PSN Rarity

Sly Ripper

I'm on the team that wants an option to disable them miceovers or at least make 'hitboxes' smaller. I find global PSN rarity devaluating and I don't want to see it on my profile here. 'Cuz I gotsta git gud within this 1337 community, not gen pop:comp:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yep, yep, both are on my list :awesome:

I already have SoniComi but I'm not sure about DC... there apparently is some ad-hoc trophy.

The only one that I'm aware of that has multiplayer is Mahjong Dream Club, which is for completing 10 online matches. The vita one doesn't have any ad-hoc

Edited by SnowxSakura

Would love to see how the overall PSN rarity affects my trophy advisor or even the site-wide trophies page (psnprofiles.com/trophies).

Looking forward to when this stat gets added to all areas of the site, if possible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Yeah I think just hovering over the rarity area itself would be a good idea, it has actually tripped me up a few times even though I was well aware of it lol

That would be a much better idea imo. Also means mobile users don't have to double tap to see a trophy

6 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Yeah I think just hovering over the rarity area itself would be a good idea, it has actually tripped me up a few times even though I was well aware of it lol

Yep, something like that. 

Or even better, on the trophy value image.

That would actually fix everything. The hover area would be smaller, PSNP rarity would be copyable and whoever wouldn't want to use it, would be able to avoid it :D

Nice addition, Sly.  I'm very happy about this.  Just me personally, I never regarded PSNP rarity.  No offense, but PSN rarity is the official rarity.  Comparing the two is interesting though.  Obviously, trophies aren't going to be as rare according to PSNP.  Just my own personal opinion.  Clearly, 1337s probably think otherwise. 

Edited by Spider-Man916

26 minutes ago, daftprophet said:

Nice addition. I haven't looked at all of them but I found it funny that Battle Fantasia is more rare on PSNP's scale than PSN.

Mamorukun Curse is significantly more rare on PSNP than on PSN. I don't know if it's just hackers or a glitch in the PSN rarity computation, but I guarantee you that 20% of players in real life haven't achieved the Mamorukun Curse Plat.

So much for the "official" rarity...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daftprophet said:

Nice addition. I haven't looked at all of them but I found it funny that Battle Fantasia is more rare on PSNP's scale than PSN.

51 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Mamorukun Curse is significantly more rare on PSNP than on PSN. I don't know if it's just hackers or a glitch in the PSN rarity computation, but I guarantee you that 20% of players in real life haven't achieved the Mamorukun Curse Plat.

So much for the "official" rarity...

Possibly the same as Mugen Souls.

Guess we found the top 3 hacked games, lol.

• Like 1

I'm incredibly happy to see this update. PSNP rarity means much less to me than PSN's overall rarity, so I switched it ASAP and I'm never going back. Thank you, Sly!

our similar abbreviations will never not be weird

On 3/13/2017 at 3:48 PM, Sly Ripper said:

DaZeEyv.png

Also, out of curiosity, what is that first screenshot? Is that a mobile version of the site?

Edited by SlyCooperFan100

5 hours ago, SlyCooperFan100 said:

I'm incredibly happy to see this update. PSNP rarity means much less to me than PSN's overall rarity, so I switched it ASAP and I'm never going back. Thank you, Sly!

Also, out of curiosity, what is that first screenshot? Is that a mobile version of the site?

Yes! We need a mobile version or a mobile App! I visit so much often PSNP on my mobile!

8 hours ago, SlyCooperFan100 said:

I just cropped a trophy list

The 'official' rarity is not as credible/accurate as people seem to think.  PSN doesn't remove any hackers or make any attempt at it. 

Any account that has been synced with the server will be included in the percentages.  So that is why trophies are so rare, because every dummy (or otherwise) account that has ever been created and synced will have trophies accounted for.

Because so many accounts are included on PSN, and the rarity are so skewed, too many trophies are at less than 0.1%.  How valuable is that stat?  Its not precise and too common to be of any use.

PSN ratings are not more precise, accurate, valuable or useful than PSNP or other websites, its just another gauge.  And a less useful gauge too.  I'd rather compare with other gamers than so many dummy accounts.  So removing (or attempting to) hackers and not including all accounts has more accuracy and credibility.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I see many people here with this mindset.

Care to explain?

Especially considering PSN overall rarity is accessible through other means?

Why, it's obvious. The rarity shoots up, and you end up with so much more of them beautiful URs... and it feels even more :awesome: when you can turn it on here.