Hannibal's Backlog & Plats

FFHannibal

Couldn't help myself in the EU sale(s), so that means I get to add 10 games to my backlog right now -_-.

PS3:

• Hitman: Blood Money
  • Hitman: Contracts
  • Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
  • Tomb Raider

PS4:

• Borderlands 2
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  • Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
  • Rocket League
  • Sheltered
  • Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FFHannibal said:

Couldn't help myself in the EU sale(s), so that means I get to add 10 games to my backlog right now -_-.

PS3:

• Hitman: Blood Money
  • Hitman: Contracts
  • Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
  • Tomb Raider

PS4:

• Borderlands 2
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  • Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
  • Rocket League
  • Sheltered
  • Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

You have a lot of great games in your backlog and I wish you the best. I recently ended up getting Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime and it's a pretty good game. 

• Like 1

On 10-3-2017 at 3:25 PM, J2V89 said:

You have a lot of great games in your backlog and I wish you the best. I recently ended up getting Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime and it's a pretty good game. 

Thanks :) The main reason I got Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime was that my little sister said it was interesting and she liked it. Usually she doesn't really like to play Playstation because she doesn't like the controls, but so far we've had some good fun with LiaDS.

#14 BlazeRush (PS3)

L9841b0.png

Date obtained: 12/03/2017

Rarity: Rare

Enjoyment: 7.5/10

I 'accidentally' got all trophies for BlazeRush during the Kill Your Completion event. Completely missing the point of the event too, because my completion rate when up (though it's still lower than when I started). I've written a tiny review in the thread over in Community Events, etc. for those that'd like to read it.

10 hours ago, acetryhard said:

Looks great although it seems weird that you kind of kept jumping back and forth between the PS3 and PS4 console.

Do you mean with the plats and 100% I have? If so, both consoles are very easily accessible to me (right next to each other), so I tend to switch a lot between them because I only have to (un)plug the HDMI cable from my screen.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FFHannibal said:

Do you mean with the plats and 100% I have? If so, both consoles are very easily accessible to me (right next to each other), so I tend to switch a lot between them because I only have to (un)plug the HDMI cable from my screen.

No I was just wondering why your games kept switching from current to last gen and you explained it thank you 

• Like 1

I also swap back and forth from console. The idea was to complete my PS3 backlog before I bought a PS4, but I found a great offer I couldn't refuse at the local gaming store. So now I have a big backlog of both consoles. Same as Hannibal, my PS3 and PS4 are next to eachother and both have an HDMI cable plugged in in the TV. I just turn on the controller and everything else follows. I kinda like it to switch back and forth from last gen to current gen.

@FFHannibal Nice backlog btw. :P

• Like 1

#20 Amnesia: Memories (Vita)

Memories Returned

Collected every trophy in the game

1Lb8d63a.png

Date obtained: 19/03/2017

Rarity: Uncommon

Enjoyment: 2/10

I finished Amnesia: Memories, again kinda missing the point of the KYC event. The main reason I completed it is because I needed the space on my Vita (4GB memory card -_-) and if you want to read my thoughts about the game, you can read a more in-depth review here.

On 3/15/2017 at 6:15 AM, FFHannibal said:

lol i do the same mate :) nothing wrong with that

this checklist looks nice im looking to making my own so im checking out others to see what they put in them and seeing if i can take a little from what i see, nice work mate

• Like 1

So I managed to get my third plat of the month, this list is already turning out to have been a good idea. The last (main game) trophy I need was the one for completing 10 Epic quests. I thought I'd have to wait a few days to pick up an Epic one, I thought I was closer to 5 or 6 completed quests, but it turns out the last one I had in my list was the tenth so pretty happy about that :). I've got one DLC trophy left now, it's the one for defeating a Boss Hunt on Crazy though so I might not get it for a while. There is a new Boss Hunt in a few days so it kinda depends on whether that's an easy one or not :hmm:.

#21 Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (PS4)

Platinum

Get all trophies

1L5795e4.png

Date obtained: 27/03/2017

Enjoyment: 10/10

Edited by FFHannibal

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the interest and suggestions so far. I've got another game I can remove from the backlog, though I've added April's PS+ games so it didn't do much :P. I might remove some of them if I try them out and I really, really don't like them. I've had NFS in my backlog for almost 3 years, granted I only really started trophy hunting about a year and half ago, but I kept playing a little bit and then putting it away again for months. It's also not one of the games I specifically bought, it's one my brother wanted to play but I ended up trying it out too and it was fun enough to go for the platinum. I did have quite a few rage moments throughout playing it this last week (especially the racer career) and I did end up really happy that I did the cop career last because it's so much easier and faster. The game does get a bit repetitive after a while and I don't really get how someone could've completed the entire game in 4 something hours but I guess I'm just a really shitty driver :dunno:.

#22 Need for Speed: Rivals (PS3)

Platinum Trophy

Earn all Need for Speed2122.png Rivals Trophies

1L414dae.png

Date obtained: 04/04/2017

Rarity: Very Rare

Enjoyment: 6.5/10

I'm a bit on a PS3 kick right now and I'm thinking of either finishing Far Cry 3 or trying out/platting the Invizimals PS+ title.

Welp, that didn't take long. I finished Invizimals in about 3 days and I think I played a total of around 12 hours. It's an easy game and pretty straightforward. It's very much an 'old' platformer, so prepare to die more from falling/jumping off things then combat.The most annoying trophies are the collectible ones, no surprise there, but if you start the game with those in mind you're pretty much set. I had to do a bit of backtracking at the end (for 200 something sparks and z-sparks) and 'grind' for the Wet work trophy (swim 10km). The levels aren't too long, you've got a level select when you need to go back for something and you don't need to redo the entire level when you just missed a spark at the beginning. The combat is very easy, you've got a normal, heavy and special attack but with pretty much button-mashing :square: you'll somewhat 'stun' the enemies so they can't attack you at all. All in all a nice and easy plat.

#23 Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom (PS3)

Saviour of The Lost Kingdom

Obtain all Trophies

1L6f365b.png

Date obtained: 07/04/2017

Enjoyment: 7/10

I'm still on a PS3 kick so now the choice is between completing Far Cry 3 or finally finishing AC IV: Black Flag :hmm:

• 2 weeks later...

Decided on completing Far Cry 3 first. Did that over the weekend, but it being Easter and all delayed the update. I've also spent the 10 EUR cashback I got from March already, so I've got Plague Inc: Evolved and Lost Sea to add to the backlog -_-. Far Cry 3 was a lot of fun, but I kinda lost my AC4 mindset because now that I've just completed a Ubisoft open-world title I don't really want to get back to one right away. I'm not really sure what I'll go for next, maybe SSX (which is an Ultra Rare plat) or I'll see if I can finish up inFamous.

#24 Far Cry 3 (PS3)

Mastered the Jungle

Obtain all the Trophies.

1Lb6376a.png

Date obtained: 16/04/2017

17 minutes ago, Thruygie said:

I'm gonna add all of this to #boost_interest, you are so screwed HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

joking, not yet. Maybe you wanna add some more though? I see another recent list, but missing a few still 

Oh God more?! I swear, every time I check the list I think I've got them all. I'll take another look later and probably add a few more to #boost_interest.

8 hours ago, mako-heart said:

HDMI swapping squad checking in.

Only advice I have is Tomb Raider is easy to get, just make sure you get the talking to people one. All I have left is online, but it's so damn tedious :/ Especially since I'm bad at it lol.

I don't know when I'm going to start Tomb Raider, I want to clear some things from my backlog first, but thanks for the tip :).

@madbuk made his post a few hours ago, I just now read it and realized I forgot to update this in all my excitement of getting that sweet UR plat. I also have a few people to thank. First off @ahmedelebiary for getting madbuk to pick COJ back up again, @madbuk for doing that and talking about it in the chat and lastly @Thruygie for telling me to just go for it. I'd also like to thank them (and our general Discord chatters) for the motivating kind words. COJ was a PS+ title back in June, I think, and for some reason I decided to go for the mp trophies then. I also played the story on medium difficulty up to chapter VI, but around that time I upgraded my PS4 (and PS3) hard drive and for some reason I was convinced my save was lost because it's one you can't copy (never mind that I've got PS+ and cloud saves enabled :facepalm: ). Now fast-forward to last friday: I saw madbuk talking in the chat about sucking at COJ and never going to be able to finish very hard :P , Yuri giving some tips, me butting in about still needing to do it, checking if my save existed and voila here we are:

#25 Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (PS3)

Ace of Spades

Collect all other trophies.

1L425cd7.png

Date obtained: 24/04/2017

Rarity: Ultra Rare

Enjoyment: 8/10

• Like 2

Already have another game I can scratch off the backlog. Severed is my 26th plat and the fifth! one this month. It's a decent enough game, but I think I went in with expectations that were a little too high so I ended up a bit disappointed in the game. I had some trouble at the end 100%ing every area with a stupid orange door, but I figured it out eventually. The final fight with the dragon wasn't very difficult at all, got through it in one go with some awesome music going on in the background, courtesy to our Discord DJs.

#26 Severed (Vita)

Made Whole

Obtain every trophy in the game

1Le80804.png

Date obtained: 29/04/2017

As it stands now, PoP: Forgotten Sands is probably going to be the next plat. I did miss clearing the first boss fight without getting hit :(, so I'll have to replay the first part, but that's not too bad. I also added the Batman Arkham trilogy to my PS3 backlog.

• Like 2

I got the PoP plat a bit quicker than I expected and just in time for it to be my 6th April plat ensuring that this is going to be my most productive month for a long time. I almost shelved it last night and probably wouldn't have gotten it, but I decided to start a new game and just play until I defeated the first boss fight without getting hit. I managed to do it in 2 hours and I was pleasantly surprised starting a new game doesn't reset your skills. I also remembered to back-up my save right before the fight, because there was no way I was going to do that a third time.

#27 Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (PS3)

Sand Master

Unlock all other trophies.

1Lb1291f.png

Date obtained: 30/04/2017

I've got nothing explicitly in the works, so I'm open for suggestions on what to go for next.

• Like 2

I finished up all the GTA IV multiplayer trophies, but I wanted to play something else after all those races and before diving into the singleplayer. Blood Knights is one of the PS+ titles for this month and I'd only heard bad things about it, so naturally I wanted to check it out. It's not too terribly long, the story is a bit cheesy and the voice acting could be a lot better, but the gameplay is decent enough. I think this could also be a fun title for some local coop, as it is I had to juggle two controllers for a chapter, but even that isn't too horrible. There's only one collectible trophy and if you pay enough attention to it the first time round, you can get the game done in about 5-6 hours. Sadly I think I died and forgot to re-get a coin during my first playthrough, so I had to speed through another one. All in all if you like some 3rd person hack 'n slash this game is worth checking out. It has some decent mechanics and I found it very enjoyable.

#15 Blood Knights (PS3)

L653ef9.png

Date obtained: 07/05/2017

Rarity: Very Rare

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't ready to get back to GTA IV yet, and I'm steadily completing a Hard career season in F1 2011, so in the meanwhile I finally finished Resistance: Burning Skies. I played it quite a bit on my way to and from work, but that also meant I didn't really get to pay much attention to the story. Completed the last 2 or 3 chapters somewhere nice and quiet though, so my knowledge isn't all bad. I got the one multiplayer trophy out of the way first and I only had the Giant and Lethal trophy left after completing singleplayer but I got those within 15 minutes of starting clean up. It's one of two shooters I currently have for the Vita (the other being Unit 13) and so far I still like Unit 13 mechanics better. I'm not really a fan of heavy touchscreen use and I'm still not that used to Vita aiming sensitivity (which I know I probably could've changed in the settings :rolleyes:)

#28 Resistance: Burning Skies (PS Vita)

Platinum

Earn all trophies

1Laec3c9.png

Date obtained: 16/05/2017

Next one is probably going to be F1 2011, if I can manage to get some more races done. I should probably finish GTA IV too, before I forget all the controls, again. Aside from that I might start to clean up some more multiplayer trophies though I don't know which game I'm going to tackle there next.

• Like 1