Anyone else having problem on permadeath?

OJ9999vr

1 hour ago, GarryKE said:

Fly back into the planet's atmosphere and return to space once you're at a safer distance.

to bad it was in middle of space between 2 planets , so no escape either. I took 1 piratship down ... but than i was dead .

17 hours ago, OJ9999vr said:

Oh. Well didn't think of that, it wasn't my initial thought posting a log. "Day 36: water's running low, my space craft hasn't got enough fuel to make it out of here. I think someone is chewing on me while i'm sleeping, but i'm not sure. Either way this is going i'm not staying here for long". Think i'll just keep it simple for now. ^_^

UKj8Hjk.jpg

• Like 1

Patch 1.23 was just released and I recommend anyone who's just starting out to avoid downloading it immediately. It fixes a bug that made freighters too cheap, and they're amazingly useful for survival mode.

The price of the starting freighter was reduced from around 13m to 800k with patch 1.2, so I assume they've been put back up to that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Patch 1.23 was just released and I recommend anyone who's just starting out to avoid downloading it immediately. It fixes a bug that made freighters too cheap, and they're amazingly useful for survival mode.

The price of the starting freighter was reduced from around 13m to 800k with patch 1.2, so I assume they've been put back up to that.

The only freighter i've been into cost 18m, which i belive were pre patch 1.22. But what exactly does the freighter do once you buy one?

7 minutes ago, OJ9999vr said:

The only freighter i've been into cost 18m, which i belive were pre patch 1.22. But what exactly does the freighter do once you buy one?

Oh, all the ones I ran into before I bought one were under 1m. Maybe you were unlucky and just didn't find the right ones, but it sounds like 1.23 fixes the chance of that ever happening.

They're pretty much a giant portable storage unit. They have upwards of 16 double-capacity inventory slots, room for building a base, and NPC ships fly in and out of them to trade. If you buy any NPC ships while in the freighter, you can store up to six of them in the hangars.

You can summon the freighters anywhere, although you can only reach them using your ship.

Edited by Shadiochao

2 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Oh, all the ones I ran into before I bought one were under 1m. Maybe you were unlucky and just didn't find the right ones, but it sounds like 1.23 fixes the chance of that ever happening.

They're pretty much a giant portable storage unit. They have upwards of 16 double-capacity inventory slots, room for building a base, and NPC ships fly in and out of it to trade. You can summon them anywhere, although you can only reach them using your ship.

If the price is what you claim and you can place inventory there, then i'll have to go buy one immediately.

1 hour ago, Shadiochao said:

I got a class A explorer ship for 800k with 21 slots. I also got a 39-slot class B freighter for 8k. I did have a feeling something wasn't right about it...

2 hours ago, GarryKE said:

I got a class A explorer ship for 800k with 21 slots. I also got a 39-slot class B freighter for 8k. I did have a feeling something wasn't right about it...

The one I found (1.22) cost 16.9m and the worst part, i were unable to leave the ship. It was during a battle if it has anything to say.

This new method i've been trying saves both resources and time.

1. Finish the atlas path, to unlock the ability to see blackholes in galaxy map

2. Go to the nearest blackhole and fly into the space station, mainly for the save point, but also for resources (zinc, herodium and plutonium)

3. Fly into the blackhole and check your galaxy map once trough, you want a blackhole within your warp range (100 unless your ship has a bonus). If not reload last checkpoint through options menu. You won't be needing any warp upgrades this way.

4. Refuel ship, make warp cells, sell unwanted stuff

5. Rinse and repeat

I did 10000 Light years in 3-4h and atleast 1h were used for reloading, compared to 15000 Light-years in 10h the normal way.

Just a warning to anyone who plans to tackle the trip to the center without using black holes.

Apparently, the game's first ever patch increased the distance to the center fourfold. So even though the game says you start 180k light years away, it's actually around 720k. It doesn't look like Hello Games has had enough time to change the stats to reflect that yet, but I can only assume they're hard at work trying to figure it out.

I planned my entire game around being able to take 150 jumps to the center with a tier 2 warp drive, but now it looks like I'll need to take 330 while fully upgraded. So I just need to do all this Polo nonsense, harvest a mere 33k plutonium and hopefully I'll be off, unless there are any other nasty surprises.

• Like 1

Good Day

Has anyone encountered a Problem with the Galaxy-Map? In my Spaceship,  the first Warp Reactor is connected with the Sigma Reactor and the Tau Reactor in a row. When I hover over the Warp Reactor, it states that I can travell 746 Lightyears with it. So far so good.

To get to the Galaxy-Center you have to open up the Galaxy-Map. Within this Map, orange Lines between specific Solarsystems will guide you the fastest Way to the Center of the Galaxy. And here´s my Problem.

If I follow these orange Lines, Solarsystem after Solarsystem, the orange Line will vanish after about 400 Lightyears, leaving me at an Solarsystem along the way. It´s not possible for me to travel any further. I have to warp to this 400 Lightyear away Solarsystem and in it I can open up the Galaxy-Map again to travell to the next 400 Lightyear away Solarsystem.

But what about the remaining 346 Lightyears? Is it supposed to be like this? I feel like I´m missing something.

Yours sincerely

I00_Brave_Wolves

PS: Gratulation @OJ9999vr to have finished this long journey.

9 minutes ago, I00_Brave_Wolves said:

To get to the Galaxy-Center you have to open up the Galaxy-Map. Within this Map, orange Lines between specific Solarsystems will guide you the fastest Way to the Center of the Galaxy. And here´s my Problem.

If I follow these orange Lines, Solarsystem after Solarsystem, the orange Line will vanish after about 400 Lightyears, leaving me at an Solarsystem along the way. It´s not possible for me to travel any further. I have to warp to this 400 Lightyear away Solarsystem and in it I can open up the Galaxy-Map again to travell to the next 400 Lightyear away Solarsystem.

This happens to me too. I don't know why it happens, but the lines never actually show the fastest path to the center anyway. It just takes you to seemingly random systems in the general direction of the center.

You're better off choosing free exploration, pointing the camera at the center and moving forward as far as you can.

This has happened to me the entire time I've played the game. If it's for the Atlas path or centre, the best thing you can do is vroom-vroom your way there manually. The last patch added waypoints so you can see better (I think).

Edited by GarryKE

3 hours ago, I00_Brave_Wolves said:

Good Day

Has anyone encountered a Problem with the Galaxy-Map? In my Spaceship,  the first Warp Reactor is connected with the Sigma Reactor and the Tau Reactor in a row. When I hover over the Warp Reactor, it states that I can travell 746 Lightyears with it. So far so good.

But what about the remaining 346 Lightyears? Is it supposed to be like this? I feel like I´m missing something.

Yours sincerely

I00_Brave_Wolves

PS: Gratulation @OJ9999vr to have finished this long journey.

When getting close to the center, you can forget everything about lines. Even if you are a few jumps away from nothingness, you'll still be able to jump straight to the center. Just max. out warp fuel, go into free exploration, or in the case if your line takes you straight there, than use that.

Hope this was what you wanted to hear.

Thanks for helping me out @OJ9999vr , @GarryKE and @Shadiochao. By using Free Exploration Mode, it´s become way easier for me to actually get to the Galaxy Center. 

Maybe you could help me with another Question, if you don´t mind.

The Thing is, I´m still using the first Ship you start with. Every other Ship is way too expensive. Even the crashed Ships. When I fly through a Black Hole, my Warp Reactors will break, because they are the only Upgrades I have installed. The Inventory Space in this Ship is way to limited, so I had to use the other few remaining Inventoryslots for Materials. So how do you actually got a new Ship? Either they are expensive as 10 Atlas Stones or they lie on Planets as crashed Ships with only 2 Inventoryslots usable. 

Yours sincerely 

I00_Brave_Wolves

5 hours ago, I00_Brave_Wolves said:

Thanks for helping me out @OJ9999vr , @GarryKE and @Shadiochao. By using Free Exploration Mode, it´s become way easier for me to actually get to the Galaxy Center. 

Maybe you could help me with another Question, if you don´t mind.

The Thing is, I´m still using the first Ship you start with. Every other Ship is way too expensive. Even the crashed Ships. When I fly through a Black Hole, my Warp Reactors will break, because they are the only Upgrades I have installed. The Inventory Space in this Ship is way to limited, so I had to use the other few remaining Inventoryslots for Materials. So how do you actually got a new Ship? Either they are expensive as 10 Atlas Stones or they lie on Planets as crashed Ships with only 2 Inventoryslots usable. 

Yours sincerely 

I00_Brave_Wolves

Easiest way to get a new ship would be to find a crashed ship, and repair it. This would most likely have broken inventory slots, but it should have higher value than your ship. This would mean if you try to buy someones ship, the current value of your ship will be subtracted from the buying cost. But make sure to discard ship upgrades before selling (these will have no affect in the price), just so you get more recourses. But take note that if the trade is free, you'll more than likely strike a loosing deal.

On 26/03/2017 at 6:04 PM, I00_Brave_Wolves said:

So how do you actually got a new Ship? Either they are expensive as 10 Atlas Stones or they lie on Planets as crashed Ships with only 2 Inventoryslots usable.

Another popular way of making money is to visit space stations and purchase dynamic resonators. They (should) cost about 31k - if they cost any more, don't buy them. Quite frequently you will find stations that will purchase them for a hundred percent of what you spent on them, so they will sell for upwards of 62k.

Gold and platinum are good commodities to sell. Aliens love bling.

Planets with vortex cubes, albumen pearls and most purple resources will sell well on the market.

If you attack sentinels you'll find lots of neutrino-things. Stack these in your inventory and sell them by the hundred at a time.

Emeril sells okay, but it's not the best. It's just mentioned because it's so abundant.

Scanning the wildlife on planets. If you can get the bonus money, that will help, but don't spend too long on it or you'll get fed up. But you do need ten of these for a trophy and the warp drive theta blueprint!

In any stations, look for the +X% numbers. Those items sell for an addition of the number; avoid the minus ones.

As a general rule of thumb, I don't sell anything that doesn't sell for an individual price of above 25k or a full stack (500) for lower than 60k.

On 26/03/2017 at 11:31 PM, OJ9999vr said:

But take note that if the trade is free, you'll more than likely strike a loosing deal.

You get the remainder of the money.

Edited by GarryKE

• 2 weeks later...

So I managed to get to the Galaxy Center in Permadeath-Mode. This was a pretty long Jouney. It´s not the Permadeath that makes this Mode difficult. It´s the Weather on almost all Planets, that will melt, freeze or burn you to pieces. Especially the Water – and Ice Planets were difficult to deal with.

The only Thing I could not do, is to unlock the “Reunion Trophy”. At the Galaxy-Center there´s not one Base, that will be displayed in Permadeath-Mode. The only Thing I´ve heard of, is to make a new Game on normal Difficulty and fly to the “Galactic-Hub”.

So does anyone actually managed to see a Permadeath Base or do I really have to fly to the “Galactic-Hub” on normal Difficulty?

• 1 month later...

I managed to get off the starting planet in my game and it wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be, but it wasn't a cake walk like Normal Mode. I found as long as your starting planet doesn't have periodic storms, you don't pick fights with the Sentinels, and avoid any nasty falls, you'll be fine. If you can't find much Zinc for your Hazard Protection, look for Platinum and Iron instead to build Shielding Shards. And keep a lot of Iron in your ship, pirates are way more common it seems. Also, I didn't seem to have a problem finding Plutonium on my planet. The crystals aren't big enough to show very often on a Scanner, but there's Plutonium to find if you look. I think I might have had insane luck with my starting planet.

Edited by damon8r351

• 4 weeks later...

Not done so badly to start with.  I'm off my starting planet (which was extreme cold but pretty abundant in the resources I needed to repair my ship) and have warped a couple of systems.  Fought a few space pirates and won, got the recipe I needed for antimatter and warp cells.  Now just arrived on a new planet with an Atlas Monolith, however it's extreme toxic gas, which makes me lose 3x as much hazard protection, and hostile sentinels.  So by the time I'm done accessing the monolith I'm practically dead -_-