• Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    • Assassin's Creed 3
    • Assassin's Creed: Liberation
    • Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
    • Assassin's Creed: Rogue
    • Assassin's Creed: Unity
    • Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
    • Other

I must say it is rather interesting to see everyone's opinion on the AC games. My person opinion is as follows:

1) AC Black Flag

2) AC Brotherhood

3) AC 2

4) AC Rogue

5) AC Revelations

6) AC 1

7) AC Syndicate

8) AC 3

9) AC Unity

10) AC Liberation 

11) AC Chronicles

Still to this day I despise Liberation, but that's probably due to a game breaking big losing my save right when I was at the end. But I still hate it even without that. Just didn't feel like AC to me. Haven't even tried chronicles yet but I just keep putting it off altogether because of the side scroll 2d.

• 3 years later...

I’ve reached Unity and am playing through it.  Looking back at what I’ve played this is my list, from BEST to WORST, minus Syndicate, Origins,  Odyssey & Valhalla.  List subject to change as I continue through the series.  Dunno who can topple Shay Cormac though.

1) Rogue

2) Assassin’s Creed 3

3) Unity*

4) Black Flag

5) Revelations

6) Brotherhood

7) Assassin’s Creed 2

8) Liberation

9) Assassin’s Creed 1

Anyone agree? Disagree? What’s your current list?

*Unity has been steadily climbing up my list. I don’t have the same issues others seem to have.  I liked the story, I liked the data discovered in the “helix rifts,” visiting WW2 was AWESOME, and the parkour city is brilliant.  That being said it’s not passing the “top 2”and we’ll see how the list changes with Syndicate, etc.

Edited by SanguinousRex
  • Like 2

Nice list! This would be mine in order of preference. I was cheeky and put AC 2 and Brotherhood as one entry because they really feel like two halves of one bigger game. The other thing I wanted to note is that my experience with Odyssey was with Kassandra as the main protagonist, i'm not sure if that experience would be different with Alexios behind the wheel :) 

I wanted to note that, for AC Unity, I got around to playing that really late after it got released - so when I jumped in, it was actually a really complete, polished and bug free experience for me. If I had played Unity around launch time, it might have been lower. I still maintain that Unity has a really great story and is part of a pretty underrated story arc which spans AC 3 & AC Rogue.

1) AC 2 & Brotherhood
2) Odyssey

3) Black Flag

4) Syndicate

5) Unity

6) AC 3

7) Valhalla

8) Revelations

9) Rogue

10) Origins

11) Liberation

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 4

After some time, I want to get back into the Assassins Creeds (I can't play too many in a row). What is your most favorite AC and if you have time you can rank the existing ones too.

I thought an overview isn't that bad when people decide to pick the next AC to play.

Edited by REAPER4536

Not a bad list but I find it quite odd you have some of the best games as your worst, did you play the recent ones first or started the series late? They probably don't hold up too well but ac 2 and brotherhood were some of the best games I ever played back then. Still remains one of my favorite series despite a few misfires here and there, I'd rank em like this. 

1. Assassins creed 2

2. Brotherhood 

3. Odyssey 

4. Black flag 

5. Valhalla 

6. Origins 

7. Syndicate 

8. Assassins creed 3 

9. Revelations 

10. Unity 

11. Rogue 

12. Assassins creed 

13. Chronicles 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1

My personal list, for the Assassin's Creed Titles I have played

10. Assassin's Creed Liberation

9. Assassin's Creed 3

8. Assassin's Creed Revelations

7. Assassin's Creed

6. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

5. Assassin's Creed II

4. Assassin's Creed Valhalla

3. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

2. Assassin's Creed Odyssey

1. Assassin's Creed Origins

• Like 1

From best to worst (most boring)

1. AC 2

2. Rogue

3. Revelations

4. Syndicate

5. Brotherhood

6. AC

7. Black Flag

8. Unity

9. AC 3

10. Chronicles

11. Liberation

12. Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla

The generic rpg Witcher 3 wannabe that are Origins and Odyssey burned me out so I don't have any intention to play Valhalla any time soon.

• Like 2

AC II

AC: Odyssey

AC: Brotherhood

AC: Black Flag

AC: Origins

AC: Syndicate

AC III

AC: Unity

AC: Liberation

AC: Revelations

AC: Rogue

AC

Excluded as I have not played yet:

AC: Chronicles

AC: Valhalla

That would be the order I think I would settle on currently however with debate could certainly see a few reshuffles amongst those. Overall they're such a different series from the older games; transition games missed marks at times but we're at a good point in my opinion.

• Like 1

I saw the topic of @REAPER4536 and when I wanted to answer it was suddenly gone...

I finally found his post and it was merged into another recently started topic about the same thing but hell, it's confusing without a redirect or just a lock + redirect message + copy messages to the other thread or some variation of it without everything suddenly being gone.
The voting thing is now gone as well.

But on topic:
For me there are 3 categories of AC games: Chronicles, the reboot games (origins, odyssey, valhalla) and the originals.

I didn't play Chronicles, Rogue and Valhalla yet so can't say much about that.

In the category of original games:

I liked Black Flag the most. I even played it twice despite the multiplayer that's a bit grindy (nothing too bad and most of the grind can be done alone).
After that it would probably be Brotherhood or AC2, mostly because of the setting but they also felt more complete and less rushed compared to other games.
AC3 I liked the least, it's the only one that I didn't even finish the first time I started it. I came back to it years later to get it to 100%.

I also played liberation 3 times but that's because it's a fun and short game. The graphics are a bit fuzzy though and I always had to get used to that when I started the game if I didn't play it in awhile.Some people are put off by this but i think they forget the original game was a Vita game. It's a fun game, but not the best AC game.

In the reboot category:

I'm still in doubt.
Origins felt a bit empty at times but at the same time there was a trophy for completing all locations. That trophy took awhile even if you already did everything you passed by during the story. Odyssey felt too dragged out at a certain point but the DLC was very good again

Both games are fairly long and more RPG's so they play different compared to the originals. I can understand that someone says: I liked the originals and not the reboot, or the other way around :)

I just checked your list. You already completed Black Flag and it seems you left AC2 unfinished so I would say: Go finish AC2! Or start Brotherhood :) 

• Like 1

1. AC Brotherhood

2. AC 2

3. AC 4 Black Flag

4. AC 3

5. AC Rogue

6. AC Revelations

7. AC 1

8. AC Liberation

Gameplay wise Black Flag was the most fun, but I could always replay AC 2 and Brotherhood without getting bored because of their great story and that makes them the best AC games for me

Ezio, Haytham and Edward are my favorite characters by far, I loved their personalities and stories. Ezio of course is just top notch, I don't know how anyone could beat his story and charme

About Connor and Shay, I don't know why but it kinda felt like they lack of intelligence or something, didn't like their behavior and decision making at all but I still liked AC3, mainly because of Haytham

Haven't played the others yet, I'm trying to do them in chronological order

Edited by DaaneS97
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Nice list! This would be mine in order of preference. I was cheeky and put AC 2 and Brotherhood as one entry because they really feel like two halves of one bigger game. The other thing I wanted to note is that my experience with Odyssey was with Kassandra as the main protagonist, i'm not sure if that experience would be different with Alexios behind the wheel :) 

I wanted to note that, for AC Unity, I got around to playing that really late after it got released - so when I jumped in, it was actually a really complete, polished and bug free experience for me. If I had played Unity around launch time, it might have been lower. I still maintain that Unity has a really great story and is part of a pretty underrated story arc which spans AC 3 & AC Rogue.

1) AC 2 & Brotherhood
2) Odyssey

3) Black Flag

4) Syndicate

5) Unity

6) AC 3

7) Valhalla

8) Revelations

9) Rogue

10) Origins

11) Liberation

Thanks! Saved me typing because this is exactly how I would rate them.

• Like 1

1 - Unity (amazing stealth game and playing in Paris was just awesome!)

2 - Chronicles (I love this trilogy more than I can explain)

3 - Ezio Trilogy (three excellent games and I can’t really choose between them)

4 - Liberation (I think Aveline was an excellent female protagonist)

5 - AC3 (a solid game)

6 - Black Flag (another very good game)

7 - Rogue (short, but enjoyable)

8 - Origins (not a classic AC, but I liked the Egyptian setting)

9 - Syndicate (this one was just meh, for me)

10 - Odyssey (I absolutely hated this game)

I know that my list is a little different from everyone else’s, but that’s just who I am and I am always honest. You can’t really choose what you love. :)

• Like 2