Top 27 in 100% club in fastest achievers are all trophy Hack jobs

10 hours ago, B1rvine said:

You guys can stop.  Shaming somebody for pointing out a problem on the leaderboard is awful.  His intentions were honorable.  Learn how to differentiate someone giving attitude and just making a statement out of distress.  And PaperMonkeyBoy, stop trying to legitimize your cheating ways.

Listen, it's pretty simple. If you have a problem (and evidently, the OP has a BIG problem with cheaters in a game that has been platted by more than 100,000 gamers) you have two choices.  Fix the problem or bitch about it.  

Maybe its generational differences. I learned pretty quickly in life that if you have a problem, don't wait for someone to come along and fix it for you if you can already fix it yourself. Other generations first instinct is to take to the social media airwaves and piss and moan about whatever. 

I turn in hackers a couple times a week on games I care about. I don't come crying to the forums about the hackers, I just turn them in and the mods flag them within a few days. I don't publicize that I turn them in, I don't make a display about it, but they get removed and that meets my satisfaction. 

I dont think its too much to ask of somebody to become a premium member.  That's a simple request to support a site you care about.  It's wonderful PSNP can be free for the masses but if everyone went the free route, do you think we'd still be here? Support the community you love! 

On 3/14/2017 at 8:45 PM, enaysoft said:

Hacking or not, there are games that have trophy glitches, do we consider those people cheats?

Back in 2008 or so, my mate brought round Buzz!, I was already pretty careful of what games I put in my console even back then.
I didn't want some shitty trophies for a quiz game, but my mate brought the game round and we had some 4 player action, he assured me the game had zero trophies because it was old.
I found out later that the game had downloaded a patch and inside that was trophy support. The next day I was pissed.
I tried deleting the 0% trophies but I couldn't, I deleted the game and game data and still they remained.

So I gave up and decided to borrow the game off my friend and do the horrible task of playing a game that I didn't really want to do.
Except the next time I booted the game up, trophies started popping left right and center. Turns out the game has glitchy trophies and a patched save data when run on unpatched version, pops up trophies for you.
So now I've stuck with 10,25, and 50 wins on a quiz game all being given within seconds of each other. I can't delete them,

On the one hand at least I got that game out the way in record time, I've kind of started so I'll finish. So that's what I did, glitched almost all of the game. Does that mean I'm a cheater? Do I need to be reported as a cheater?

My friend, who I was in trophy competition with, would often not sync his trophies until he's amassed many. He's do that so I would relax and think I was ahead of him, when in reality, he was storing them up, so one day surprise me, sync and boom.
He would be like a whole trophy level ahead of me.

Unfortunately after a year of doing this, on one occassion when he was playing GTA4 and leaving the game on for days because of glitchy racing (or something)
His PS3 suddenly died, and with it a whole ton of unpopped trophies. He had however backed up his save data.
Unfortunately when he got a replacement PS3 there didn't seem a way to get back those unpopped trophies. So for most of the games he just continued from backed up saves on USB, the games had trophies you'd easily get near the beginning, then a massive gap of months and then suddenly trophies at the end of the game, or suddenly trophies popping at random because of unknown circumstances where trophy checks where performed.
Every game is different of course, but does that mean he can be accused of hacking because his trophies are in a weird order?

Then there's speedrum save state manipulation. Let's say a game has 100,000 kill trophy.
You play the game until 99,999 kills, back up your save without syncing your trophies, and then format your console.
Now you can load up that save, pop that grindy trophy as your first trophy, then play the game (or whatever) from then on or from scratch.

Matthew (Premium Member) brings up this point, x amount of kills with the MP40 but that wa obviously done with save state manipulation. Not technically hacking or cheating in any way. Fair? Probably not, but games started off a backed up save game without synced trophies could put the trophies in almost any order.

Hackers though probably have dodgy orders or timing of trophies throughout many games, not just one.
It's unfair though to accuse people of hacking their games when in reality they might have been legit. Auto popping is another one, I've seen people with 6 second Platinums from Soundshapes, where does doubt of a platinum start and end?

And finally, what about games that you can cheat on with online boosting, turbo fire controller stuck down with heavy objects to grind something, how can cheating in those cases ever possibly be proven?

I appreciate the valid and thorough points you made. 

After looking further into the top 50, there's way more out of order trophies to find. Maybe this all was a major trophy syncing problem from 2011 and prior. Either way, it's a shame that none of these players in the 100% leaderboards have 100% legit time stamps.

As far as avoiding getting your first trophy in this game, I tried to do it like that. I was able to avoid it until I accidently killed 3 enemies at once with explosives in the 5th mission. I could have gone much farther as I was making my own game stats as I was going along. For some reason they didn't care to show the player stats in this game even though it keeps stats. You couldn't earn any of the trophies if it didn't record stats.

Uncharted 1 is a very hard game. I even had to clip through walls to make certain areas much less frustrating on crushing difficulty. The enemies vary from shooting through corners partially to shooting through corners by a foot and you don't know which one until it's too late by dying from a one shot charging shotgun kill. And most weapons are weak. And enemies stumble when shot in same way when they die so most the time you don't know if they are dead until they slowing fall to the ground. The enemy accuracy is also ridiculous. They move around and run faster than you can while shooting and hitting you. They even do a bullet dodge dance when you aim at them.

The average player would never get this game 100% done in under 8 hours. I played this a number of times before on other accounts and my most recent time is about 11 hours 30 minutes. That's with clipping through walls.

I challenge anybody to speedrun this PS3 game on a new account and video record it showing all trophies popping and do all of it (minimum 2 playthoughs) in under 8 hours. Many weapons are area specific. Clipping through walls to skip missions will not unlock the game difficulty related trophies but clipping between mission start locations does work.

Edited by USA_Elite_Badass