PSN Rarity

Sly Ripper

6 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I see many people here with this mindset.

Care to explain?

Especially considering PSN overall rarity is accessible through other means?

I like PSN rarity more because it more accurately reflects on reality.

I do sort of wish that URs are 1% or below instead of 5% on PSN, though. So like this: 0-1% Ultra Rare, 1-5% Very Rare, 5-15% Rare, 15-50% Uncommon, 50-100% Common

Edited by jaehyun1009
double post

On 14.03.2017 at 8:36 AM, Undead Wolf said:

I always appreciate more options, but I don't really like how it changes just by hovering over it. I find it quite annoying if I'm honest. It makes a lot more sense to me if it displayed both stats when you actually clicked on the trophy itself. Maybe you could change it to something like this?

ncbxkCk.png

Can be achieved with custom CSS rule:

table.zebra tr td.hover-show,
table.zebra tr:hover td.hover-hide {
	display: table-cell !important;
}

Result is always like this:

Spoiler

pspn-double-rarity-view.png

• Like 3

On 3/28/2017 at 5:25 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

I see many people here with this mindset.

Care to explain?

Especially considering PSN overall rarity is accessible through other means?

It's just a preference, honestly. It's not because I like seeing higher rarities - it's because I think the higher rarities are more indicative of the general gamer than a website literally dedicated to trophy hunting. While PSN's official numbers may or may not remove hackers, I personally doubt there's enough of them to make as much of an impact as they would on a site like PSNP.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SlyCooperFan100 said:

While PSN's official numbers may or may not remove hackers, I personally doubt there's enough of them to make as much of an impact as they would on a site like PSNP.

Check out Mugen Souls. The rarity is actually lower on psnp because of all of the hackers who were removed (I've personally reported more than 60 who were then removed.) It goes from 2.7% on psn to under 0.7% on psnp because of the removal of the hackers. That's a pretty large difference.

13 hours ago, SlyCooperFan100 said:

While PSN's official numbers may or may not remove hackers, I personally doubt there's enough of them to make as much of an impact as they would on a site like PSNP.

There's a ton of them. It really screws up rarities for games that have a limited user base. Power Gig's plat has a (current) rarity of .71% here, but has a PSN rarity of 10x that. There have literally been hundreds of hacked plats on this game (I myself have reported this well over 100 times). They come in at rates of up 10 a week. I'm pretty sure it's the exact same asshole every time, too (all of the timestamps are exactly the same every time - a plat on November 15th, 2013, or December 9th, 2013 has always been a hack).

On 3/15/2017 at 6:04 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

And valid reasoning for this opinion?

well, hate isn't really the word, i just prefer psn rarity. i don't really care about the rarity of only the people on this site. it's not because trophies are more rare on psn rarity cause i could care less, i just prefer the overall number.

On 3/30/2017 at 7:19 PM, SlyCooperFan100 said:

Yoostar 2 is another one. It is literally impossible to platinum the game, but the PSN rarity is at 4.2% because of hackers.

3 hours ago, Razor_Gloves said:

well, hate isn't really the word, i just prefer psn rarity. i don't really care about the rarity of only the people on this site. it's not because trophies are more rare on psn rarity cause i could care less, i just prefer the overall number.

Well, okay...

Though, I feel it's like saying something like 'Hey, I'm earning more than a homeless person'. You know, comparing yourself to someone not on the same situation. In this case, trophy hunters to non-trophy hunters.

• Like 2

Is there a way to see what the average PSN completion percentage for a game is?

On 2017-03-14 at 5:08 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

If you complete a game,you will get many ultra rares trophies.I guess the majority of gamers aren't completionists

The hell games are people playing if this is the case? Vast majority of the games I play never have ultra rares for the story trophies. It's usually more out of the way, grindy stuff that's ultra rare.

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

Is there a way to see what the average PSN completion percentage for a game is?

The hell games are people playing if this is the case? Vast majority of the games I play never have ultra rares for the story trophies. It's usually more out of the way, grindy stuff that's ultra rare.

I'm not sure if you agree or disagree with me.Anyway,when i say ''complete a game'' i don't mean finish the story.I mean complete it 100%, doing all optional stuff

On 3/30/2017 at 10:29 PM, iAlphaSoldier said:

I wish the PSN rarity was visible in more areas than just the profile and trophy list and also added to statistcs. It's good that I can compare my progress not only to other trophy hunters, but all gamers on PSN in general.

Sly said in another thread that it will be expanded into the trophy log and statistics. I would link the post but I am not sure what thread it was in.

10 minutes ago, skateak said:

Sly said in another thread that it will be expanded into the trophy log and statistics. I would link the post but I am not sure what thread it was in.

Don't need to link the post I take your word for it ? Thanks for pointing that out to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skateak said:

1 hour ago, iAlphaSoldier said:

Don't need to link the post I take your word for it ? Thanks for pointing that out to me. 

It was this very thread in the first post :P

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FielVeredus said:

Is it possible to show 2 digits of PSN percentage ?

I don't think you can. PlayStation just shows the one I don't think Sly can magically make another appear. Then again he did a lot of things I didn't think would be possible so what do I know?

• 1 month later...
On 02/04/2017 at 4:47 AM, CL5INT0N2 said:

PSN rarity takes the fun out of trophy hunting. Where is the fun in getting UR & VR trophies almost every single time?

I agree having so many UR & VR trophies does make trophies kind of useless, i mean why would you want to compare trophies with people who don't care about them.

Edited by Jun_Kazama316

This is cool feature but at as others have been saying it isn't the same comparing the people on this site to the common rabble that play.  I do think it is nice to see the difference between members and everyone but the plethora of UR and VR that are on PSN make it not as rewarding to get them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...