Question :/

Stargazer2600

So i just started Dantes Inferno. I remember playing it a bit back when it came out on the 360 but i didnt remember the trials or anything so i was kinda suprised when i scanned the trophy list to see it. Now here on PSNProfilles all that is labeled as DLC but on my trophy list, DLC things normally have a + right next to the blank trophy. My list isnt showing that and it wants me to buy all the DLC which looking at it would really add up. I don't buy DLC unless its a game i REALLY like. If i get DLC its cause it comes with the game. So my question is, Since the list doesnt have the + thing. is it seriously telling me i have to buy the DLC to plat this game?

6 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

So i just started Dantes Inferno. I remember playing it a bit back when it came out on the 360 but i didnt remember the trials or anything so i was kinda suprised when i scanned the trophy list to see it. Now here on PSNProfilles all that is labeled as DLC but on my trophy list, DLC things normally have a + right next to the blank trophy. My list isnt showing that and it wants me to buy all the DLC which looking at it would really add up. I don't buy DLC unless its a game i REALLY like. If i get DLC its cause it comes with the game. So my question is, Since the list doesnt have the + thing. is it seriously telling me i have to buy the DLC to plat this game?

Sounds like it sadly, some games do need a DLC to plat. :/ Try earning all the trophies with no DLC, if it doesn't platinum then, yes, you need the DLC to plat.

on my trophy sheet there's base game, dark forest and trials of st lucia (only the base game requirements needed to plat).

as a recommendation, should play through the game at least once.... its a great game.

Edited by kingdrake2

3 minutes ago, Death_Ninja said:

No, DLC trophies are never required for the platinum of any game. That's the reason why they have the + sign. They are purely optional. Mandatory for 100% but not for the platinum, only the base game trophies count toward that. 

Depending, but Minecraft is a example, I got a platinum at 53%

Just now, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

Depending, but Minecraft is a example, I got a platinum at 53%

Yup yup, that's because you got all the base game trophies. 

It's got a buttload of DLC trophies so that's why the percentage is really low lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Death_Ninja said:

No, DLC trophies are never required for the platinum of any game. That's the reason why they have the + sign. They are purely optional. Mandatory for 100% but not for the platinum, only the base game trophies count toward that. 

thats what im saying though. On the list on my profile. it doesnt have the + sign. i can take a pic if you wish

3 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

I'd take it you're not using save editor for that for now. Check your challenges and see if the elemental damage challenges are glitched.

I think they are, I really want to avoid a save editor, but if it's un-beatable I'll use it.. shamefully, I'll keep trying to re-search it and see if it's glitched, my whole game is glitched.

Edited by PaperMonkeyBoy

Just now, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

I think they are, I really want to avoid a save editor, but if it's un-beatable I'll use it.. shamefully, I'll keep trying to re-search it and see if it's glitched, my whole game is glitched.

Seriously I'd advise you to stop using save editors and mod menus from now on. And you're already under a magnifying glass so we'll notice it pretty quickly if you're using one.

Just now, Death_Ninja said:

I just checked your profile, I see em. You'll be fine :) 

Same, checked, saw it, it must be an error with PSNtrophies.

1 minute ago, totallycrushed said:

Seriously I'd advise you to stop using save editors and mod menus from now on. And you're already under a magnifying glass so we'll notice it pretty quickly if you're using one.

I'm trembling...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stargazer2600 said:

k i trust you, just weird that it shows as DLC here but you check your list though your PS3 and there isnt any + sign

Do you have any other PS3 games that came out around that time? I think there wasn't always a + for DLC trophies even though you didn't have to actually earn them. I got the plat for it before the DLC came out though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skateak said:

Do you have any other PS3 games that came out around that time? I think there wasn't always a + for DLC trophies even though you didn't have to actually earn them. I got the plat for it before the DLC came out though.

I dont know. i bought it used at a local store when i went to trade in some other games i would never play again

Let me put this to rest. 

Old games didn't have the separation of base game + dlc. PSNP manually separated those. Mirror's edge, dantes inferno, super stardust hd, burnout paradise, all of them suffer from this lack of organization over PSN (but not here). 

They are still dlc however and not necessary for the platinum. If you want proof, check my trophies and see i have all base games trophies and platinum but no dlc (yet) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheYuriG said:

Let me put this to rest. 

Old games didn't have the separation of base game + dlc. PSNP manually separated those. Mirror's edge, dantes inferno, super stardust hd, burnout paradise, all of them suffer from this lack of organization over PSN (but not here). 

They are still dlc however and not necessary for the platinum. If you want proof, check my trophies and see i have all base games trophies and platinum but no dlc (yet) 

thanks Yuri :)

1 hour ago, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

Sounds like it sadly, some games do need a DLC to plat. :/ Try earning all the trophies with no DLC, if it doesn't platinum then, yes, you need the DLC to plat.

@Death_Ninja is completely right, dlc is never required for a platinum, there are games in which owning the dlc makes the platinum easier. Some games though require extra work when you download the dlc because main game trophies glitch a bit then, for example in dead space 3. This game has lots of collectibles, you have to collect them all. But, if you download the dlc you also have to collect the collectibles that are in the dlc before the trophies pop

• Like 1