PSN Rarity

Sly Ripper

2 hours ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Wish that can be emulated on mobile phones as well. Could actually do this one for my desktop as well if smartphones have this option.

You can download the Dolphin browser on mobile and install the tampermonkey add on to it. It'll allow you to use the javascript code.

Does anyone know why the name color for games and trophies on your PSNP profile is not like the one on your profile on PS3/PS Vita anymore? I feel like this site had some really terrible downgrades recently.

Edited by Amonares

41 minutes ago, Dark Prince said:

Also anyone know why color of the games/trophies on your PSNP profile is not like your profile color on ps3/ps vita anymore? It's like this site had some really terrible downgrades since I was last active..

It was removed when the elevator music came on April Fools Day and it was never restored. I'm not sure of the reasoning though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dark Prince said:

Also anyone know why color of the games/trophies on your PSNP profile is not like your profile color on ps3/ps vita anymore? It's like this site had some really terrible downgrades since I was last active..

Changing the colour of links was confusing people.

32 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

Changing the colour of links was confusing people.

Well, hovering over trophies and showing PSN rarities instead of PSNP rarities (even though I've set it to PSNP rarity only) is also confusing and annoying A LOT of people.. But yeah whatever.

• Like 3

I like the way that we can now see both levels of rarity

Now I can hover over trophies and it makes me look like I am a leet gamer

Sadly though when the hovering stops there is the reality of how common most of mine are :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 13/03/2017 at 7:48 PM, Sly Ripper said:

PSN rarity has been added, you can see it while hovering on a trophy, or set the PSN rarity to default in your settings to reverse them. I'll expand this to other places soon (trophy log etc).

As it doesn't appear to have happened yet, will this also be getting expanded to the Trophy Cabinet/Trophy Log sections on the Profile screen? It would make sense.

Personally, I find the PSN rarity to be the only one which really matters, as it's the only true and consistent measure.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

So why are there percentage numbers in the green ticked / platinum squares? Especially since they're incorrect, showing platted games with 0% rarity.

New feature: 

Sly said in there that it will take 24 hours for all the things to show correctly, so any that show as 0% are probably just not updated yet. 

Edit: Almost exactly the same thing as the person at the same time. 8)

Edited by Gage

• 1 month later...

It would be amazing if we could sort completed games and that to be updated for other visitors aswel :) I was in delusion that everything is perfect on my profile, but when I checked my page from Incognito I noticed huge mess :) Worst thing is that I can't put my 4 non platinium games on bottom of the list for every viewer only cause they are last played recently and updated with random trophy :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Wanted to ask why some games have misleading rarities?

I really prefer this rarity system over Playstation's because I think it looks more realistic, but there are some trophies that have illogical rarities mostly seen in DLC's or updates probably because of owners.

For example:

1) On The Last of Us Remastered, the DLC trophy for completing the game on Grounded(and Grounded+) is more common than the game's lower difficulties. Grounded+ trophy is more common than all NG+ difficulties and slightly more common than Hard difficulty. Even if all these trophies are inside the game and are stackable, meaning you can't earn Grounded/Grounded+ without earning the lower difficulty trophies, they are more common for some reason.

2) On Batman Return to Arkham - Arkham City, that's an even more odd situation. All DLC's are in the game, DLC trophies for clearing challenges with Catwoman are quite rare but the same DLC trophies for Robin and Nightwing are way more common. Campaign Kitty(Catwoman) has a 3.43% rarity while the other two Campaign Wonder(Robin) and Campaign Nightwing(Nightwing) have 16.10% and 16.15%, respectively.

3) On Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, additional trophies update v1.12 has 4,308 owners while the later update v1.14 has 10,738 owners, which doesn't make sense in the first place and probably effects trophy rarities of these two updates.

If the DLC is inside the game(phisical & digital) and there is no way to get the game without the DLC they should have the same number of owners.

Edited by Kiyan-13

38 minutes ago, Kiyan-13 said:

Wanted to ask why some games have misleading rarities?

I really prefer this rarity system over Playstation's because I think it looks more realistic, but there are some trophies that have illogical rarities mostly seen in DLC's or updates probably because of owners.

For example:

1) On The Last of Us Remastered, the DLC trophy for completing the game on Grounded(and Grounded+) is more common than the game's lower difficulties. Grounded+ trophy is more common than all NG+ difficulties and slightly more common than Hard difficulty. Even if all these trophies are inside the game and are stackable, meaning you can't earn Grounded/Grounded+ without earning the lower difficulty trophies, they are more common for some reason.

2) On Batman Return to Arkham - Arkham City, that's an even more odd situation. All DLC's are in the game, DLC trophies for clearing challenges with Catwoman are quite rare but the same DLC trophies for Robin and Nightwing are way more common. Campaign Kitty(Catwoman) has a 3.43% rarity while the other two Campaign Wonder(Robin) and Campaign Nightwing(Nightwing) have 16.10% and 16.15%, respectively.

3) On Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, additional trophies update v1.12 has 4,308 owners while the later update v1.14 has 10,738 owners, which doesn't make sense in the first place and probably effects trophy rarities of these two updates.

If the DLC is inside the game(phisical & digital) and there is no way to get the game without the DLC they should have the same number of owners.

DLC rarity is based on the # of DLC owners, not the base game.

4 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

DLC rarity is based on the # of DLC owners, not the base game.

It wouldn't hurt to read someone's entire post before replying, especially if you don't want to end up replying with ignorance.

4 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

@Kiyan-13 DLC trophies rarity is calculated as a "geometric mean of both rarities calculated from the number of game owners and our value for DLC owners.", whole system is described in the link below. It was blowing my mind for quite a bit of time until I've decided to search the forums for information.

I'm not saying it's wrong method or that I don't understand how it works. What I'm saying is that some games get released with all DLC's inside, meaning everyone who is owner of the base game is also owner of these "DLC's". My examples were very specific and enlightening, at least for someone who gets to read them.

Anyway, short version for people who don't like reading:

1) Keep the current rarity calculating method.

2) Exclude games that get released with "DLC's" inside the game.

3) Don't forget to read....

• Like 1