Platinum Difficulty?

I like Pac-Man and this game does look cool. I've rarely played the franchise and I'm not really that good at getting high scores in games. I'm down for a challenge, but not if it will make me lose my shit. Should I go for the platinum?

• Like 3

Of course you should go for the :platinum:  :lol:. It's a very fun game but if you are a completionist be beware that there are several ultra hard trophies in the game that require lots of skill and practice. 

I speak from own experiences and I always go for the 100% in a game. I'm very happy with the game although I know that it will take a very long time for ME to complete the game. Getting high ranks is the big problem. They are timed and the patterns are doable , but it are the parts where you need to eat ghosts we're you'll most likely lose valuable time. 

Anyways, I would just buy it and enjoy the game (^_^ ) 

• Like 1

Probably 8-9/10 due to the absurd requirement for the adventure mode trophies (Being perfect on every level on the hardest difficulty). Because it's luck based, it can get rather cheap even on the first few levels, so the score-attack bits are better for quick plays IMO since they're focused on scores. That being said, getting S ranks will be just as hair pulling.

Edited by TheDreaminHawk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I would personally give it a solid 8.5/10 difficulty. The score attack trophies are manageable, as long as you’re quick enough. The rarest trophy is the sole reason for the high difficulty rating. The first 5 areas on Pro difficulty can be cheap occasionally, but nothing too bad. However, Area 6 will make or break your platinum, as some levels will require an intimate understanding of it and near flawless execution in order to pass on Pro difficulty, most notably being 6-4. As a reference, I passed 6-4 with less than a second left on the clock, and I didn’t make a lot of mistakes.

If the Adventure 4 trophy didn’t exist, it would probably be a 4-5 out of 10 difficulty. However, don’t be too intimidated, as this is a very fun game, (in my opinion), and it’s a very rewarding platinum!

• Like 4

On 3/30/2017 at 6:46 PM, mikey-72 said:

Dude what are you saying? It's not luck based.

It is absolutely luck based. Not in the sense that you can luck your way into finishing it - you have to have skill - but you can absolutely get screwed out of a perfect run by the random behavior of the trains in level 6 aka the one where the game just completely ignores all of its own rules. 

Edited by ONUOsFan
  • Like 3

• 10 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 9:27 PM, ONUOsFan said:

It is absolutely luck based. Not in the sense that you can luck your way into finishing it - you have to have skill - but you can absolutely get screwed out of a perfect run by the random behavior of the trains in level 6 aka the one where the game just completely ignores all of its own rules. 

Lol it's not luck base I remember reading this forum about a month ago or so before playing the game I'm saying this from personal experience the plat was challenging but not too hard