TERA; Open-World, Free-to-Play MMO Coming to PS4

TERA Console Open Beta Begins March 9!

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-console-open-beta-begins-march-9

KiEukSv.jpeg

TERA is an MMORPG that's been a pretty good action combat game on PC since its release back in 2012, and it's coming to PS4 later this year!!

"The PC version has attracted over 25 million players worldwide"

LrdxCzf.jpeg

The game revolves around a real-time battle system where you have to dodge enemy attacks and inflict damage via crosshair cursor. 

There are seven playable races; each race having their own special skills that give minor advantages in certain situations.

PJdyhWV.png

There are 12 classes in the game, a lot of customization from skills to characters creation. Tanks, Healer, DPS; the good old trinity system!!!

Game features teamwork to take down HUGE bosses and get that phat loot.

Spoiler

KgeoJnj.png

Spoiler

pjGu8IO.png

Spoiler

sYx8kcd.jpeg

Spoiler

1fQ0AWZ.png

TERA will be running a closed beta on console, and you can sign up for the opportunity to play it here.

The game is due to launch sometime this year.

Check out the trailer below:

Here is a video for PC Tera, as there isnt much PS4 media for it atm. But PC requirements are not high, PS4 should be able to handle it with ease if not better. Check it out! and get hyped.

New class Valkyrie coming April 11th

Spoiler

Spoiler

Would you be interested? What class might you play? Excited? 

Don't forget to sign up for BETA, Link above!!

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

It looks interesting. I would probably go with any close-combat kind of warrior :devil:

The video says "join over 25 million players worldwide" but I wonder if it will be possible to cross-play with actual PC and XBox gamers or if the servers will be closed for PSN players only.

Edited by Gray-Fox-44
Improved quotation

7 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

It looks interesting. I would probably go with any close-combat kind of warrior :devil:

The video says "join over 25 million players worldwide" but I wonder if it will be possible to cross-play with actual PC and XBox gamers or if the servers will be closed for PSN players only.

Maybe PC and PS4 like Final Fantasy XIV but never PS4-Xbone.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

The game has open world pvp from what I remember, so joining PC wouldbe a bad idea as there will be already elite players that could maybe kill you in a hit. Also I doubt we will ever have cross with xbox players. FFXIV gave xbox a chance to join PS4 PC cross play but they refused and wanted their own servers. I think when they refer to "join over 25 million players worldwide"  is just simply get to expereince TERA in our own console player base. It is a very fun game, I will try to keep updating and post each individual classes as there are a lot. And the class that you might be looking into is Slayer. A warrior master in 2handers up close and face ripping action.

13 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

That certainly fits the style B) lol

And yes, it's probably for the best not to cross-play the systems...

There's actually been some veeery vague comments from both microsoft and sony that they would potentially be open to it. Personally, i'd love to see it. The article below discusses it.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-responds-to-microsofts-invite-to-connect-xbox/1100-6435688/

oh i played that much on pc, its a great game, lets hope i can use my old account and that the devellopers support it not like the eu devellopers that really don't do much.

oh yeah elin ftw @SatoshiOokami will love this

Edited by chellesan

I haven't been playing TERA in a while, but used to play pretty actively. The game has easily the best combat system out of any MMO I've tried. I stopped playing at some point after they nerfed the BAMs. It's great to see the game is still doing well judging from the active content development and the upcoming console version.

@ERGOPROXY-DECAY : There are separate pvp servers so you won't have to worry about getting killed if you play on a pve server. 

1 hour ago, Eyjabria said:

@ERGOPROXY-DECAY : There are separate pvp servers so you won't have to worry about getting killed if you play on a pve server. 

Yeah but we don't know how PS4 will do with servers. But I highly doubt itll be cross server with PC. So wouldnt worry too much about ganking. Hopefully more news will be released.

Played this on PC a few years ago and I loved it! Sadly my computer couldn't handle the beautiful graphics, so due to low frames I couldn't continue. I managed to get to around 45-50 levels before I quit though. Glad to see so many MMOs coming our way to consoles! I can't wait to create my Elin again since the other female races don't know anything about armor. (very "open" concept armor)

I hope chat isn't full of a bunch of players with loli complex, cuz I found that SUPER annoying at times. I also hope the community on PS4 will be a little more helpful instead of arrogant PC players (no offense if you are not like this) with a "PC master race" attitude.

Ranting aside, I'm excited to see what other MMOs are coming to consoles. TERA and Skyforge are the first giant step for major MMOs!

Edited by kittygirl2010

On 3/12/2017 at 0:25 AM, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Yeah but we don't know how PS4 will do with servers. But I highly doubt itll be cross server with PC. So wouldnt worry too much about ganking. Hopefully more news will be released.

I'm sure they'll open a new server where everyone starts at level 1 when consoles join (due to server economy) so no worries about having "elite players" there. The server may be shared with PC and console players, but we'll see.

2 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

I'm sure they'll open a new server where everyone starts at level 1 when consoles join (due to server economy) so no worries about having "elite players" there. The server may be shared with PC and console players, but we'll see.

Yeah if its going to be cross play its definitely going to be a new server. But why I say it may not be cross play is that the "console version" will have UI and many things redone completely different than PC. Things like distance targeting is changed too, its a big move for them to move to console imho. Just cant wait for alpha beta testings. Considering there issss only 5 servers (3PVE, 2PVP) atm for 25million players... definitely a new server is coming.

I used to play TERA a lot on my computer a few years ago but never really got that into it, the combat system is great though so I'm looking forward to diving back in. I wonder if you'd be able to port over characters from the PC version? I doubt it but it'd be nice for those who have already given it a go on PC, cross-play would also be pretty neat