Is call of Duty world at war a respectable platinum?

If you enjoyed getting the platinum then that's great!  It's best to not worry about what others will think about you if you have the Hanna Montana platinum. 

Don't be fooled. There are folks out there that critique people's trophy lists but at the end of the day it means nothing. I'm truly amazed at some peoples trophy lists and how in the heck they can plat a game like BIT.Trip in a few days or even hours when I can't even finish a game mode but they'll never know that. 

Edited by audiopile
  • Like 2

If you're into Call of Duty, then you should definitely go for World at War. Veteran Mode is not impossible but it will make a man's blood boil. The game makes it look like enemies have aimbot and grenades are literally at your feet every few seconds. There are also trophies where you have to do something in a specific mission (Sum of All Zeroes is a pain in the arse and I haven't found the motivation to do it). Then there's the 3 campaign co-op trophies you have to get. I'm pretty sure people still play the game online but you need a full lobby for one of the trophies (4 players). If you want, you could also go for trophies in the Shi No Numa and Der Riese zombie maps, although they're not required for the platinum. In short, World At War is a great game that features a challenging trophy list. It's personally one of my favourite of the series but honestly, you will never see me on Veteran ever again.

2 hours ago, Matthew said:

If you're into Call of Duty, then you should definitely go for World at War. Veteran Mode is not impossible but it will make a man's blood boil. The game makes it look like enemies have aimbot and grenades are literally at your feet every few seconds. There are also trophies where you have to do something in a specific mission (Sum of All Zeroes is a pain in the arse and I haven't found the motivation to do it). Then there's the 3 campaign co-op trophies you have to get. I'm pretty sure people still play the game online but you need a full lobby for one of the trophies (4 players). If you want, you could also go for trophies in the Shi No Numa and Der Riese zombie maps, although they're not required for the platinum. In short, World At War is a great game that features a challenging trophy list. It's personally one of my favourite of the series but honestly, you will never see me on Veteran ever again.

Im up to the last mission im gonna try and beat it after a short break

I would say it's somewhat of a respectable platinum, the only difficult part is completing the campaign in Veteran. Well if anybody can get past "Heart of the Reich" on Veteran I have respect for you.

If the German's really had that many grenades, they certainly would of won the war

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I sure as hell was happy to get it... especially some 6 years after first playing the game. Veteran seemed impossible to me for a long time. I'm slightly disappointed that it's "only" a Very Rare platinum, but i still consider it one of my most satisfying/proud platinums even though it ranks around 40 as far as my rarest platinums go.

• 4 months later...
On 6/28/2017 at 6:29 PM, bruin-rocks said:

Black Ops Declassified is harder on Veteran than this. But this is definitely a nice CoD platinum that I hope to achieve soon. 

As someone who platinumed Black Ops: Declassified I am glad to hear this lol.

My opinion, I definitely think WaW is a respect platinum.