but it seems you lose EVERYTHING.

Platinum'ed the game near released and have since traded it in (when it was actually worth something).

No desire to pick up another copy or give the DLC a try - especially the 2 trophies for reaching the centre of the galaxy considering how mind-numbingly boring & grindy it got.

Are Survival and Permadeath something like Hard and Very Hard modes or completely different types of difficulty? Maybe playing through on Permadeath will also unlock the trophy for Survival if they are stackable.

Like I said on the status update that notified me of this DLC...

Reach the center in permadeath mode, really?

First of all, asses. I would have been fine with playing the game again if I could find someone willing to trade it (should be easy) but not going to bother with playing through a permadeath mode.

Second, adding such a trophy hopefully means that there actually is something at the center now... Too bad I'm not going to play it myself because of the aforementioned permadeath mode.

I've got too many good games in my possession that I have yet to finish and that have a lot of exploring to offer (Zelda: Breath Of The Wild, Witcher III and Fallout 4...), I have games finished that I want to do more in (Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Grand Theft Auto IV and V...) and I have many undoubtedly awesome games still to buy (Horizon Zero Dawn, South Park, Yooka-Laylee, Super Mario Odyssey...), so I really should not be spending time on No Man's Sky just because they added a few trophies.