How to earn most online trophies

PaperMonkeyBoy

NOTE: These are MY tactic so if you don't like it, don't say anything mean.

IMPORTANT: I explain things really vague so if you need a more in-depth guide just reply for a certain trophy, and I'll give you more information about it.

Online trophies are a pain in the butt for mostly all games, but GTA IV is a whole new ball game.

It's almost impossible to platinum just because of all the modders in deathmatches.

Though I did mod my way to the platinum, I still know how to unlock online trophies,

You'll probably need 1-2 friends for most of these trophies. (Or if you're richy rich, get a second PS3 and buy a second copy of GTA IV)

Teamplayer - You Killed 5 opposing team members  -Bronze

Have a few of your buddies (4 or 5) on a team deathmatch, and have all of your friend on team a separate team from you, so you can kill them. This should be an easy trophies

Cut Your Teeth - You were successfully promoted up a rank in Multiplayer - Bronze

Simply (again) have your friends on the opposite team from you, and just go around killing them, you should rank up at least once in a deathmatch.

Join The Midnight Club - You won a multiplayer race without damaging your car too much. - Bronze

Probably the easiest here, have at least one or two of your friends choose a random car and just sit there while you drive and finish the race, or just make sure you finish first without hitting anything..

Remember, slow and steady wins the race.....

A-At least with the GTA IV mechanics.

Fly The Co-op - You Completed "Deal Breaker" , Hangman's NOOSE" and "Bomb Da Base II" in time. -Bronze

Is there a good tactic for this? No. I would recommend you practice your shooting in deathmatches or with random NPC's before doing this, as it is very hard, despite being a bronze trophy, simply just do the objective, don't spend too much time killing the targets, kill who you need, and go.

Taking It For The Team - You were on the winning team in all multiplayer team games -Bronze

This is really hard to explain proper, so just watch this video

Top Of The Food Chain - You successfully killed 20 players with a pistol in a deathmatch - Bronze

simply do the same tactic as I said before, just have your friends AFK while you pistol them to death.

Top The Midnight Club - You Won 20 different multiplayer standard races - Bronze

Make sure you win every race in multiplayer, I recommend doing this with friends so you can communicate properly.

Wanted - You achieved the highest personal rank possible in multiplayer -Gold

Now, realistically you could just get a modder and rank up that way, but wheres the fun in that?

Simply just do Hangman's NOOSE and other mission based Co-op missions to earn maximum amount of money, and always kill targets to get maximum money you can, this takes a long time so buckle in. 

Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic - You Won all varitions of multiplayer games. -Bronze ( This should be gold -_-)

Oh god, the worst trophy in the game, but with friends this will be more enjoyable, complete all missions and game modes (deathmatch, races, ETC) and make sure you win EVERY game mode, and get the most kills in the Co-op missions.

Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie - You killed a Rockstar in multiplayer -Bronze

Pretty simple. Just kill a person online who has linked their Social Club to their PSN.

Any questions? Post them below :D

Edited by PaperMonkeyBoy

Just now, xZoneHunter said:

It's great and all that you post this here, but we have something in place for these things.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3606-grand-theft-auto-iv-multiplayer-trophy-guide

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1097-grand-theft-auto-iv-trophy-guide

It's best that you forward any additional tips there.

I do understand that thread, but it's better to spread different tips and different methods, ya know?

Just now, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

I do understand that thread, but it's better to spread different tips and different methods, ya know?

Well yes, that's why guides have a comment section. So you can post additional tips & tricks which then can be added to the guide if necessary. It's best to keep everything in one place.

Also, since you're relatively new. Welcome to psnp!

• Like 1

Just now, xZoneHunter said:

Well yes, that's why guides have a comment section. So you can post additional tips & tricks which then can be added to the guide if necessary. It's best to keep everything in one place.

Also, since you're relatively new. Welcome to psnp!

Yeah, I'm new and every gamer on this site hates me now haha.

1 minute ago, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

Except most of my games are modded :( So any guide I do will get hate like hell.

Well hacking/modding trophies is a practice frowned upon here, and it will also get you off the leaderboards. So, openly admitting to it, will get you some backlash. It's best to just not hack/mod trophies all together. However if you know how to get every trophy of a game legitimately and want to write a guide for it. This is the place to be.

Also PSNP has a really friendly and kind community so even if you slip up once, it's no big deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xZoneHunter said:

Well hacking/modding trophies is a practice frowned upon here, and it will also get you off the leaderboards. So, openly admitting to it, will get you some backlash. It's best to just not hack/mod trophies all together. However if you know how to get every trophy of a game legitimately and want to write a guide for it. This is the place to be.

Also PSNP has a really friendly and kind community so even if you slip up once, it's no big deal.

I beg to differ on that last sentence there.

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

Well, you can also just do everything in a private match too

True, but public matches ( I can't really speak for everyone) is way easier with noobs, they usually try and win with a pistol (I understand they may be trying to get the trophy) but they have no tactic, I ranked up to level 9 just by deatmatches all together, private matches don't have the same feel to me.

37 minutes ago, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

I beg to differ on that last sentence there.

True, but public matches ( I can't really speak for everyone) is way easier with noobs, they usually try and win with a pistol (I understand they may be trying to get the trophy) but they have no tactic, I ranked up to level 9 just by deatmatches all together, private matches don't have the same feel to me.

Maybe so, but this IS a trophy hunter website, and the easiest method will always be used(which in this case is private matches)plus you can afk grind to max rank with the happiness island glitch

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2017 at 6:08 PM, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

NOTE: These are MY tactic so if you don't like it, don't say anything mean.

IMPORTANT: I explain things really vague so if you need a more in-depth guide just reply for a certain trophy, and I'll give you more information about it.

Online trophies are a pain in the butt for mostly all games, but GTA IV is a whole new ball game.

It's almost impossible to platinum just because of all the modders in deathmatches.

Though I did mod my way to the platinum, I still know how to unlock online trophies,

You'll probably need 1-2 friends for most of these trophies. (Or if you're richy rich, get a second PS3 and buy a second copy of GTA IV)

Teamplayer - You Killed 5 opposing team members  -Bronze

Have a few of your buddies (4 or 5) on a team deathmatch, and have all of your friend on team a separate team from you, so you can kill them. This should be an easy trophies

Cut Your Teeth - You were successfully promoted up a rank in Multiplayer - Bronze

Simply (again) have your friends on the opposite team from you, and just go around killing them, you should rank up at least once in a deathmatch.

Join The Midnight Club - You won a multiplayer race without damaging your car too much. - Bronze

Probably the easiest here, have at least one or two of your friends choose a random car and just sit there while you drive and finish the race, or just make sure you finish first without hitting anything..

Remember, slow and steady wins the race.....

A-At least with the GTA IV mechanics.

Fly The Co-op - You Completed "Deal Breaker" , Hangman's NOOSE" and "Bomb Da Base II" in time. -Bronze

Is there a good tactic for this? No. I would recommend you practice your shooting in deathmatches or with random NPC's before doing this, as it is very hard, despite being a bronze trophy, simply just do the objective, don't spend too much time killing the targets, kill who you need, and go.

Taking It For The Team - You were on the winning team in all multiplayer team games -Bronze

This is really hard to explain proper, so just watch this video

Top Of The Food Chain - You successfully killed 20 players with a pistol in a deathmatch - Bronze

simply do the same tactic as I said before, just have your friends AFK while you pistol them to death.

Top The Midnight Club - You Won 20 different multiplayer standard races - Bronze

Make sure you win every race in multiplayer, I recommend doing this with friends so you can communicate properly.

Wanted - You achieved the highest personal rank possible in multiplayer -Gold

Now, realistically you could just get a modder and rank up that way, but wheres the fun in that?

Simply just do Hangman's NOOSE and other mission based Co-op missions to earn maximum amount of money, and always kill targets to get maximum money you can, this takes a long time so buckle in. 

Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic - You Won all varitions of multiplayer games. -Bronze ( This should be gold -_-)

Oh god, the worst trophy in the game, but with friends this will be more enjoyable, complete all missions and game modes (deathmatch, races, ETC) and make sure you win EVERY game mode, and get the most kills in the Co-op missions.

Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie - You killed a Rockstar in multiplayer -Bronze

Pretty simple. Just kill a person online who has linked their Social Club to their PSN.

Any questions? Post them below :D

for the sake of the community should people stumble upon this thread by accident looking for legit info with regards to the mp for this game i feel a desire to step in here...to put it simply and bluntly: this "guide" is pure bull$hit written by someone who has hacked 90%, if not all, of the trophies...not possible to earn most of them in 6 minutes...also, I find the claim of doing legit deathmatches for rank 10 hard to believe...@$100-200 (it became double cash halfway through your start/finish dates) that adds up to 25 000 - 50 000 or about an average of 100 kills/day in the year it took to 100%...considering the server status that means that you, sir, are one dedicated iv player (but most likely full of $hit)...don't get me wrong, this is entirely possible just highly doubtful here and completely time inefficient...why bother posting a new thread?...perhaps a forum on how to jailbreak a ps3 on a hacker forum might be best as clearly you know nothing about this game...you said to be nice so...have a nice day...

p.s. In case it wasn't clear...noobs beware, this thread will do nothing to help you with the gta iv multiplayer trophies...the main game guide should have all the info you need...cheers...

Edited by ProfBambamGTAIV
bad math
  • Like 3

for the sake of the community should people stumble upon this thread by accident looking for legit info with regards to the mp for this game i feel a desire to step in here...to put it simply and bluntly: this "guide" is pure bull$hit written by someone who has hacked 90%, if not all, of the trophies...not possible to earn most of them in 6 minutes...also, I find the claim of doing legit deathmatches for rank 10 hard to believe...@$100-200 (it became double cash halfway through your start/finish dates) that adds up to 25 000 - 50 000 or about an average of 100 kills/day in the year it took to 100%...considering the server status that means that you, sir, are one dedicated iv player (but most likely full of $hit)...don't get me wrong, this is entirely possible just highly doubtful here and completely time inefficient...why bother posting a new thread?...perhaps a forum on how to jailbreak a ps3 on a hacker forum might be best as clearly you know nothing about this game...you said to be nice so...have a nice day...

p.s. In case it wasn't clear...noobs beware, this thread will do nothing to help you with the gta iv multiplayer trophies...the main game guide should have all the info you need...cheers...

Okay, noobie, firstly don't talk shit if you don't know how to read, big, bright, bold text at the top of the thread, don't got something nice to say? Then shut the fuck up. If you don't bother taking time to do a legit deathmatch then go bother with another thread, because you're wasting my time.

Edited by PaperMonkeyBoy

@PaperMonkeyBoy I'm not going to quote you, as no doubt your post will be moderated.  You might not know this but ProfBamBam55 is an absolute god when it comes to GTAIV and has helped many (MANY) people obtain their trophies using legitimate means, therefore is rightly passionate about the game and ensuring people get adequate information from reliable sources.

Maybe this thread needs to be locked by the moderators as it has run its course....

• Like 1