Most unsatisfying/disappointing game endings.

Phoenixgaming1

hey guy i recently made a forum post called "What game ending was satisfying for you." but then i was thinking what game endings where unsatisfying i came up with a few off the top of my head like "Red Dead Redemption" "Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords" but i wanted to know what game endings disappoinnted or unsatisfyed you.

EDIT: i forgot to put "Infamous 2 evil ending"

Edited by Phoenixgaming1

Resistance Burning Skies ( I don't know it just felt like it was missing something)

Orc Slayer ( do I really need to explain)

Beyond Good and Evil ( because we never got the sequel that we deserve. Give us our sequel Ubisoft! :angry:) Good news is, its in pre-production so yay :)

That's about it really. Most of the games that I played had good satisfying endings. At least in my opinion. 

Edited by marvelboy10

Mass Effect 3 has been done to death so I won't go into that.

Batman: Arkham Knight's ending was pretty unsatisfying, especially since the DLC barely addressed it.

Fallout 4's ending was really lackluster. I was hoping for something along the lines of New Vegas at least.

I also found Metal Gear Solid V's ending to be very lame and not worth the effort of going through the whole game twice just to get an ending that you can see coming miles away.

And there's also Resistance 3's ending. I really did not like the way that sent off. It felt too much like a roses and sunshine ending for a game with such a grim feeling throughout them.

Edited by Redgrave

Gone Home has to the worst ending .. Was expecting something exciting, a twist, just something ... And I got the most boring trivial BS ending of the lot. They coulda done so much, but instead the build up went to waste.

17 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

I also found Metal Gear Solid V's ending to be very lame and not worth the effort of going through the whole game twice just to get an ending that you can see coming miles away.

But to be honest, MGS5's whole story is pretty lame and shite :P

Edited by Cobbylicious

2 minutes ago, Cobbylicious said:

But to be honest, MGS5's whole story is pretty lame and shite :P

Yeah I really wasn't a fan of it. The first couple of hours were fine but after a while I just lost all motivation to really beat it.

Most notable ones that come to mind are:

Tales of Xillia. Seemed like the game was about halfway through, and it ended.

Final Fantasy XIII-2. It just wasn't very satisfying. It ended on a To Be Continued screen, with little resolved. I found out it's because you have to buy the true ending.

Asura's Wrath. Like XIII-2, you have to buy the true ending. It was dumb.

Arkham Knight, although the whole game was disappointing as well.

RAGE

honestly, such a terrific (albeit short) game with one of the worst endings i've experienced over the years. loved the dystopian atmosphere, graphics, weapons, vehicles, basically everything. so yes, i was disappointed.

Outlast

the game got me hooked from the very first minutes, great horror game but i didn't dig the ending at all. i know the DLC clarifies one or two things but i just expected more.

there's a lot more of course, but these two are the most fresh in my memory. finished outlast a month ago and just bought the expansion for RAGE.

2 hours ago, marvelboy10 said:

How come the forum title says "satisfying"/disappointing game" endings. Shouldn't it say unsatisfying instead?

Thought he wanted both extremes?

But now seems like an overlook

Edited by TheYuriG
Actually not

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Ending felt abrupt and was over in a matter of a minute. No real emotion shown in the main characters. I felt cheated out for a potentially heartwarming or bitter ending.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Bad Ending

What was seriously the whole point of the game if everything you worked for dies in front of you, you included! Horrible ending for a likable cast and left a sour taste in my mouth for Darth Vader. 

L.A. Noire

For a game I consider to be one of my favorite crime/mystery games, I found the ending to be insulting. Nothing really gets wrapped up and after Cole meets his end, the game just ends with happy generic music. I stared at my television screen for ten whole minutes waiting for an actual ending but none came. 

• Like 3

I will admit I wasn't all that impressed with Murdered Soul Suspect, even though I went through the game twice. The way the game was going however I was expecting the ending to be a disappointment anyway. There were only two characters I really cared about, the others I couldn't give a damn.

Unfortunately Airtight Games is no longer in existence, so it's unlikely we'll ever see a spiritual successor.

-----

Team Bondi was suffering from poor working conditions, and the company was taking ages to make LA Noire so Rockstar Games had to come in and help out. Cole Phelps dies in the sewers after it turns out the pyromaniac was one of his old wartime buddies. Then during the funeral Roy Earle gives out a speech, and Elsa walks out. The game goes to the credits.

Sad not only because the ending was abysmal, but also because Team Bondi is gone. So like Murdered Soul Suspect, unlikely we'll see a successor or sequel.

4 hours ago, Matthew said:

As good as Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is, it has one of the shittest boss fights ever made imo. It really disappointed me as the rest of the game is really well done. Naughty Dog should've spent more time coming up with something better than a QTE fest. Not even the epilogue could redeem itself for me. 

I still think Among Thieves is the best Uncharted game, one of the reasons being the Lazarevic boss fight; it's intense, difficult and it really puts your combat skills to the test. However with the Rafe fight, it just felt like a scripted cutscene and I was just shocked at how everyone at Naughty Dog thought it was a good idea. Hopefully they can come up with something better in The Lost Legacy.

Personaly beside The boss fight the game ended perfetly for me i mean in the epilogue you see all of the best and most known and remembered treasures of all the games and then it zooms in to the picture of "sully nate and elena" and music starts playing that just made it for me, Everytime i see that ending i always think in my head that they all lived thier life to the fullest. But i totally agree uncharted 2 had a better boss fight and ending uncharted 2 was the first uncharted game i ever played and its the first one i platinumed so that game is dear to my heart. But thats just my opinion.

7 hours ago, Bubblyfishes said:

RAGE

honestly, such a terrific (albeit short) game with one of the worst endings i've experienced over the years. loved the dystopian atmosphere, graphics, weapons, vehicles, basically everything. so yes, i was disappointed.

Outlast

the game got me hooked from the very first minutes, great horror game but i didn't dig the ending at all. i know the DLC clarifies one or two things but i just expected more.

there's a lot more of course, but these two are the most fresh in my memory. finished outlast a month ago and just bought the expansion for RAGE.

outlast's end was pretty shit i saw a LP on youtube i was hooked on those videos then after seeing the ending was very disappointed.

7 hours ago, Terra said:

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Ending felt abrupt and was over in a matter of a minute. No real emotion shown in the main characters. I felt cheated out for a potentially heartwarming or bitter ending.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Bad Ending

What was seriously the whole point of the game if everything you worked for dies in front of you, you included! Horrible ending for a likable cast and left a sour taste in my mouth for Darth Vader. 

L.A. Noire

For a game I consider to be one of my favorite crime/mystery games, I found the ending to be insulting. Nothing really gets wrapped up and after Cole meets his end, the game just ends with happy generic music. I stared at my television screen for ten whole minutes waiting for an actual ending but none came. 

I agree with L.A Noire ending never played the other games you mentioned i never finished L.A Noire but saw the ending on youtube and i do agree it was unsatisfying and disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...

Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Tales of Xillia 2 had sad endings which I didn't really like. FFXIII-2 was probably the worst one.

FFXV lacked explanation and just left me sitting there thinking what just happened. 

Edited by Lava_Yuki

Prince of Persia (2008)

This game was just a masterpiece! From the visual, the soundtrack, the gameplay itself, the story. Despite that you can't Game Over. Everything was good... until it came the cliffhanging ending... and even the (unacceptable) Epilogue DLC wasn't a conclusion at all. A amazing game with a shitty ending.

Assassin's Creed III

As a former fan of Assassin's Creed, I still remember how the series was planed to be a trilogy. After two extra games Brotherhood (which was such excellent as AC2) and Revelations (a disappointment), AC3 seemed to be the final conclusion of the series and Edmond's journey. AC3 had a really engaging story (despite the less-charismatic Conor). All of these five years of waiting a game Numbered THREE got wasted... no ending choices, just a straight-forward bad ending. And the worst is that the franchise kept coming with sequels and a clueless boring present-time story.