PSN Rarity

Sly Ripper

So the feature shows what the PSN overall shows? Alright add on, but I mostly focus on what this site's rarity is more so than PSN where even some of the games that have easy plats for an example, PSN's rarity would say it's ultra rare which that doesn't seems to be true. Will disable that or honstely disable the option where I noticed after I saw the change, I looked of my settings and I don't see the check box on there, but most likely I still see the PSN percentage where I don't really care of PSN's percentage, only PSNP's rarity.

Edited by Superstarmaste1r
  • Like 3

Although I appreciate the works of this site's development team always , this was unnecessary a little bit, it results in infollution. For those who wanna see this stat, it should have added in another place not clicking on the trophy name because we now need to take two steps to see the details. First step went to unnecessarry detail now..

• Like 1

I like this new feature but it does have a drawback that's been mentioned. While it does show the accurate number of people who have played the game, there is a good majority who aren't trophy hunters and thus will have only a few trophies for a game, which drives up the rarity. Not much of a problem for popular titles but for the others? I see issues but they aren't major. 

Meh i'm in the Team that waits for the Hover update because it's just annoying now. And useless?

Plus yeah Clearly isn't on PC who says it's not annoying, you literally touch a trophy watching a list and Sbam PSN Rarity which me and others don't cares for.

Like 60% of the trophies or almost are Rare or Ultra-Rare on the PSN Rarity, there's no even a real point to see that,. at least here most of the users are Trophy hunters or collect some of them so it's more trustable; i think that the fact that an easy and just a little grinding Plat like Stories i'm playing it's 17,58% on PSNP and 2% rarity with PSN rate it's quite the example, Stories Can't be only 1% More Rare than Yakuza 0, that's not true and fair just because Stories was plaied by tons of people casually with the Plus....

Edited by Sora9427
  • Like 4

On 2017/3/14 at 6:00 AM, Dav9834 said:

The majority on the Playstation network don't platinum games as much as those on psnprofiles.com. 

It's also a larger base of people. 

So if the majority of people who bought the game on Playstation as a whole only got 10% of the trophies on a game it would show the Rarity as lower(like ultra rare). 

But on psnp let's say the majority get 50% of the trophies on a game then it wouldn't be very rare. More people got it. 

So you can either compare your trophies to the Rarity of 100s of millions or just those on psnprofiles.com

Hope that helps :)

thanks,i get it.but how can i to get the whole playstation network players trophies data ?

3 hours ago, closertim said:

I like it,  but is there more info you can gather off the psn rarity?.  Game owners etc.  

Seeing as how Sony refuses to share how many PS+ members there are or how much a PS+ game gets downloaded while it's free, I'm guessing that number of game owners can't be found on PSN like trophy rarity can.

1 minute ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I knew I should have said 'ignoring the fact that not everything is UR' xD

Well it is a nice feature... But I think my hard work is over-appreciated now with these stats on PSN. I'd rather have them show both of the rarities like how "Mio-chan" made them, than having them hover around the description and get a "over kill rarity" :P 

But them weeb games being UR isn't a bad thing though xD 

1 minute ago, Hertz said:

But them weeb games being UR isn't a bad thing though xD 

Non, non!

The true weeb finds PSNP UR weeb games! 

Even with PSN rarity, not many weeb games are going to be UR anyway =D From what I've seen, Neps tend to be in 10-20%s, mega weeb games are almost never UR.

And talking about VNs... Well, yea, VNs are at least closer to what rarities should be :)

1 minute ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Non, non!

Even with PSN rarity, not many weeb games are going to be UR anyway =D From what I've seen, Neps tend to be in 10-20%s, mega weeb games are almost never UR.

And talking about VNs... Well, yea, VNs are at least closer to what rarities should be :)

Persona 4 Arena/ Ultimax? :awesome: 

Yeah for sure I'd like to have more of them in UR format of course but like what you mentioned, most of them are easier. 

I still feel bad about the VNs though.... Sure they're easy but they totally got abused though ;/ 

10 minutes ago, Hertz said:

Persona 4 Arena/ Ultimax? :awesome: 

That's not weeb!

It doesn't have proper voices where it matters :/

2 minutes ago, jaehyun1009 said:

Kind of going off-topic, but why is mugen souls platinum almost 4x more common in PSN compared to PSNP? Does that game have THAT many hackers?

I wouldn't say hackers but more Japanese players.

On 3/15/2017 at 6:43 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

I wouldn't say hackers but more Japanese players.

On 3/15/2017 at 7:01 PM, jaehyun1009 said:

Huh, never realized that game had a shared trophy list between regions.

It has a different list for Korea and another list for Japan. I'm pretty sure it's because of the hackers. I've personally reported about 60 of them on here.

Edited by kuuhaku

5 minutes ago, jaehyun1009 said:

Huh, never realized that game had a shared trophy list between regions.

Oh yea, you are right, it's not shared... there's this for Japan https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1391-圧倒的遊戯-ムゲンソウルズ

In that case, it's definitely weird.

But still, there could be some maniacs who aren't trophy hunters but spent their time grinding this =D 

The localized list has only <9000 owners. There could be many others that Platted the game and are not here.

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Non, non!

How about the dream club games or sonicomi? I think those are both UR