TERA; Open-World, Free-to-Play MMO Coming to PS4

Seems there is a error that people cannot log in. Seems they are aware and working on it...

https://twitter.com/teraonline?lang=en

On a better note!!! if you get in! You will be rewarded!! 1500EMP to buy whatever from their in-game store and more!!

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/open-beta-stress-tests?utm_campaign=tera-console-obt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=tera-console&utm_content=stress-test

3 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

On a better note!!! if you get in! You will be rewarded!! 1500EMP to buy whatever from their in-game store and more!!

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/open-beta-stress-tests?utm_campaign=tera-console-obt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=tera-console&utm_content=stress-test

Do they reset everything when the game releases?

Just now, Kurorac said:

Do they reset everything when the game releases?

The rewards may stay, though leveling will reset but I cannot confirm it anywhere yet.:(

10 minutes ago, Kurorac said:

Hm, guess I'll wait then. I hate it when your progression gets wiped completely.

Ok so Character leveling will be wiped, cap is lvl 38. But the rewards for trying to log in and play this open beta may carry over. Seems no ask them most important question. lol

The mount is sweet though for just login for 120min. If can log in I say let it idle for 2hrs for the reward in case that carries over, at least ill be doing that... 

"Will progress made during the Open Beta be wiped?.

Yes, character progress will be wiped following the Open Beta."

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-for-playstation-4-and-xbox-one-faq

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

3 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Seems there is a error that people cannot log in. Seems they are aware and working on it...

https://twitter.com/teraonline?lang=en

nice i gonna buy the maid costume and the cute sit emote if that is availble

@chellesan That's good to know, thxs. Must be playing a lot to hit lvl 38 though just from this weekend of playing for the firey bird mount. Really suck they arent keeping those rewards for release. I understand the 1500EMP being taken away but majority probably wont even get to cap lvl. Oh well.

I tried it earlier today and personally I think it needs more polishing or maybe I just have high-standards because I've played amazing MMOs in the past. I noticed some screen tearing. Minor bugs here and there, but nothing game breaking. It's a decent MMO, I feel like when it comes to the action aspect of it; Dragon Nest is a far superior game. 

• Like 1

Too large of a download to bother with this beta.   It'd be nice having mounts and stuff but not worth it for only this weekend. 

I'm talking to people in discord and I'm amazed they have never heard of TERA before.  It's like they have never owned a PC before.

1 hour ago, Xel said:

I tried it earlier today and personally I think it needs more polishing or maybe I just have high-standards because I've played amazing MMOs in the past. I noticed some screen tearing. Minor bugs here and there, but nothing game breaking. It's a decent MMO, I feel like when it comes to the action aspect of it; Dragon Nest is a far superior game. 

Yeah the PC doesnt have those issues. It definitely needs a lot more polishing for a better PS4 experience.

I was underwhelmed :(

But I also have a high standards like @Xel

Especially after playing FFXIV for over a year.

FFXIV is quite incredible, and sets the bar extremely high. 

I had hopes for Tera, as I liked the idea of actionmmorpgs. But I can see why it's going free to play now. :(

Screen tearing was also present, v sync anyone? Even with that fixed it just does not do it for me, just not good enough for me. 

Edited by Dav9834

14 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I was underwhelmed :(

But I also have a high standards like @Xel

Especially after playing FFXIV for over a year.

FFXIV is quite incredible, and sets the bar extremely high. 

I had hopes for Tera, as I liked the idea of actionmmorpgs. But I can see why it's going free to play now. :(

Screen tearing was also present, v sync anyone? Even with that fixed it just does not do it for me, just not good enough for me. 

FFXIV definitely is an amazing game. Yoshi keeps trying to push for more. But I figure if people had to pay 14-16$/month sub for their game, it better be worth it and be incredible.

Sadly TERA had been the same gfx eng with really no updates since 2011 even though its coming to PS4. Only difference is the UI atm it seems. The starting questline and stuff in the open beta was boring as fk. Worse than XIV early leveling, which is a shocker. Now I've reach end game for both games. TERA does shine a bit more after the first 15+ levels with more abilities and dungeons and grouping.

It's hard for me to compare it too XIV though because of the sub. But I totally understand. MMO wise, XIV is definitely quality. I think if they can polish the game, release will be good. Remember its F2P!! Probably the best F2P MMO on PS4.

Oh for those who find the camera too far away from toon, I found that I enjoy the game a bit more by moving the camera a little closer to my character. Touch pad and zoom to the perfect camera you like.

• Like 2

Really enjoyed the game. Love the character customization, is there no way to change eye color?? Got random kicked a few times and felt really slow movements and combos early on but around level 30 my experience felt completely changed. I moved and chained comboes much better and seems more fluid. I tried Berkerser, Priest and Brawler class. Reaper sounds fun but was locked out. Said I need level 40. >< Like others had mentioned there was a bit of tearing but I cant tell if it was because server was so congested or what to cause the lag and tear. Not sure what are being said for the Xbox side though. Could be just a PS4 issue they need to polish up. Not to meantion wasnt able to log in for hours when Xbox could. Hopefully all polished and ready to go before summer. 

It´s a nice game at all.. but all the Players who camp on quest spots and so .. and the many freezes or Problems with the menu make this game not enjoyable.

So that´s i played a beta okay but not will purchase the full game.

If i will Play an MMO in the future i will be switching to FFXIV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koromaru said:

It´s a nice game at all.. but all the Players who camp on quest spots and so .. and the many freezes or Problems with the menu make this game not enjoyable.

So that´s i played a beta okay but not will purchase the full game.

If i will Play an MMO in the future i will be switching to FFXIV.

Ya could play terra on pc as well. Free to play w cash store no purchase needed ~ 

Its an enjoyable game.