Aipher

Lab technician trophy

12 posts in this topic

I managed to play several sessions of public Game Lab (at least 3-4 hours worth), mostly staying from matchmaking to game end - as host and otherwise, yet the trophy never popped. Some games I joined in progress, but mostly just stayed after the last one ended. I noticed people dropping out and joining in most games too, not sure if that had an effect. Is there some special requirement for getting the trophy? Searched all over and found nothing except "got it after playing for a while" basically. Any help appreciated. 

Are you sure you're actually joining game lab games? If you spend a long time searching for a game and nobody's playing what you're searching for, the search will reset and add a new range of settings and game modes to look for.

If that happens, you're more likely to end up in a normal game because hardly anyone plays game labs these days.

Edited by Shadiochao

Try starting a boosting session here to ensure enough people come online and play a game start to finish. If the trophy doesn't pop, you may need to delete and re-install the game.

8 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

Are you sure you're actually joining game lab games? If you spend a long time searching for a game and nobody's playing what you're searching for, the search will reset and add a new range of settings and game modes to look for.

If that happens, you're more likely to end up in a normal game because hardly anyone plays game labs these days.

You know what, thanks for that. It never occurred to me I might be joining non Game Lab games, seems likely the case. Is there a way to check? Or better yet, any way to ensure I join a Game Lab session? After many months I just jumped right into MP blind (after only playing SP back then) and hardly remembered controls.

8 hours ago, MeteorHawk said:

Try starting a boosting session here to ensure enough people come online and play a game start to finish. If the trophy doesn't pop, you may need to delete and re-install the game.

Will probably start some sort of boosting session. I'll do wolfpack solo to level up a bit more to get more skills (bodyguard) and maybe make a group to knockout All rounder at the same time. Managed to use copycat to copy Bodyguard a few times last night but never managed to use it on the 9 prestige, level 99 guys I ran into. I did reinstall the game after first 3-4 full games I finished, but it didn't help, likely due to what Shad said.

1 minute ago, Aipher said:

You know what, thanks for that. It never occurred to me I might be joining non Game Lab games, seems likely the case. Is there a way to check? Or better yet, any way to ensure I join a Game Lab session? After many months I just jumped right into MP blind (after only playing SP back then) and hardly remembered controls.

If a search fails, it should give you the option to start a new search. If you quit to the main menu and start the search again manually then that should work

But you're probably better off just starting a boosting session for it. I don't think there's much chance of finding a game naturally. Even I struggled and the game had only been out for a few months when I played

The game does switch quite quickly to a different game mode when searching for Lab games. It does say what mode it's searching for when it changes and you get a short amount of time to back out. Personally I found it very easy to get a game, I got it a couple months back and was playing 7-9pm gmt0 if that helps.

It's very strange, I struggled to get this trophy before starting a boosting session. But only on PS4. I got it on the PS3 version on my first try looking for a game. Maybe I just got very lucky but I would expect more people to be playing the PS4 version- perhaps this is a fallacy on my part because it came out on PS3 first therefore fewer people bought it on PS4.

So thanks all for the input, especially the auto mode switching part during matchmaking. I just got it last night, literally first game I joined (in progress) the animus started talking about Game Lab mode modifications etc. This never happened before, so I knew I was actually in the right mode. I joined in during the second round of a Manhunt match, played for a short time and game ended. I was on the losing team but trophy still popped. So I guess a partial confirm that you don't need to play right from the start of the match.

This trophy is complete bullshit.

I can guess why people don't play Game Lab, you get reduced XP and no Accolades from playing the game mode. Eventually you can play all the modes with randoms if you're on long enough. But Game Lab? Nope, fuck that.

Between that, the sheer grind required for level 55, and the poor multiplayer, I'm not going to bother stacking the PS3 version of Black Flag. If the PS4 version is this bad, the PS3 version is probably a lot worse considering that is an old console now.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out why Ubisoft decided to just put in co-op for Unity, and just remove multiplayer altogether by the time Syndicate arrived.

I played it in the end of 2018 and it was no problem to get it done pretty fast. Of course it takes awhile but opening a lobby and people have joined fast. For the grind to 55 when playing it the normal way it’s kinda enjoyable with different people imo.

Edited by DENNIS330bmw

So I am just going back to platinum this game now, and can’t get enough players online for this trophy. Any ideas? 

On 22/11/2020 at 8:20 AM, LEGACY12 said:

So I am just going back to platinum this game now, and can’t get enough players online for this trophy. Any ideas? 

This is my situation now!  maybe I need to start a boosting request thread (not sure this is the first time ill be trying to get a boost session happening)