Resident Evil Revelations Coming to PS4 this Fall

12 hours ago, yoamosilenthill said:

Actually the Revelations series are supposed to be more survival horror orientated rather than action, although it's survival horror is still far away from the excellent survival horror seen on RE 7, since the Revelations games still features all those elements from recent action entries like punches, kicks, checkpoints, partners, easy "puzzles", etc... and some sections of it are more action orientated like those snow scenes. Still a far better RE game than 5 and 6 in my opinion so hope you enjoy it.

Glad to see someone else agrees. Yeah those kind of rare old games are sold at expensive prices just due to their rarity, so a much cheaper port/remaster would be greatly appreciated!

Are you sure? the only thing we know is that they are remaking RE 2, which is not the same as a simple remaster. I guess it's very likely that they will remake RE 3 too if the RE 2 remake does well on sales but I never heard that they were remastering the PS1 versions, maybe you got confused?

yea that what i ment sorry my terminology got confused but im til looking forward to it none the le if they do a well a the re 0 and re1 remakes/remasters

• Like 1

On 3/14/2017 at 3:32 AM, yoamosilenthill said:

Why can't they remaster the RE games we actually want? like both Outbreak and Code Veronica. 

Add Haunting Ground to that too, not a Resident Evil game but a good survival horror game from them.

Because that takes more effort than a relatively simple port. This fucker was built on, what was it? MS Framework or something similar sounding. Anyway, it was meant to be a super duper lightweight engine that could make really pretty shit happen on lower spec'd devices like the 3DS, which this game was built for. In theory, from everything I've heard from them, bringing the game over to newer platforms should be a breeze. 

I have this on 3DS, and the only thing that would get me to buy it again would have been a decently priced bundle of this and Revelations 2, which I'm yet to pick up, otherwise I'm happy with my previous copy, but good for everyone else who's not yet jumped in on it.

8 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Because that takes more effort than a relatively simple port. This fucker was built on, what was it? MS Framework or something similar sounding. Anyway, it was meant to be a super duper lightweight engine that could make really pretty shit happen on lower spec'd devices like the 3DS, which this game was built for. In theory, from everything I've heard from them, bringing the game over to newer platforms should be a breeze. 

I have this on 3DS, and the only thing that would get me to buy it again would have been a decently priced bundle of this and Revelations 2, which I'm yet to pick up, otherwise I'm happy with my previous copy, but good for everyone else who's not yet jumped in on it.

Yes I know but since Outbreak and Code Veronica are pretty much the only ones that people are spamming Capcom one every twit/post they make to bring them over to current gen I guess it's time to give them what they want, or at least start doing it after they bring this Revelations game then. I just hope they don't decide to remaster "Operation Raccoon City" right after this one -_- 

Code Veronica X was already remastered on the PS3/X360 so that one should be more easy to port to current gen than Outbreak, since the later requires the whole remaster process and also create new online servers for it (because that's pretty much why everyone is asking for Outbreak in the first place) then I can see it taking longer than expected to be remastered.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This PS4 port will feature a new Raid Mode stage called Ghost Ship: Chaos which seems to be a higher difficulty variation of the regular Ghost Ship stage. REV will feature all of the previous DLC and the game will be running at 1080/60fps. Here's 2 videos that were released today of the game running on PS4/Xbone.

REV will be released on August 31, 2017

dSNWnQb.jpg

Edited by Aranea Highwind
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Aranea Highwind said:

This PS4 port will feature a new Raid Mode stage called Ghost Ship: Chaos which seems to be a higher difficulty variation of the regular Ghost Ship stage. REV will feature all of the previous DLC and the game will be running at 1080/60fps. Here's 2 videos that were released today of the game running on PS4/Xbone.

REV will be released on August 31, 2017

Spoiler

dSNWnQb.jpg

Nice. Good to know they've at least tried adding something new, even if it's not much. I remember Raid Mode being a ton of fun. Definitely my favourite bonus game mode in any Resident Evil game.

1080p/60fps is what I expected. The game looks pretty good, especially when you consider how it was originally a 3DS game. Jill's ass looks as glorious as ever. :eyebrow: It would be nice if they added PS4 Pro support though. Even just a slight bump in resolution would be welcome.

I may get this on launch. It all depends on how much they're charging for it. £15 sounds about right considering how it's not a huge improvement over the PS3 remaster.

• 2 months later...