Resident Evil Revelations Coming to PS4 this Fall

4 hours ago, yoamosilenthill said:

Why can't they remaster the RE games we actually want? like both Outbreak and Code Veronica. 

Add Haunting Ground to that too, not a Resident Evil game but a good survival horror game from them.

I agree, they should remaster Haunting Ground. I miss that game so much, and I thought I was the only one who liked the Outbreak series. xD

• Like 2

I loved the first game, i hope that when i play online i don't have to catch players with the infinite rocket launcher FGS :)

4 hours ago, yoamosilenthill said:

Why can't they remaster the RE games we actually want? like both Outbreak and Code Veronica. 

Add Haunting Ground to that too, not a Resident Evil game but a good survival horror game from them.

Outbreak is bad! they need to remaster RE2 and 3 with trophies

34 minutes ago, Cake said:

I agree, they should remaster Haunting Ground. I miss that game so much, and I thought I was the only one who liked the Outbreak series. xD

I really would love to have a Haunting Ground remaster, I would also like to have a RE Dead Aim one although that game isn't very well known so I kind of doubt it'll happen (unless Capcom makes a PS2 emulation of it for the PS4). Haunting Ground isn't exactly popular either but I believe with a little promotion, trailers, etc many people would be interested to give it a try.

Oh and you're really not the only one hoping for an Outbreak remaster! read my reply below.

21 minutes ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

I loved the first game, i hope that when i play online i don't have to catch players with the infinite rocket launcher FGS :)

Outbreak is bad! they need to remaster RE2 and 3 with trophies

I don't think it must be that bad considering that people keeps requesting remasters of it on every twit and FB post that Capcom does, if you go to this same twit about the Revelations remaster announcement you'll also see people requesting Outbreak on its comment section.

Although I believe many people request it just for its online co-op function, not so much for its single-player campaign.

Edited by yoamosilenthill

2 minutes ago, yoamosilenthill said:

I don't think it must be that bad considering that people keeps requesting remasters of it on every twit and FB post that Capcom does, if you go to this same twit about the Revelations remaster announcement you'll also see people requesting Outbreak on its comment section.

Although I believe many people request it just for its online co-op function, not so much for its single-player campaign.

It's only bad when someone prefers the remaster of outbreak to RE2,3!
You talking about hauting ground?
This is impossible to happen ! For that capcom had to bring dino crisis too, I don't believe they are facing these remasters 

5 hours ago, yoamosilenthill said:

haunting ground would be awesome with a platinum trophy, I think the game is currently exclusive to the Japanese store for the ps3 as a ps2 classic or that's what I heard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

It's only bad when someone prefers the remaster of outbreak to RE2,3!
You talking about hauting ground?
This is impossible to happen ! For that capcom had to bring dino crisis too, I don't believe they are facing these remasters 

I actually do, because RE 2 and 3 are already available on maaany platforms and pretty much everyone has played them already one way or another, meanwhile Outbreak was only released on PS2 so I think that game deserves a little more spotlight than another RE 2 and 3 re-release.

With this I'm not saying I don't want to see the original PS1 trilogy of RE on PS4 because I actually do and would love to play them, but there are other games who deserves the re-release treatment better.

And about Haunting Ground I don't see it as impossible since it was available on PS3 last gen, although only for Japan. If Capcom would join the PS2-PS4 emulation at some point (with some rumors pointing this might happen, starting with them re-releasing God Hand on the PS4) then we could surely see Haunting Ground again, after all they have been having great success with their survival horror re-releases lately.

Edited by yoamosilenthill
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, yoamosilenthill said:

Yes! I'd love to play Outbreak again. One of my favorite games on the PS2 when I was growing up. I've been watching videos of people playing the JP version on the PC online with other players. I wouldn't mind playing Haunting Ground as well. I've only ever seen gameplay of it, I never got to actually play it myself so I'd love that.

Edited by Stardust
  • Like 1

Good news. I enjoyed this game on the 3DS. Would love to play it again for trophies.

I think I'm the only one here who wants this Resident Evil 2 remake to cover the entirety of the Raccoon City incident. I think I'd be sour if it was the exact game, story and all. Feels like a disrespect to all the knowledge we have of other events that took place, like RE 3 and the Outbreak files.

This is great. It's a very good game. Probably the best "action orientated" Resident Evil game since RE4. I never got around to playing it on PS3 thanks to that one trophy that required you to play online. Now that it's coming to PS4, it'll be easier to convince someone to play it with me, haha. :lol:

11 hours ago, yoamosilenthill said:

So much yes to the outbreak, code veronica and haunting ground statement! Especially Haunting Ground as I never played it before and want to really badly. It goes for ridiculous prices online for the ps2. I wouldn't mind paying like $15 for a digital copy. 

As for revelations I'm also happy that it's being remastered once more. It's funny actually because I was thinking of playing it again recently but I might as well wait for this to release. I definitely want to try and platinum it this time! :D

12 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

This is great. It's a very good game. Probably the best "action orientated" Resident Evil game since RE4. I never got around to playing it on PS3 thanks to that one trophy that required you to play online. Now that it's coming to PS4, it'll be easier to convince someone to play it with me, haha. :lol:

Actually the Revelations series are supposed to be more survival horror orientated rather than action, although it's survival horror is still far away from the excellent survival horror seen on RE 7, since the Revelations games still features all those elements from recent action entries like punches, kicks, checkpoints, partners, easy "puzzles", etc... and some sections of it are more action orientated like those snow scenes. Still a far better RE game than 5 and 6 in my opinion so hope you enjoy it.

11 hours ago, WinterHitman said:

So much yes to the outbreak, code veronica and haunting ground statement! Especially Haunting Ground as I never played it before and want to really badly. It goes for ridiculous prices online for the ps2. I wouldn't mind paying like $15 for a digital copy. 

As for revelations I'm also happy that it's being remastered once more. It's funny actually because I was thinking of playing it again recently but I might as well wait for this to release. I definitely want to try and platinum it this time! :D

Glad to see someone else agrees. Yeah those kind of rare old games are sold at expensive prices just due to their rarity, so a much cheaper port/remaster would be greatly appreciated!

10 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

they are already working on a re 2 and 3 remaster

Are you sure? the only thing we know is that they are remaking RE 2, which is not the same as a simple remaster. I guess it's very likely that they will remake RE 3 too if the RE 2 remake does well on sales but I never heard that they were remastering the PS1 versions, maybe you got confused?

3 hours ago, yoamosilenthill said:

Actually the Revelations series are supposed to be more survival horror orientated rather than action, although it's survival horror is still far away from the excellent survival horror seen on RE 7, since the Revelations games still features all those elements from recent action entries like punches, kicks, checkpoints, partners, easy "puzzles", etc... and some sections of it are more action orientated like those snow scenes. Still a far better RE game than 5 and 6 in my opinion so hope you enjoy it.

I've played the game before on Xbox 360. When I say "action orientated", I'm just referring to the over the shoulder perspective RE games. They do tend to have much more action in them than the classic RE games (stuff like RE1, RE2, Code Veronica, etc). Although yes, Revelations is less action focused than a game like RE6. That's part of the reason why I consider it to be one of the better Resident Evil games in recent years. I'm looking forward to playing it again. :)

• Like 1