Rootin tootin lootin trophy easiest method?

Honestly, just play the game. Ive done this 5 times between PSN/XBL and I've never had an issue getting orange weapons (I always play as Sam B if that makes a difference). You will get them just playing the campaign and leveling up to 50 (As long as you actually play and don't use an exploit).

Im playing as Sam B too , already finished the story and im currently lvl 42 but i've never found any weapon.

People saying that there's a chance to find a weapon in the arena (Bloodbath DLC) at round 20 probably , it gives you a notification saying "zombie is carrying a  (unique ,rare and uncommon ) but not an orange weapon. I was playing in arena A easy by the way.

What might happen if use an exploit? Cuz i did that champagne xp glitch a couple of times. But i dont think that's the reason why i can't find any weapon , because i did it after completing the story.

Hm. I did this on the 360 way back in the day and don't recall having to do anything special to get this. I guess it is luck based to some extent but I tend to be very ocd when it comes to opening containers in games that allow you to hoard just about everything you find in large numbers. I don't know a good place, but remember that the game only really saves your quest progress so if you find a spot that has a lot of chests you should be able to keep going back to that by exiting a saving.

In any case you have some time to just get lucky since you aren't level 50 yet.....

• 2 weeks later...

I reloaded a save yesterday after getting into the bunker and it didn't refill the three chests you are referring to. I might try going back tonight since I've moved on from that location. One other note if this ends up being the only trophy you need (I can't see how that would be possible, but anything is I suppose) there is one character that gets a bonus to finding quality loot. Not sure if this increases the chance of all loot types or if it just increases the chance you will get a quality loot item, in either case it should allow a better chance of finding orange weapons.

1. Yeah, I like Floorkiller74 said, the chest don't seem to reload. I'm finding some chests do reload, but I'm not sure if they reload only if you don't take an item out of them. Could be only specific ones are one time use things or that you can reopen them again if you don't take the loot. If it is the later, then I would recommend only taking the loot if it is worth getting.

I also think it a bit odd you haven't gotten any yet. I've played all 4 characters through Act 1 and I'm playing my main character through the story normally and have finished all quests available up to prior to Act 2 and am only level 26 and I've gotten 2 Orange level weapons already. This one trophy does sound like a terrible trophy to get if it ends up being your last one. At least the others you can work towards and know you are progressing. This one could technically take you the rest of your life to complete if you are extremely unlucky. Good luck

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got this without real issue - despite the first one I looted from a dead zombie in the Hotel area in Act 1 not counting. The nun in the Church gives you one too (doesn't count) and you can buy another none counter from the laboratory - but so far I have found 8 in chests without using any of the exploits - just check every chest you come to and eventually you will start to find them.

I think you have to be above level 18 or 20 ish as most of them are in the 20's bracket, so once you pop that level they should start to appear.

I farmed the rage kills outside the lab - going out to where the two cabins are and using it there to rack up between 5 and 10 kills each time. I then drove a car down to the Shaman village and back and down to Mowens boat, racking up kills to charge the rage meter, rinse and repeat. There are three chests near to Mowens boat and another three outside the lab with more in the warehouse and on the roofs of those two cabins. so, theoretically you can loot at least 8 boxes doing that alone. 

Having said that - that method only secured me one orange weapon in the 20 odd times I circled to get the rage kills.

The rest I found randomly.